Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Gepetto 2

Swiss Faily tree House was filled with ingenuity and was always fun to see the adaptions for tree top living.

Tarzan's Tree House was worthy of ONE initial visit and a large ho-hum.

Unfortunately it IS too much to ask Matt to give us back our beloved attraction...but if I had a last wish...

I see the 'old' treehouse every day...my Wife bought me the limited edition (framed with an actual Leaf) design print. 150 were sold of this wonderful design concept.

Yeah...I miss it.

Doug
    http://SpookyBook.com
    'Scary Dark Rides' Now in Hard & Soft Cover!
    The ONLY Dark Ride Book.

• Space Mountain Expert

WOW.... once again I'm in the minority here. But maybe that's because I love Tarzan as a movie!
    I'm a fan of the re-vamped Treehouse and I go up there everytime I'm in the park. (5-10 times a year)
    Sorry to all you die-hard Swiss Familiers. No offense meant, I just like the Tarzan version better!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• now on the mainland

I remember seeing the Swiss Family Robinson House being rebuilt...I was in complete shock when I found out that Tarzan would be replacing it. How could they take a tried and true family classic and switch it to an animated movie that had moderate success and felt more like a 90 minute Phil Collins music video?!? Perhaps we should file a lawsuit against Eisner, Pressler and Harris for so much emotional distress!

• Minion

I'm still terribly upset about this. Swiss Family Robinson has always been one of my favorite films, and the attraction was one of my very favorites - - I loved to go up and do a few polka steps to Swisskapolka and look at the ingenious touches - - the water delivery system, the sunroof, all of the cool ideas of that most brilliant swiss family (and Walt himself). I was transported to the tropics. Now its a bunch of stale DisneyStore dummys.

It was painful to lose this - and Tahitain Terrace - and Skyway - - all among my most cherished Dl rituals - - all in a few years time.

Please restore this attraction, Cast Member Matt!

• Social Imagineer

Well, I guess the fact that I NEVER go up into the Treehouse anymore is testament enough to how horrible the transformation was to me. As was mentioned before, the water system removal and the plastic animals are terrible changes. No one has mentioned though, that you cannot simply reverse the guest travel direction and have things be all honky dory ... as if the Imagineers didn't do any designing as to how the damn thing should be seen.

(Same is true of the guest-travel direction reversal for Injun Joe's Cave on Tom Sawyer Island. It's like walking through an attraction backwards and seeing all the lights and support structure for the sets. Stupid. Dumb. Unforgivable.)

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I'm with most of you people, I miss the Swiss Family version. I especially miss the polka music! That was always the one thing I noticed in Adventureland the most. Whenever I hear polka music (ok, granted that's hardly ever), it always reminds me of Adventureland and the Swiss Family treehouse. I've visited the Tarzan version once, I was very underwhelmed and haven't been back since! What a shame .

• /sigh

I hardly remember the Swiss version...never went up that often...but if now I get to run into scantily clad Tarzan...than climbing up the tree I go!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Fallapart in my Backyard

Loved the swiss version and the music and watermill. I wish they never changed it to Tarzan. I have seen it once as Tarzan and will never again, to disgusted...

• Tour Ship Pilot

I must be in the minority as well,I was sad when I first saw the change but have come to appreciate it. Alot of people complain about the "plastic" animals but the Leopard and Jane drawing are nice additions to the overall theme. My two sons had the bejebus scared out of them when the leopard growled and were fascinated by the "Magic" drawings that Jane did of Tarzan. Granted , the loss of the water system was sad indeed-it was fascinating when I first saw it and traced it's coarse down through all the bamboo troughs.The addition of more things that kids can lay hands on and play with in the wrecking the camp scene at the bottom make up for it. Sounds like some people are stuck in a nostalgia mode where nothing can change,throw in a new idea and build upon it and people get upset. Alot of the "improvments" over the past few years have been sour cheapened down lame ideas (read as Pooh ride for Country Bears in my case) but this isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RX-24
    I must be in the minority as well,I was sad when I first saw the change but have come to appreciate it. Alot of people complain about the "plastic" animals but the Leopard and Jane drawing are nice additions to the overall theme. My two sons had the bejebus scared out of them when the leopard growled and were fascinated by the "Magic" drawings that Jane did of Tarzan. Granted , the loss of the water system was sad indeed-it was fascinating when I first saw it and traced it's coarse down through all the bamboo troughs.The addition of more things that kids can lay hands on and play with in the wrecking the camp scene at the bottom make up for it. Sounds like some people are stuck in a nostalgia mode where nothing can change,throw in a new idea and build upon it and people get upset. Alot of the "improvments" over the past few years have been sour cheapened down lame ideas (read as Pooh ride for Country Bears in my case) but this isn't one of them.
    heeeyy

if you read what I would do I'm basicaly recommending to bring back the strong points of the Robinson Treehouse while keeping what worked with Tarzan and enhancing it at some points :P

• Tour Ship Pilot

Wasnt bashing what you said,those are nice ideas.Just commenting on the majority of remarks that were made against the newer attraction
    REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Yes I miss the old treehouse. I also truly and deeply miss the Country bear Jamboree just as much as the Swiss Faimly Robinsons. :Sigh:

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by Raysir X
    Yes I miss the old treehouse. I also truly and deeply miss the Country bear Jamboree just as much as the Swiss Faimly Robinsons. :Sigh:
    Two attractions I loved as a kid. I really miss both of them...especially the moose in Country Bears. I don't know why I loved that talking moose head so much.
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• Magical Memories fanzine

Aside from the removing of the water wheel, which was quite stupid, I really despise how they reversed the order of the attraction; you need to enter up the steep steps that were originally the exit, and exit down the easy multi platform stages that were the entrance. There is a reason it was made the way it was originally for crying out loud: it is harder to climb up than down, and the original entrance climb was purposely in stages with benches so you could rest before you reached the top. This made it easier for people like me and my mother; I have athsma and she has a heart condition. Neither of us had any problems climbing it before they changed it, but now its just terrible. Now not only do you have a very steep incline upwards, but there is no time or place to rest anywhere on the way up; its one straight shot with people constantly pushing behind you because its such a narrow staircase. The original climbing entrance you will note that the platforms are quite wide and can accomidate groups of people going off to the side while others continue to climb.

With how they reversed the order for the current tarzan version, I had a extreme athsma attack and got so dizzy I almost fell over climbing that thing, and my mom had heart palipatations when she never once did before in the original version. The original version was an enjoyable climb for people of all ages, the new one only a sugarized kid could enjoy the climb up.

And the waterwheel was more than just decoration; the slight breeze it made from the falling water helped cool you off as you climbed, sort of like a giant outdoor air conditioner. And psychologically with water nearby the climb didnt feel as exhausting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast