Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Disney rides breaking down and closing early?

Yesterday I went to Disneyland and California Adventures. It was an extremely fun day, but there were a few problems.
    Indiana Jones broke down 3 times or more. And when we were about to get on the ride it shut down. So close! Everyone waited, then exited. That took a longgg time!
    Haunted mansion also stopped on us due to technical difficulties.
    Alice in Wonderland & Big Thunder Mountain stopped on us aswell.
    It was really confusing, and rides never do that. They're always ontop of their game!
    Then it was 10:30, and Disneyland closes at 12:00 and my friend and I went to go on Splash Mountain because we thought it's late and cold no one will be on, so let's go! we get there and there's a log stuck at the top and no ones on, and it's shut down. Maybe people had to evacuate in it? But that ride was shut down really early and it was dissapointing. Some CA adventures rides shut down early but I wont complain because it was 30-45 minutes before it closed. Not that bad.

It was just an interesting day. A lot of problems.
    Although, I still love Disney and want to go back soon!

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disney rides breaking down and closing early?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    It was really confusing, and rides never do that.

Sure they do! And sadly, way too often! (some MORE than others... hint- Indy)

So do we!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Oh sorry to hear that..I too hate when that happens espically when your the first one in the line and are about to get into the ride and the..boom..sorry ride is close come back in hour and half. I've had those type of days..the only things that cheers me up when that happens is at least I am in disneyland and I am in the most magical happiest place on earth. And even if i ride the"baby" rides I still have fun.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Ugh. It sounds like you went on a very unlucky day. Let's hope your next visit is a little better!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Greetings, Program!

Yesterday I went to Disneyland and California Adventures. It was an extremely fun day, but there were a few problems.
    Indiana Jones broke down 3 times or more. And when we were about to get on the ride it shut down. So close! Everyone waited, then exited. That took a longgg time!
    Haunted mansion also stopped on us due to technical difficulties.
    Alice in Wonderland & Big Thunder Mountain stopped on us aswell.
    It was really confusing, and rides never do that. They're always ontop of their game!
    Then it was 10:30, and Disneyland closes at 12:00 and my friend and I went to go on Splash Mountain because we thought it's late and cold no one will be on, so let's go! we get there and there's a log stuck at the top and no ones on, and it's shut down. Maybe people had to evacuate in it? But that ride was shut down really early and it was dissapointing. Some CA adventures rides shut down early but I wont complain because it was 30-45 minutes before it closed. Not that bad.

It was just an interesting day. A lot of problems.
    Yeah, I was there last night and passed Alice on the way to the Matterhorn and saw that the evac lights were on. Later on though I saw that it was back up.

I was on Mansion too when it stopped for a very brief time, but that happens a LOT anyway. I wouldn't classify that as an actual break-down rather perhaps it was a handicapped guest entry/exit scenario.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Just a reminder, for Omnimover attractions like Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear they have to stop the Omnimovers to load and/or unload Special Assistance guests, and that triggers off the safety spiels. Not necessarily a breakdown, in fact almost always not.

On things like Splash or Space Mountain, there are times when the ride E-stops for a real reason and they just evacuate and go home - because it's 11:30 and it would take them 45 minutes to reset and restart and safety check before they could reopen - and the park closes in 30.

Now I'm not saying that someone on the crew would trip off that E-stop "accidentally on purpose" so they can get off a bit early or anything... (But if they do, they better not get caught doing it.)

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    I was on Mansion too when it stopped for a very brief time, but that happens a LOT anyway. I wouldn't classify that as an actual break-down rather perhaps it was a handicapped guest entry/exit scenario.
    Yeah, I understand. But when we were in the big round room in the beginning where the room "stretches", we were waiting for about 15 minutes due to technical difficulties. It was extremely stuffy!

I think we might have been on the Mansion at the same time... I was stopped right where the doom buggie tilts backwards coming out of the attic scene right under the crow.

Every time I went past Indie they kept saying "it broke down again." I felt kinda sorry for the CMs. They looked kinda frazzled at one point.

Also, in DCA they stopped the last production of the Aladdin show right after the first scene. They kept announcing that there were "technical difficulties" and then they finally said that it was going to be canceled. That was pretty disappointing because I hadn't seen it yet. Oh well, there's always next time.

Maybe it was an off day for Disney.

• Greetings, Program!

Yeah, I understand. But when we were in the big round room in the beginning where the room "stretches", we were waiting for about 15 minutes due to technical difficulties. It was extremely stuffy!
    Yeah.....thats a break-down (101).
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by QTPixie826 View Post
    I think we might have been on the Mansion at the same time... I was stopped right where the doom buggie tilts backwards coming out of the attic scene right under the crow.

Every time I went past Indie they kept saying "it broke down again." I felt kinda sorry for the CMs. They looked kinda frazzled at one point.

Also, in DCA they stopped the last production of the Aladdin show right after the first scene. They kept announcing that there were "technical difficulties" and then they finally said that it was going to be canceled. That was pretty disappointing because I hadn't seen it yet. Oh well, there's always next time.

Maybe it was an off day for Disney.
    Yeah, I must agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    On things like Splash or Space Mountain, there are times when the ride E-stops for a real reason and they just evacuate and go home - because it's 11:30 and it would take them 45 minutes to reset and restart and safety check before they could reopen - and the park closes in 30.
    They never do that.

The crew stays on throughout a downtime. Facilities needs them in place. If the ride can reopen 5 minutes before park closing, it will. Splash did reopen last night.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Now I'm not saying that someone on the crew would trip off that E-stop "accidentally on purpose" so they can get off a bit early or anything... (But if they do, they better not get caught doing it.)
    I doubt anyone would, since I would guess it takes a lot more work and stair climbing to evacuate a ride like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain than to just cycle out and power down at the end of the night.

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

i know this may sound weird but i've always thought it would be interesting to be one a ride and have them evac, just to see what it looks like when its not working, u know like behind the scenes or whatever, especially a ride like HM. but i'd hate for a fast paced ride like Space or something to have that happen, but slow rides like HM or Pirates i think would be fun. but like i said i'm weird lol. yes i'm the guy that always wants to see the magic behind the magic. but i've never been on a ride that stopped for that long that they had to get us off or anything.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I doubt they'd do it on purpose myself. Though I did know people who would "accidentally" break their company truck around Noon on a 3-day-weekend Friday to get sent home early...

(Probably why they started buying bigger trucks with Allison automatics, just to stop that nonsense. Can't pop the clutch on a slushbox.)

But if it's 10 minutes to closing and a ride goes down, and it takes longer than that to do a reset, I sincerely doubt there's a huge rush to get it back up again. Human nature, unless there's a VIP waiting in line for one last ride they don't want to rush and get it back up - and thirty seconds later the whistle blows for the night.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

I guess I'm lucky. The only time a ride ever broke down while I was waiting in line was Indy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast