• Sock Puppet

What was up with the crowds today?

I went to the park today thinking that since the offseason had begun, the crowd wouldn't be too bad. Boy was I surprised! At one point durring the day Space Mountain had a 2 hour wait. I went to Downtown Disney and was going to re-enter the park at around 8ish the lady at secuity check was telling everyone that Disneyland was at capacity. I looked at the line to get in and it was at least a 20 minute wait to get into the park. That is, if they would have let me in. So I look towards DCA and the line is about 15 minutes to get in. THEY ONLY HAD 2 GATES OPEN TO GET IN!! And here's what I don't get. THEY HAD 4 CM's, EACH AT A SEPERATE GATE LETTING PEOPLE OUT!! Needless to say, I just left. Without my firework fix!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: What was up with the crowds today?

Do Saturdays ever slow down? It sure doesn't seem that way anymore. I'll take a shortened Wednesday anytime.
    -Monorail Man

• OM NOM NOM

There were three Company Outings scheduled today. Also, it was the first Saturday that was not blocked for Deluxe.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I figured it must have been very busy when I drove through the area and there were the temporary electronic message signs (usually seen at construction sites) directing people to park at the Convention Center. Wonder what was going on. It was just a "usual" Saturday in September..

All I know it was way to crowded for a saturday for the off season. I think the company partys shouldn't have been on a saturday. I mean fantasmic was full in the good section very early in the evening. And on days like that you know its got way to many ppl in the park.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

• All? NO, ALL!

According to Anabella Hotel's Anaheim Convention Center schedule, the event at the ACC was the Yugioh Regionals. Good Lord. Really. What the crap is that thing anyways? I watched it once when I was 12, and I was like... "what?" Seriously.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    There were three Company Outings scheduled today. Also, it was the first Saturday that was not blocked for Deluxe.
    Last Saturday was the first Saturday Deluxe wasn't blocked, cuz I got in

During the off-season, the only way to go is during the week. Kids are in schools, adults don't play hookey, as often, family's don't usually take vacations during this time. I mean, this last Wednesday was great. I walked on Space Mountain twice in a row without stopping, literally. Buzz Lightyear, only 5 minutes. Even Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones were both 15 minutes. It was great.

ANd, of course, California Adventure was awesome. Tower of Terror looked really magnificent, the way the sun was hitting it. The whole day was great. Week days are the only way to go.

• Minion

I think part of the problem is the EARLY closing time on fridays (10pm...even though it was busy enough to close much later) and lack of fireworks on sundays. I think this deters people from going fridays and sundays and they choose to come on the day with the most hours and entertainment, saturday.

If its this crowded already I dont even want to think what gay day will be like with the additional demand of 25,000 guests participating in the events.

• Rock Star Minion

There isn't much of an "offseason" when the AP Program numbers 600,000, mostly locals.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneyholic

Thumbs up Re: What was up with the crowds today?

It was too crazy yesterday! I am an AP'er and for the off season it was so crowded that i spent the whole day at DCA! Good thing no one was there longest line I stood in was for 35 minutes. Only good thing to come out of yesterday was that I finally purchased the 6 CD set of Disneyland music and can't stop listening to it.
    My wife... yes, my dog... maybe, my guitar...never!!!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

You're kidding me right? Yesterday was the busiest day for me since I got my pass in June! Summer crowds were better than yesterdays!!

I should have known something was up when they parked me in some CM parking lot north of the MAF structure. Shoulder to shoulder was the theme of the day all over the park. DCA was better but even there it was crowded. I got on BTMRR and the train and that was it, and I was there from 2pm-10:30pm. Thank god for likker at DCA!!!

Now everyone has me worried. I am new to micechat, but a long time fan of Disneyland. We are planning on taking our two year old to Disneyland next week. We always avoid weekends, but what do you all think about the middle of the week (Tues, Wed, and Thurs)? When we first planned our trip we were a little worried about the crowds and the 50th. I hope it doesn't turn into a miserable experience with our little one!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy247
    Now everyone has me worried. I am new to micechat, but a long time fan of Disneyland. We are planning on taking our two year old to Disneyland next week. We always avoid weekends, but what do you all think about the middle of the week (Tues, Wed, and Thurs)? When we first planned our trip we were a little worried about the crowds and the 50th. I hope it doesn't turn into a miserable experience with our little one!

You should be okee dokee. Have fun!!

• CM for 4 years!

The crowds during the week have been minimal. Yesterday we had about 23,000 and it was a beautiful day out.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.