• The one, the only...

Why DCA needs dinosaurs

I came across this article on Yahoo. Cache of Ice Age fossils found in Los Angeles

Dinosaurs are enjoyed by both kids and adults. Walt knew that, and that is why he made it apart of Disneyland. But technology has come so much farther than when Walt was around. One can create a really marvelous attraction which really immerse and educate, while at the same time provide some thrills too. I really believe that a land or attraction that took guests back to the age of dinosaurs would be a great attraction and fit the theme of "California."

What do you think? Do you think dinosaurs fit with DCA?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Why DCA needs dinosaurs

I'm not a big fan of the idea. Fits the theme very loosely and I've seen what they've done with dinosaurs in Florida. You don't want that here.

• =)

Dinosaurs would technically fit the theme of California, since there were indeed dinosaurs in California...but a strong theme relies on each element to actively support it, and dinosaurs would not do that. There are many better options for creating an engaging, historical-with-hints-of-fantasy celebration of California.

• Still lost in Neverland

There are dinosaurs already in DCA. Just walk down the main road past the Sun Plaza and walk close by the rocks on the Right (the back of Grizzly Peak) and you will see dino fossils in the rocks. I am pretty sure they are Imagineering fossils and not the real thing, but you never know.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I mean hell if they can devote far too much land to "four wheeled" things they can sure as heck make some room for Dinos.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I mean hell if they can devote far too much land to "four wheeled" things they can sure as heck make some room for Dinos.
    I'm hoping this was a tongue-in-cheek remark, but in case it wasn't, I'd like to bring up the age-old and oh-so-correct adage that two wrongs most certainly do not make a right.

I think it could work for an attraction, but nothing more. I would even say do a ice age (time period, not film) attraction with the La Brea tar pits being the queue.

Many people have dinos, not many have done the ice age.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the idea. Fits the theme very loosely and I've seen what they've done with dinosaurs in Florida. You don't want that here.
    yeah i think dinosaur theme is kinda redundant that its kinda boring..
    just do what you think...

• we jumped out a window

JiminyCricketFan, you do realize that the article you had linked to was not about dinosaurs at all but prehistoric mammals like saber toothed cats and mammoths?

As these species were not indigenous to California but lived in other parts of the world, I wouldn't see this attraction as the best way to represent and celebrate the California experience.

• Banned User

I think a great place for some fossil/dino exhibit would be to turn the currently big empty pond into a giant tar pit! Complete with struggling Mammoths, Sabre-tooth tigers, and a hapless caveman. THEN... where the former Golden State Amphitheater was, turn that into an exhibit of what the fossils would look like now!

How's them apples?!

• aka the scorpion eater!

I like it, but the outside of the attraction would need to look like the La Brea tar pits and would have to be based on the role of Dinosaurs in California, such as stuff to recreate the experience of visiting the tar pits and really it should focus more on the ice age stuff rather than dinosaurs... but where would it go? thats the only question... I dont see a place in DCA that would have space after Carsland and it doesnt seem to fit well in any particular land.

Now they could update and reimagineer the diorama on the Disneyland Railroad with some updated AA's while leaving everything the same as far as scenes shown, music/audio/narrative, and the overall look... in this case it would not be destroying the attraction... just plussing it by leaving every scene and audio intact, just updating the AA's featured to have newer technology and look and make the diorama really shine... I saw clips from walking with the Dinosaurs and thought... if they used dinosaurs of that quality on the Disneyland Railroad Diorama, imagine how awesome that would look not to mention some updated ligting and lava effects to give the T Rex vs. Stegosaurus battle a nice kick to end the diorama
    Last edited by tamasurvivor; 02-17-2009 at 11:13 PM.
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post

Boy, you got that right! You want Primeval World? Well how about Primeval WHIIRRRRLL???? Good bye, Goofy Sky School! Sunglass hut stays. Paradise Bay becomes Paradise Brea! (brea means tar).

Here's a better idea... tell La Brea Bakery to start making dino-shape treats.

Anyhoo, sorry to bally-hoo your idea, but I don't think it could work at all under the current expansion situation. Even without it, I just don't see it happening. They couldn't even get it right in a theme park that actually has a DINO LAND!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html