CHOC Walk/ Half Marathon

Hey every1. I want to run/jog whatever through Disneyland and I remember ppl posting pictures about the CHOC Walk and Half Marathon. What would you recommend? Which one is better, funner, etc? Is the Half Marathon more popular? (and is that a one day thing because on their website it shows a weekend, and i'm confused). Help me clarify things and thanks for any suggestions.
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Minion

Re: CHOC Walk/ Half Marathon

Well you can't run in the CHOC walk. It only for walking. So if you want to run, the Half Marathon is our thing.

I am not sure about the Half Marathon, but in the CHOC walk, characters are out cheering you on. For example, the Columbia was parked in front of TSI and there were characters cheering you on. At HMH, Jack and Sally were out. On the second story of the Jungle Cruise building, Aladdin and Jasmine were out. I thought that that was really fun!!!

Hope that helps!!!!!

I confuse myself a lot but whatever it is whether running or walking, I just want to experience doing a marathon or walk through DL. I remember pictures from the summer of people going through DCA and DL but I wasn't sure which one it was so let me know if Ive clarified more.
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

CHOC Walk is what I do because I'm not a runner. Its usually in October, not sure about the half marathon.
    Katie

I ran the Half Marathon in 2007 and had a blast. This year I am running the 5K with my son. It is run on Saturday and the Half Marathon is on Sunday. The Half Marathon winds through the parks and out into Anaheim. In 07 we got to run through Angels Stadium - very cool! The characters are out in mass through the parks and you can stop and have your picture taken with them. The race ends in front of the DL Hotel. The 5 K is just through the parks. It is a weekend of events - and the park is crowded - but not unbearably so. They have a Health Fair that is held in the Convention Center in the DL Hotel. I have never heard of the CHOC walk before. I will have to look into that a little closer. Whatever you decide to do I am sure you will enjoy!
    Deedlebug

• 2nd star to the right...

Quote Originally Posted by monicaduy View Post
    I confuse myself a lot but whatever it is whether running or walking, I just want to experience doing a marathon or walk through DL. I remember pictures from the summer of people going through DCA and DL but I wasn't sure which one it was so let me know if Ive clarified more.
    If you want to take it a step further and add swimming and biking to it, check out the thread "SheROX is back in DLR!" The Danskin women's triathlon is back there. No word yet on where we're swimming. It's most likely taking place in June (though no official date has been announced yet). I'll be there!
    - J. Darling
    Singer, songwriter, paper pusher, boxer owner, student, and all around Disney fanatic.
    Loving my Disneyland Annual Pass!
    Next trip to WDW: 12/1-12/6/09!
    Next trip to DLR: This week!
    See ya in the parks!

I have done both and there is a big difference.

the CHOC walk is a slow walk, until people get spread out, it feels alot like walking in a parade. It is just through the 2 parks. Not any different than walking the park on a normal day, but you are on a planned route, and everyone seems to have a special Tshirt made just for that day. just a couple characters and the usual stage shows around. you don't get anything for finishing. it is very group/family focused.

The Half Marathon is a race through Anaheim, and if you can't keep up they send you back. It took me almost 3 hours. I was really impressed with the number of high school marching bands and boy scout troops and other non-disney groups that were out there performing and cheering for us along the route. we went under the big A and on the angels field and around the pond and back to downtown disney, and you get a nice medal and certificate for finishing. it really is hard if it is your first marathon.

but it is definitely less expensive and easier to register for the CHOC Walk