Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Northwest Disneyphile

How Much for Food?

Howdy,
    I'm a rabid Disneyland fan who unfortunately lives about 1000 miles away from the happiest place on earth. I'm beginning to budget for my next trip and I have a question. About how much should I budget for food? If you can give my any estimates it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• DL Nerd

Re: How Much for Food?

Dude there is not enough Info in your post.

How many days?

Does your hotel have breakfast?

What style of eating do you want from DLR?

Is it just you, or is there family?
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

there are menus showing prices at this site
    Disneyland Resort Menus

hope that helps.

• Done with MC.

If your staying at one of the local non-Disney hotels, many have fee continental breakfast's and that can save a lot of $.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Our hotel didn't have breakfast for free, so most days we grabbed coffee/pastry from La Brea or the Blue Ribbon. One day we had a longer breakfast w/a friend and once at Whitewater. It was about $15 each time for 2 people and 2 drinks. But if you want to save monry, bring a box of granola bars with you.

Lunch can be a few bucks from a cart or about $30 at Cafe Orleans (we split a Monts Cristo and pomme frites and each bought a drink). I'd say lunch and dinner ran about $20 to $25. It really depends on where you go and how much you eat.

We also brought our own water so we didn't buy any, and we also bought rice krispie treats, etc. to eat at night when we'd get hungry.

These prices are off the top of my head, but I did try to save every receipt to see how much we saved with our AP. I can get more exact prices.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Sock Puppet

To answer your question...

We budget $200. per day for food.

And this little tidbit of info is about as much help to you as I can get (which isn't much) with the information (or lack thereof) that you provided.

Your best bet is to peruse the website that was posted re: the restaurants at DL and go from there.

Breakfasts that are included at the various local hotels can vary greatly from stale pastries to full-blown, fresh hot meals like at the Residence Inn in Garden Grove.

Bon Apetite!

• Animator in Training!

Well if your me, you eat your way through the parks haha! So I usually bring about 300 to 400 for about 5 days in the park....and that's including dinner which my parent's usually pay for
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."-Walt Disney

May I know how many days you're planning to stay there?...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Circle of Ancients

As Junthor said, it really depends on what your needs are:

How many people in your party.
    How many days are you going to be at the resort.
    Are you okay with counter-service or do you want to do sit-down meals each day.

• Northwest Disneyphile

I guess I was thinking per person, per day. There will be just two adults and i believe we will be staying at the grand Californian. The number of days has not been decided yet, so i can't answer that one. In the past the way we usually go about it is one table service and two counter service restaurants a day plus a snack from one of those ever present out door vending carts. This question is some what embarrassing since this is not the first time I'v had to budget for food but I can not for the life of me remember that number; nor can I find my receipts showing what i actually spent. DisneyFan28, thanks for posting that link.

P.S.
    Sorry for the lack of information in my first post. Thats what happens when you ask a question at three in the morning.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    there are menus showing prices at this site
    Disneyland Resort Menus

hope that helps.
    That site is so awesome. That helps me. Thanks!
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Rock Star Minion

You can spend a lot more money on food if you stayed somewhere other than the GC.
    $50-60/day/person. You can get away with a lot less.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Charmander!

If your are fine with pizza, burgers, and mexican food, you can get away with $10-15 per person per meal. The nicer places will cost you around $20 per person per meal. Blue bayou will put you over $50/person. Just depends on where you eat. I almost always just get water with my meals, as a day at the park uses a lot of energy and its easy to get dehydrated on a warm day...plus it saves a few bucks.
    If you under-estimate your eating habits and run out of cash, theres a McDonalds across the street from the park on harbor blvd :P

• Special Agent

I would say for meals inside the park, to budget about 20 dollars per person per meal. Most of the entrees at the park are between 10 and 15 dollars with another 3 dollars for a drink.

Of course if you end up going to Blue Bayou the prices may be higher, and if you grab a burger at Tomorrowland Terrace it's going to be cheaper.

And don't forget to budget some money for some churros and pretzels.

We are using AAA and got the meal plan for 4 days (going for 5-6). We leave in 10 days or so. I think it will work for us-already in the budget. We are staying at the GCH, too and I can't wait to stay there. I think last time we went we spent $800 total, including gifts. But we had my mom w/ and she bought lots of food. Yay! I can report back when we get back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast