Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Does anyone remember riding adventure through inner space?

I loved that ride. When I was little, I thought we were really getting shrunk down. I remember the model in the queue area that showed the small ride vehicles with "guests" in them. That was convincing enough for me at the time!
    <o>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    Welcome to Adventure Thru Inner Space Splash Intro

Here's an interesting site about the ride.
    Check out the ATIS Virtual Ride Thru (Adventure Thru Inner Space DVD) noted on that site. It's supposed to be pretty accurate and has been getting rave reviews.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    I loved that ride. When I was little, I thought we were really getting shrunk down. I remember the model in the queue area that showed the small ride vehicles with "guests" in them. That was convincing enough for me at the time!

Me, too! Funny how much realer things are when you're little. I loved ATIS, and I was so sad when it was gone. I used to beg my dad to take me on the "shrinking machine".
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

as i've stated before on this board, i love that ride, and i too really miss it. i was so young when it was around, and i remember going on, but i was like about 5 or so or maybe 4 during the last time it was around. i always remember that giant eye at the end, and i remember thinking that was the name of the ride or something "The Giant Eye" cuz i never could remember the actual title of it.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    Inner Sapce was awesome, I rode it from the day it opened until it closed. Today it would have a great retro 60's futuristic feel. I think this and the people mover are the rides I feel the most sentimental about in tomorrowland. Too bad they won't be coming back.
    i would love for this and The Peoplemover to come back too. i miss the 80's.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Check out the ATIS Virtual Ride Thru (Adventure Thru Inner Space DVD) noted on that site. It's supposed to be pretty accurate and has been getting rave reviews.
    I have the DVD and it is amazing!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Hillbilly Philosopher

I rode on it when it was new (I was just a kid), it was after a long day at DL and I was tired after walking all day but it seemed that could feel myself shrinking! It was a great attraction, free*, dark and air conditioned. It was also a great ride years later when I was a teenager**.

There has been a lot said about the Peoplemover, I think the short answer was it was a very long track and impossible to monitor when teenagers made a sport of hopping between the cars (and occasionally getting themselves killed).

Another popular argument was that the ride attendance declined in it's last years. But you would have to admit that as Tomorrowland changed the people mover offered less previews to see - no Voyage thru Inner Space , no Rocket to Mars, no America the Beautiful. They finally added the Tron "Speed Tunnel" it was lame and missed out the entire point of the Peoplemover as a way to preview the Tomorrowland attractions and a working demonstration of a future transportation system.

~JBodine

*There used to be this thing called a ticket book and you had to use a ticket for every ride...

**I'll take the fifth amendment on this one!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I vaguely remember the ride, the darkness, the snowflakes, the water molecules. But the biggest thing that stands out was viewing that shrinking machine, while waiting in line. Thankfully there are some videos/dvds out there now, and the soundtrack, too, which was so distinctive.

<-- and yes, this is a picture of what I looked like, on my first Adventure thru Inner Space.

Last time I rode it in 1978, and then around 1996, I was in the Disney Gallery, and a friend who was with me, noticed that they were playing the soundtrack from Atis! It was so cool to hear it again after nearly two decades.

• Sock Puppet

I rode it numerous times.

I remember it well!

Especially that one particular time during Grad Nite!

If you know what I mean!

Ahhhhhh memories....

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    This is an incredible DVD - if you have never ridden ATIS (and if you have as it is a great flashback), this is a must buy as it is an absolutely dead-on recreation of the experience. Congrats to all behind it and wish we had these for all the old attractions.

• no flash photography...

I only have vague memories of it. It as not a must do ride. I remeber the shrinking and the eyeball...other than that I remember being really bored.

• Banned User

Yes! I remember riding it as a kid. I was scared the first time, because I saw the miniature people going by and I thought they were going to shrink us, so, I was upset and crying. What a baby!

• Minion

Yep, one of the best "make out rides" at the park. You could make out until the big eye catches you...lol

• Senior Minion

I rode it a few times but my memories are very vague. I definitely remember the microscope and some of the ride but it's not that clear because I was pretty young.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Add me to the number of people who were young enough to be freaked out by the giant eye and worry about not being un-shrunk. My most vivid memories are of standing in line watching the people ahead of us "shrink", and of the snowflakes. Man, I miss that ride.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast