Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Main Street Repavement?

So I stumbled over this website a few days ago and figured I would get in on the fun!

I'm heading to Disneyland in a few weeks with my parents and girlfriend on March 16th-20th. I was wondering when the Main Street Re-pavement will be finished by? As goofy as it sounds, seeing all those teal construction walls would just ruin the magic for me when I walk in....any help would be greatly appreciated! Also any new on when the tarps will be removed from the Plaza Inn?

IslanderWags

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: Main Street Repavement?

Oh, Get Over Yourself!! ( )

They are supposed to be done sometime around the end of March last I heard. They are actually themed rather than just blank plywood walls plopped down in the street, so I doubt it'll "Harsh your Groove".

In the past, they've even painted the building on the outside of the tarp, so it's still there while it's not there... (Yeah, cue the Theremin music.)

If you want to worry yourself over something pointless, worry whether they'll have the new parade all ready to go as soon as the walls come down, or they make everyone wait till April or May.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by IslanderWags View Post
    So I stumbled over this website a few days ago and figured I would get in on the fun!

I'm heading to Disneyland in a few weeks with my parents and girlfriend on March 16th-20th. I was wondering when the Main Street Re-pavement will be finished by? As goofy as it sounds, seeing all those teal construction walls would just ruin the magic for me when I walk in....any help would be greatly appreciated! Also any new on when the tarps will be removed from the Plaza Inn?

IslanderWags

IslanderWags, I'm with you on this one! I'll be there for a week beginning March 11 so the walls will be there and it will be a bit disappointing for me too.

I'm hoping construction ends ahead of schedule, but thats just me thinking positive. I'm prepared to deal with any glitches and am excited to visit no matter what.

My biggest hope is that the crowds won't be too bad.

I think for those who live close to DLR and visit often its no big deal. But for us who live far away and don't get to visit a lot, it matters more.

Grace

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    IslanderWags, I'm with you on this one! I'll be there for a week beginning March 11 so the walls will be there and it will be a bit disappointing for me too.

I'm hoping construction ends ahead of schedule, but thats just me thinking positive. I'm prepared to deal with any glitches and am excited to visit no matter what.

My biggest hope is that the crowds won't be too bad.

I think for those who live close to DLR and visit often its no big deal. But for us who live far away and don't get to visit a lot, it matters more.

Grace
    Atleast one person is on the same boat as me haha....

I read on another forum that the new parade will begin around March 27th and that the parade 'crew' will need an adequate time to practice in the actual park (I'm assuming during night hours). Hopefully by the time we roll in the major strips will be done and only a few patches will be left. By the looks of it, they have been moving the process along pretty quickly....

IslanderWags

• I'm not really here

We live far away and only get to go 1 time every 18months. Last year when we were there, there were quite a few construction walls up, around several whole buildings. Honestly, you really don't notice them that much unless you are TRYING to see them. I promise, they aren't that obtrusive and Disney does a good job of blending them into an area.

How the walls affect you is up to you and not dependent on the park. If you go into the park with the mindset that you will be upset if they are there, then you will be upset if they are there. Alternatively, you could go in with the mindset that you are going to have a great trip, get to ride on some of the most amazing rides ever created, see a gorgeous fairy tale castle and interact with characters... then you will barely notice the walls and you will have a great trip.

I really am not trying to be rude, or say anything about you... but how your trip ends up being, is very largely in your hands.

I hope you have a wonderful time at Disneyland, and welcome to the MiceChat family.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    We live far away and only get to go 1 time every 18months. Last year when we were there, there were quite a few construction walls up, around several whole buildings. Honestly, you really don't notice them that much unless you are TRYING to see them. I promise, they aren't that obtrusive and Disney does a good job of blending them into an area.

How the walls affect you is up to you and not dependent on the park. If you go into the park with the mindset that you will be upset if they are there, then you will be upset if they are there. Alternatively, you could go in with the mindset that you are going to have a great trip, get to ride on some of the most amazing rides ever created, see a gorgeous fairy tale castle and interact with characters... then you will barely notice the walls and you will have a great trip.

I really am not trying to be rude, or say anything about you... but how your trip ends up being, is very largely in your hands.

I hope you have a wonderful time at Disneyland, and welcome to the MiceChat family.

I agree. If you go in expecting to be disappointed, you will find something to be disappointed about.

It will be a minor glitch is all. When you walk through the turnstile and around the train station, that moment of excitement and anticipation is overwhelming and is what gets you in the disney adventure mode!

Grace

• Senior Minion

It's something you have to deal with but really no big deal. You either come in the Summer when everything is open but the park is packed or the off season when you have to deal with some construction and closures.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    It's something you have to deal with but really no big deal. You either come in the Summer when everything is open but the park is packed or the off season when you have to deal with some construction and closures.

Very good point! I prefer less packed!

Grace

• Disney is home

Everything needs to be either fixed up or replaced completely at some point. Would you prefer them close the park all together till the work is completely done, have no walls but watch current machine work re-pave the streets or go with the current walls? It's all preference and Point of View I guess. In a perfect world, we would need none of those choices and the streets would never need to be repaved.

The new parade will only need a few days before it's opening to do street rehearsals. So I'd expect the walls down around the 21st.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by IslanderWags View Post
    As goofy as it sounds, seeing all those teal construction walls would just ruin the magic for me when I walk in....
    If so, then don't even think about going to Paradise Pier. You might suffer from anti-magic syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    The new parade will only need a few days before it's opening to do street rehearsals. So I'd expect the walls down around the 21st.

They have already started doing rehearsals on Main Street...but I guess more closer to the hub....

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    They have already started doing rehearsals on Main Street...but I guess more closer to the hub....
    That's strange since my friends who are in Celebrate are all having there first rehearsal today. They are just starting off with there cast meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    If so, then don't even think about going to Paradise Pier. You might suffer from anti-magic syndrome.
    Don't think I haven't thought about that too...I just know I'll be spending ALOT more time in DL compared to DCA....

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    That's strange since my friends who are in Celebrate are all having there first rehearsal today. They are just starting off with there cast meeting.

Sorry, was just going by the CM Reference Guide for this info...said rehearsals started on the 16th and were all last week on the parade route...and there are rehearsals scheduled for this week too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast