Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Food and Wine Festival at Disney's California Adventure - April 24 through June 7

The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates and schedule of events for this year's Food and Wine Festival at Disney's California Adventure. As has become MiceChat Tradition, we'll pick a few of these events to attend as a group. Please watch the Meets and Events section for more information.

The Food and Wine Festival is a highlight of our year and always well produced by Disney.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXeRMM-5ApQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL[/ame]
    Would you like to join the MiceChatters for one of the Festival Wine Receptions? We have just posted an event for the evening of May 16th - Here's the link: http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...-may-16th.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...-9vDTUFM&eurl=

Here is the official information from Disney:

Disney’s California Food and Wine Festival Celebrates Flavors of the World in 2009

Tickets for Premier Events Go On Sale Beginning Feb. 24;

Hundreds of Culinary and Tasting Experiences Are Complimentary

ANAHEIM, Calif., February 19, 2009 — Disney's California Food and Wine Festival will celebrate the international cultures, people, food and traditions that have made California one of the most diverse culinary destinations in the world. With a theme of “World Celebration,” the Festival expands to six weeks in 2009 – April 24 through June 7 – featuring daily complimentary demonstrations and premier ticketed events at Disney’s California Adventure park and throughout the Resort.

Tickets for the premier events - which include unique opportunities to go “Behind the Scenes With …” celebrity chefs and winemakers - go on sale beginning Tuesday, Feb. 24, at Disneyland Resort - Food And Wine Festival Web Site

More than 600 complimentary experiences will be available at the fourth annual Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival, including culinary demonstrations, children’s programs and wine and spirits seminars. In addition, food and wine aficionados will get tips from Disneyland Resort chefs, mingle with noted winemakers and celebrate at the spectacular ticketed events, including the gala Festival finale “Taste Food-Wine-Life.”

“The 2009 Disney’s California Food and Wine Festival will take guests on a delicious journey around the globe,” said Gary Maggetti, director of food and beverage for Disneyland Resort theme parks. “We invite guests to celebrate their favorite foods and wines with our great variety of events, and to explore new tastes and flavors with our outstanding chefs and wine experts.”

Food & Wine Festival events held in Disney's California Adventure require park admission, which is not included in the event price. Some events may require an additional fee and pre-registration.

Featured celebrity chefs, including Guy Fieri of the Food Network, along with nearly 100 Disneyland Resort chefs will conduct cooking demonstrations that showcase their talents and an international mix of delectable dishes. Guests will collect cooking tips while they watch the pros in action, discovering new twists on timeless classics and sampling the festival cuisine. Guests will also taste delicious festival-inspired dishes at the Wine Country Trattoria, Pacific Wharf Café, Farmer’s Market and other eateries inside Disney’s California Adventure park.

New Events for 2009
    Guests will enjoy several new signature events this year.

Behind the Scenes With… – Unique opportunities to share food, wine and conversation with cooking personalities from popular television programs and celebrity winemakers. The stars include Guy Fieri (“Guy’s Big Bite”), Keegan Geerhard (“Food Network Challenge), Tommy Lasorda (Lasorda Wines), and John and Nancy Lasseter (Lasseter Family Winery). The evenings begin with tasty appetizers and exquisite wines, followed by question-and-answer sessions hosted by Chef Jamie Gwen.
    Sweet Sundays – The sweetest of all events features a light buffet breakfast and sparkling wine at the Golden Vine Winery at Disney’s California Adventure. Guests will see demonstrations and taste three signature desserts created by acclaimed pastry chefs, including chefs from Sweet Cheeks Baking Co. in San Diego and Cake Monkey Bakery in Los Angeles.
    Festival Wine Walks - Guests will explore wines of the world, or a single region, when they purchase a tasting passport and select up to four tastes of spectacular wines. A tasting tour that features craft brews will also be available. Delicious wine country tapas that complement the beer and wine will be available at The Lounge at the Golden Vine Winery.
    World Celebration Dinners – Disneyland Resort chefs will create an elegant menu that blends the food, wine and celebrations of regions around the world. France, Japan, Korea, Italy and Spain will be featured.
    • Master Sommelier Michael Jordan, of the award-winning Napa Rose restaurant, will add a new class to his “Introduction to Wine Tasting.” The “Advanced Wine Class” includes three two-hour sessions that take guests to the next level in their knowledge of wine regions, varietals, growing and harvesting style. Both entertaining classes will offer training as well as a blind tasting to test the participants’ skills.

Popular Returning Events
    Events returning for 2009 feature Disneyland Resort chefs and premier winemakers.

Winemaker Dinners - Disneyland Resort chefs will partner with premier California winemakers to prepare outstanding culinary delights at six exclusive “Winemaker Dinners,” on selected Friday nights. Each Festival meal will be paired with award-winning vintages and served at Steakhouse 55, inside the Disneyland Hotel.
    Napa Rose Cooking School - Disney Executive Chef Andrew Sutton will once again lead this hands-on course that sells out quickly. Each class will create and enjoy a themed meal paired with wines and each class member will go home with an official chef’s coat to commemorate the experience. This amazing opportunity takes place in the show kitchen of the renowned Napa Rose restaurant at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Guests must be at least 18 years of age and advance reservations are required.
    Festival Wine Receptions – Guests will have an opportunity to enjoy a beautiful sunset and weekend evening under the stars, on the patio of the Golden Vine Winery inside Disney’s California Adventure park. While sampling from a variety of selected wines and enjoying hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, guests will meet fellow wine enthusiasts, make new friends and discover new favorite wines.

For more details and pricing information, visitwww.disneyland.com/foodandwine

UPDATED April 28th - D23 has posted interviews and information regarding this year's Food and Wine Festival: D23 | Disney.com

Now that the festival is open, let us hear your thoughts on the event, what to do, misses, and tips.

-Dusty

Re: Food and Wine Festival at Disney's California Adventure - April 24 through June 7

nice! maybe since its around the world this year it will be similar to epcots. That is what I liked about epcots and that you got to try food from different areas of the world and thought that the California food and wine weekends lack that cultaralness.

Re: Food and Wine Festival at Disney's California Adventure - April 24 through June 7

The Napa Rose Cooking School price is listed as $450 plus tax, gratuity included. My calculations show that the total will now be $489.37 for this class. Last year it was $400 total. In 2007 it was $350 total. With inflation in 2008 less than 1% this is a ridiculous price hike of 22% during a terrible economy.
    Last edited by disney_leonard; 02-23-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• Goofy

how much are the tickets?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    how much are the tickets?
    It depends on which event you want to go to. The least expensive is $55, and it goes up from there. Plus, if you don't have a premium pass, and the event you want to go to is on a block out date you have to add another $40 for the block out pass.

If you want a detailed run down of events and prices, check out the website at the link in Dusty's post.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Damn, wish I wasn't so poor right now....I'd love to do at least one of those events, as I said last year..."maybe next year".
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Circle of Ancients

I can't believe how much the prices have gone up since last year.

I don't think we'll be doing anything this year.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Well, at least the receptions are only up $10 this year. But with Taste going up $25 this year after $25 last year I think they've priced themselves out of my ballpark.
    Mike

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Quote Originally Posted by disney_leonard View Post
    The Napa Rose Cooking School price is listed as $450 plus tax, gratuity included. My calculations show that the total will now be $489.37 for this class. Last year it was $400 total. In 2007 it was $350 total. With inflation in 2008 less than 1% this is a ridiculous price hike of 22% during a terrible economy.
    I agree with you but within 5 mins. the class on May 2nd. was sold-out!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

are there any free events?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Sure, wine and beer tastings & cooking demonstrations.
    Mike

• 2nd star to the right...

I can't WAIT to check some of the special events out... just will have to see where the budget falls. (sigh)
    - J. Darling
    Singer, songwriter, paper pusher, boxer owner, student, and all around Disney fanatic.
    Loving my Disneyland Annual Pass!
    Next trip to WDW: 12/1-12/6/09!
    Next trip to DLR: This week!
    See ya in the parks!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

It's too bad they don't let you drink straight from the bottle.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• The one, the only...

I am glad that Disney is finally celebrating the diverse cuisines of California. I have argued for years that Food and Wine should be ethnically diverse because California is ethnically diverse. It just makes sense. Also Californians are far more likely to enjoy very exotic foods compared to Floridians. This is a good move. My only suggestion is to add the culture and costumes of all these people groups and you will have a real international festival.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Is there somewhere to get a day by day calendar?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-09-2009, 03:50 PM