Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Evening Trip To Disneyland - Aiden's Special Moment w/Mickey - A MUST READ

The joy of being an annual passholder, and only living 10 minutes from the Disneyland Resort. It was Oscar night, and being cooped up in the house for most of the weekend, we wanted out so we went to the parks for a little bit.

Now most trip reports on here have pictures. I don't have them at the moment, but I will have Becka upload them on here within 24 hours.

We got there about 7:15, and parked on the top deck of the M&F parking structure. When we got down to the tram loading area, it was empty, no one there, and there seemed to be a lot of people leaving. We went over to DCA first, going over to Turtle Talk w/Crush sitting Aiden on the "lilly pad" right up front. He was ok for a little bit and got fussy right at about the end there because he wanted loose. We then went over to Bugs Land and rode his favorite ride there, Heimlich's chew chew train. When we got off, I had to ask the ultimate question:

When they take the Heimlich train off the main track to take it backstage, do they call that the "Heimlich Maneuver"?

The CM laughed and said he'd never heard that before, and that he'll have to remember that one.

After here, we went over to see Toy Story Mania, but it was 30 minutes long. I went on Screamin, while Becka & Aiden went on the Silver Hephyr, uhm, I mean the Golden Zephyr. Then we left here, and went over to where all the action was, Disneyland.

So first off, a warning, Disneyland currently has one of their big green walls blocking off sections of Main Street. There is a wall starting at about halfway up Main Street on the righthand side and goes all the way down towards Town Square, angling towards the Main Street Theater and stops right out in front of the bank. On the Main Street part, it is covering the trolley tracks, so there is limited room to walk between the buildings on the Emporium side and the wall. Don't know how long this is going to be up. This is most likely their continuing work on the trolley tracks and making improvements.

Anyways, on with the report. We headed straight to Adventureland, going on Jungle Cruise, which Aiden liked. No line and we practically walked on it. The captain was saying "Come on board, come on board. No, don't come on board, come on excited!" LOL. After here, Fantasmic was starting, but we bypassed this went to Haunted Mansion. Pretty sizeable crowd for Fantasmic, so we also walked on Haunted Mansion, and there was about only a dozen people on the elevator including us. The thunder part on the elevator scared Aiden and he was crying and upset for most of the ride. Funny, because he handled it fine when we went on it during the 2/15/09 mice chat meet. Maybe cause that one was too jammed pack and he was too distracted with all the people. We came off, Fantasmic still going, but he got to see the characters on the steamboat and was all "Ooooooooo!"

We headed straight to Small World, another one of his personal favorites. We also walked on this ride. Mainly because they had both sides open, and like most tourists, they all stick to one line, but the genius that I am who was also paying attention, noticed that the other side was open. No one on that side, the CM's were bored, and we walked straight on it. Got the middle seat, and had the entire boat to ourselves!!!! Naturally though, once people saw us heading down an open line, people followed. But a lil too late to get our boat! Ha ha! And a little side note, I counted 29 Disney characters on that ride.

After here, we went over to Toon Town. First we went on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. BIG MISTAKE! I hope the kid doesn't have night terror's tonight. He cried for most of it, probably cause it was too loud. And I don't think it was because he couldn't get the steering wheel. After here, we went over to Minnie's house (quick walkthrough there) and then over to Mickey's.

Now here's the point of the story. There was no one, AND I MEAN NO ONE in Toontown. We walked through Mickey's house, and no one in line to see him. Once Aiden saw Mickey, his face lit up, and he bolted for him. We had 10 minutes of UNINTERRUPTED quality time with Mickey!!! Aiden hugged him, and snuggled multiple times. Mickey even sat down on the little step of the stage and Aiden sat on his lap. They were dancing, jumping off the stage. And Aiden was going bonkers all over. The Cast Members were loving it up, and there was like 4 in there. Tons of pictures and Becka will get them uploaded later. It was completely priceless and one of those rare Disney moments one will always treasure, and will probably never be able to top. I missed the moments with him and Stitch, I'm glad I didn't miss these moments.

We left here, walked back to Main Street and rode the train around the park once before heading home. That pretty much sums it up. It goes to show that really good trips, those magical ones, can happen with either a whole day of it, or even just a few hours. Stay tuned for pictures.

• Shablagoo!

Re: Evening Trip To Disneyland - Aiden's Special Moment w/Mickey - A MUST READ

I can't wait for pics. cute story

• Banned User

Aw that really is a cute story.

• Legends never die...

I can't imagine how that must have made you feel if I'm happy just reading it. Which Mickey was it? And around what time?
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

Some pics please...hehehe
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Evening Trip To Disneyland - Aiden's Special Moment w/Mickey - A MUST READ
    Will I be severely punished if I don't?

• Missing Main Street

Hooray for Aiden!

He deserved a magic Mickey moment after suffering through HM and RRCS.
    Can't wait for those pix!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
    -Roald Dahl

• AW THERE U R.

Aw how cute!! That's so exciting, I can't wait to see pictures tonight!

• Breaking in her new jeans

Pics were finally made available!!

I was ready to trade him Pluto for Aiden, or bring Mickey home with us...
    Last edited by Becka-Lynn; 02-23-2009 at 09:57 PM.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Wonderful story! It makes my heart warm that you have totally "gotten it". This was a special moment for all of you and it's great that you appreciated how special your visit with Mickey was.

p.s. "Slum Dog Millionaire" got Best Picture. LOL

• Future Disney Villain

Its stories like this that make me realize that the Disney Magic is alive and well...

when you rode IASW did you count the magic carpet as a character? Because then you'd get 30..I found all 30 characters

Muppets are Totally Ab-Fab!

Professor Phantasma- Making inopportune comments about your Uggs since 2006

• The Pirate Girl

That's so adorable!
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

Thanks for sharing your Magical Moments! and great pictures too! Aiden is so cute.

Makes me all that much more excited to get there........

16 days 3 hrs and 13 minutes LOL

Grace

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

That is awesome...I espically loved the part with him and mickey. oh..im so jealous but for the right reasons..I'm glad your evening ended with a big sparkling moment. These are the moments that should always be cherished.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrLefou View Post
    Its stories like this that make me realize that the Disney Magic is alive and well...

when you rode IASW did you count the magic carpet as a character? Because then you'd get 30..I found all 30 characters
    Yes I did count carpet. The only one I didn't count was Mooshoo the kite. But I counted him next to Mulan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast