Page 1 of 541 1234112651101501 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Disney Face Character Auditions

Let's discuss Face Character auditions at Disneyland.

How do they work? And how can you get cast?
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-19-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: First post must set up the thread

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

They audition starts off with them lining you up in groups of 10 and they will just look at everyones faces. From there they cut A LOT of people. After that they will either re look at everyone they've kept and make a cut again or they will teach you a simple dance routine. From there they make another cut. After that they'll begin to wig people and have some people do readings. Yet again they will make cuts and look at people in wigs again.

Each audition is different though so you never know. Here at Disneyland California they do not make you do fur characters if you do face.

• Sock Puppet

Thanks a bunch that helped!

Good luck at auditions (when you're old enough). I wanted to point out that if you're Alice, you will most likely be Wendy, too. I would say 99% (if not all) actors who are cast as Alice are also cast as Wendy (and vice versa). This is because both characters were sketched from the same model and voiced by the same person (Kathryn Beaumont, in both cases), are both 10-12 year old British girls, and are thus very similar in character. Again, good luck!

• Sock Puppet

Oh, I love Wendy too!
    I had no clue about that. That's really interesting. Thanks for the info

• Honorary Dapper Dan

I have a random question about this, because I'm thinking of doing DCP next summer...

Are freckles an instant cut? I'm a 5'2" redhead, but it seems like none of the characters have freckles, and I have freckles. Just wondering if I'd even have a chance.
    "I can stand the sight of worms,
    and look at microscopic germs,
    but technicolor pachyderms
    are really too much for me."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Wavy Blue View Post
    I have a random question about this, because I'm thinking of doing DCP next summer...

Are freckles an instant cut? I'm a 5'2" redhead, but it seems like none of the characters have freckles, and I have freckles. Just wondering if I'd even have a chance.
    Hm, I don't think so. You can cover them up with makeup if needed im sure.
    Last edited by Alice in Wonderland; 08-30-2009 at 07:58 PM.

its really hard to get in.. but i pray you for good luck.. you can post pics too btw..
    just do what you think...

• Sock Puppet

Yes Wavy Blue post a picture
    I'll post one!

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by Wavy Blue View Post

Freckles are not an instant cut, but I really only know one princess who even has freckles. The casting director really does like to look for clear porcelain skin, so I would say having freckles will decrease your chances sadly. I should know, I'm freckled as well and I've never made it past the first cut.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by whitealexander View Post
    its really hard to get in.. but i pray you for good luck.. you can post pics too btw..
    If you want to try and make it pass the first cut or work for Disney, I wouldn't be taking any pictures back stage and posting them on any public forum.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by whitealexander View Post
    Oh, I thought he meant like post a picture of herself

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

i sometimes thought of auditioning for fur characters, since i'm pretty wacky and animated person anyways. a manager at my last job worked at DL as multilple fur characters and he told me how they have u do something on the spot, like pantomiming or something.

anyways as far as face characters go one of the vendors i work with is interested in doing that. she has porcelain skin with black hair. so she could be good as Snow White maybe or wear a wig for being another character i guess.

anyways i assume being cast as a face character is a lot harder than getting cast as a fur character. i remember when i was a kid i used to wanna grow up and be Goofy lol. sometimes i still think about that. i'm 6ft so i would need to be one of the taller characters.

anyways good luck to u guys.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by american_werewolf View Post
    i sometimes thought of auditioning for fur characters, since i'm pretty wacky and animated person anyways. a manager at my last job worked at DL as multilple fur characters and he told me how they have u do something on the spot, like pantomiming or something.

anyways as far as face characters go one of the vendors i work with is interested in doing that. she has porcelain skin with black hair. so she could be good as Snow White maybe or wear a wig for being another character i guess.

anyways i assume being cast as a face character is a lot harder than getting cast as a fur character. i remember when i was a kid i used to wanna grow up and be Goofy lol. sometimes i still think about that. i'm 6ft so i would need to be one of the taller characters.

anyways good luck to u guys.
    Haha how cute, goofy You could be the queen of hearts, i think! haha. Thanks I cannot wait till i'm old enough.

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    Haha how cute, goofy You could be the queen of hearts, i think! haha. Thanks I cannot wait till i'm old enough.
    Queen of Hearts lol.

i remember back in high school they were scouting for auditions at my school, but i was too young at the time.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

Page 1 of 541 1234112651101501 ... LastLast