Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Character Locations?? - 1st Trip!!!

Hi everyone! I've been visiting WDW my whole life (at least 30 times), and am finally making my first trip to DL in 2 weeks!! Characters are really important to us, so I'm trying to learn where the meet-and-greet locations are. Any help you all have would be greatly appreciated. I'll take any and all locations you can provide, but I'm also interested in things I'd consider rare. That would be things like, characters in different outfits (I've heard Mickey can possibly be found as Steamboat Willie, Band Concert, etc..?), characters not at WDW, or rare characters in general. Thanks so much for even the smallest bit of help! I'm very excited!!

• OM NOM NOM

Re: Character Locations?? - 1st Trip!!!

Most main characters such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip n Dale do their meet and greets in the town square. (Mickey and Minnie also have scheduled appearances in their respective houses in Toontown)

The princesses are usually wandering around near the castle, as well as several villains.

I've seen Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins and Bert (and an occasional penguin) all around the central hub.

Over in DCA, Lilo, Stitch and Mickey in his "California" attire tend to pop up in Sunshine Plaza, and Handy Manny and Sully appear in Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

Apart from that, most characters tend to stick to their lands in terms of their theme (Jesse and Woody in frontierland, Buzz in tomorrowland, Pooh & Company in critter country).

However, your best bet for finding times for character appearances is to ask a cast member- they list the times for meet and greets on the cast member reference guide that every CM should have.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Minion

what he said ^. But of u want to particapaye with alive and mad hatter go to coke corner and play musical chairs at 2:00 I think? I'm not sure! But there hilarios.

Great, thanks! How about Mickey in various outfits? Are Steamboat Willie, Band Concert, etc. still out for meets? Any other tips? Also, I have the Disney Chase card. Is the M&G for that at CA worth the time?

• I'm not really here

Actually, don't just ask any cast member... not all of them know the exact times and locations.

Go to City Hall first thing when you get to the park (before 1pm) and they can call the character department and get the locations and times where any characters you might want will be. Just go in and ask where and when x, y z will be and they'll write it down for you.

As for Mickey in the various outfits, go to his house. When you get to the room with the movie playing and are near the front where the CM lets you in, ask (discreetly so as not to ruin the magic for kids nearby) which Mickey's are available right then. if you are really nice, they often will let you see the one you want. Just come back through the line a few times if you want to get all the different ones.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Interesting, thanks. Putting this properly, Mickey does not change outfits in his house at WDW; always in the classic tux. Thanks for the info everyone. If anything else comes to mind, let me have it!

Actually the Princesses can be seen at Princess Fantasy Faire. They use to walk around the castle, but sadly it doesn't happen anymore. You can also visit Tinkerbell and her fairy friends at Pixie Hollow.

• Legends never die...

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    As for Mickey in the various outfits, go to his house. When you get to the room with the movie playing and are near the front where the CM lets you in, ask (discreetly so as not to ruin the magic for kids nearby) which Mickey's are available right then. if you are really nice, they often will let you see the one you want. Just come back through the line a few times if you want to get all the different ones.
    Actually did this today. The CM's were extremely nice about it, and we got to see the Mickey we wanted.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• Far too curious

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    what he said ^. But of u want to particapaye with alive and mad hatter go to coke corner and play musical chairs at 2:00 I think? I'm not sure! But there hilarios.
    2:30.

Alice and Mr. Hatter are almost always out at the front gate with the Disneyland band at 10. They come back for the castle show at 11(however, they usually don't do meet and greets at this time), and then they have musical chairs at 2:30. There are a few more sets in between that, but when they come out all depends on how they feel that day. If you're lucky, some time during the day Peter Pan might be out bothering them, but I'm pretty sure he has no set times to be out and about, and I know he isn't there every day.

Ah, I just remembered something else. On occasion, I have also seen Aladdin and Jasmine out in front of Aladdin's Oasis in the morning(around 9 or 10). I'm not around them very often, though, so I'd ask a CM about that one.

Other than that, everyone else has said most of what I know. Oh! Also, more often than not, Cruella DeVil is out in Town Square on Main Street.

Ha, awesome, thanks. Are things like the 11:00 castle show and 2:30 musical chairs on the Times Guide, or are they things you just have to know about?

Also, does anyone know what characters are typically at the Disney Visa meet and greet at DCA?

• Far too curious

Quote Originally Posted by JLindley2003 View Post
    Ha, awesome, thanks. Are things like the 11:00 castle show and 2:30 musical chairs on the Times Guide, or are they things you just have to know about?
    As far as I know, I'm pretty sure musical chairs is not on the time guide, it's just one of those things you have to know about. I think the same is for the castle show...but I have no idea. I haven't touched a park map/entertainment schedule in a long time.

The Visa meet and greet switches between Chip & Dale, then Pluto.

Congrts...hehe...Hope you enjoy...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JLindley2003 View Post

Also, does anyone know what characters are typically at the Disney Visa meet and greet at DCA?

Oh BTW the castle show isn't anything like WDWs so don't get your hopes up for a big cheesy show about dreaming with mickey! I'm just playin, but the show is just a little thing wityh the main street band and characters.

Also DCA in the backlot will have sorcerer mickey, sully, cinderella, and hercules are out in the back lot at different times! U mite even see an icredible are two meandering the streets!

At Redwood Creek Challenge trail you'll find brothere bear.

Bugs life characters in bugs land

Great! Thanks again for all the great advice! Looks like there's quite a list, but we'll try to hit it all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast