Is the 2fer included in the free BD promo?

i had read somewhere that if your birthday lands between the 2fre promo you also get the other park free. is this true? i just called disney and they told me no that i would have to buy a separate ticket but i want to hear from you guys. anyone gone to disney so far with the bd promo and gotten the 2fre promo also? please help!!!!

Re: Is the 2fer included in the free BD promo?

Yes, but it's not by default.
    Last time I was at a ticket booth they asked if we wanted to upgrade (for free) to the 2fer.

• That's a lot of look.

If you're a So Cal resident and you're not offered the 2Fer in exchange for your birthday ticket, just let the CM you'd like to make the switch.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

It's technically called a "Birthday 2fer"
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• When Will It Return?

It's a free upgrade upon proof of residency, but it's an upgrade. Like any other upgrade, it must be requested by the guest. By default, it does not come with the free birthday admission.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Why is everything for So. Cal? How come they don't offer the specials/discounts to Nor Cal residents? I'm sure I would be there as much as some So Cal residents.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    Why is everything for So. Cal? How come they don't offer the specials/discounts to Nor Cal residents? I'm sure I would be there as much as some So Cal residents.
    that alway "get's my goat" too. I'm from East California (arizona)

I call it geographical discrimination.

maybe its time that people from northern California start writing to Burbank as start giving suggestions for northern Cal park offers. Who knows maybe if they see that enough people are interested and that their hotels and stores might benefit they might even consider it

• When Will It Return?

Probably for the same reason WDW discounts are not offered to residents of Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc. They have to draw the line somewhere. The discounts are intended for local residents. NorCal is 420some odd miles away from the SF Bay/Sacto areas. That's not exactly what I'd call local. A 200ish mile radius is more reasonable, and that's about what there is if I've got the zip code locations correct.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

thank you all for the reply. i have another question to this if it does include the 2fre do i have to use it that same day?

• Imagineer In Training

80.7 miles from the happiest place on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by munchiegurl View Post
    thank you all for the reply. i have another question to this if it does include the 2fre do i have to use it that same day?
    If my understanding of the 2Fer is correct, then you CAN'T use it on the same day...
    From Disneyland.com:
    Admission valid for one day at Disneyland® park and another day at Disney's California Adventure® park, but not for both parks on the same day. Tickets are valid 30 days from first use. First use must occur between 01/06/09 through 06/03/09. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use.
    So you can use it within a month at whatever park you didn't go to on your birthday.

• Hidden Mickey

Another question that is related that I have is, if you get this 2fer ticket for your birthday being a So Cal Resident, and you use the 2nd day on a different day because you are required too, on that 2nd day you return to use your 2fer can you upgrade it to an annual pass still? Just wondering because then you would technically start your annual pass expiration date on that 2nd date you go in. Right??? Does that make sense, does anyone have an answer. Thanks.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by OCman View Post
    Another question that is related that I have is, if you get this 2fer ticket for your birthday being a So Cal Resident, and you use the 2nd day on a different day because you are required too, on that 2nd day you return to use your 2fer can you upgrade it to an annual pass still? Just wondering because then you would technically start your annual pass expiration date on that 2nd date you go in. Right??? Does that make sense, does anyone have an answer. Thanks.

You can use the "birthday 2fer" to upgrade to an annual pass on your 2nd visit. We actually give you the value of the ticket ($69) towards the AP. BUT... the annual pass gets BACKDATED to the 1st day you used the ticket, in other words, your birthday...

It works this way for ANY multiple day tickets that are upgraded to annual passes. The pass is supposed to be started on the FIRST day of use of the ticket.

• Hidden Mickey

That makes sense, thank you for the information.