Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone miss the Swiss Family TreeHouse?

Love and Miss the Swiss..... Tarzan can go.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Do they still have it in WDW?
    Yes... unfortunately! I really hate this attraction, although my hubby loves it. Go figure. (He also likes those damnable little tikis too)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Do they still have it in WDW?
    Yes... unfortunately! I really hate this attraction, although my hubby loves it. Go figure. (He also likes those damnable little tikis too)

Didn't see this the first time 'round.

Love and miss the Swiss Family.

Hate Tarzan- it can all go. Stupid plastic figures, no storyline to explain why Tarzan knew how to build a house (why he would build a house at all, apes just live in trees, don't build houses), why he would use pots and pans, etc. It's just stupid.

Bring back the Swiss Family!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yeah I'm not a fan of fake plastic charecters in the parks (except teh Donald fishing in CMM in AK...thats cool) so the treehouse loosing the cool classic theme and adding fake plastic charecters didnt make me a fan.

• Animatronic

I must admit that I loved not having the tree get in my way like it does now. I loved looking up at the water system and for a moment, wondering what it would be like to be away from civilization. I even loved climbing the tree as you gained altitude so nicely it was almost without effort. I loved that the tree seemed bigger when you were in it and you could, after a bit, find the physical source of the music. I believe it was one of the new audio weenies in the park.

• Practically Perfect

this might be just saying everything you all said again, but I'm a little torn. I agree the the cheesy plastic statues kinda get in the way for me. I LOVE Tarzan as a movie but they could have done the tree house so much better than they did! I never got to see the Swiss House in DL, but I did see the WDW one and I liked it a LOT better than the Tarzan one. The attmept to "Trash the Camp" at the end is a let down too. In the end I say keep the Tarzan tree house, but re-do it so that it exhibits it full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    Stupid plastic figures, no storyline to explain why Tarzan knew how to build a house (why he would build a house at all, apes just live in trees, don't build houses), why he would use pots and pans, etc. It's just stupid.
    The parents built the house, and this plot point is conveyed by the shipwreck and the crying baby left orphaned by Sabor.

Disneyland is a literal fiction, though, so all of its characters must be made to appear convincing and believable. Mannequins are not appropriate.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-09-2006 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    The parents built the house, and I think that this plot point is conveyed by the obvious shipwreck and the crying baby left orphaned by Sabor.

Disneyland is a literal fiction, so characters must be made to appear convincing.
    That's what I'm saying, that it's not convincing in any fashion. I see the shipwreck, and though it's been a while since I've dealt with Tarzan as a character, I thought the parents died in the shipwreck. This leaves a baby, with no sense of civilization or houses or any of the fun toys we have. Even if like you say, the parents built the house, the baby wouldn't live in it.

I don't like it, I don't buy the storyline, and I want the Swiss Family tree house back.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    That's what I'm saying, that it's not convincing in any fashion. I see the shipwreck, and though it's been a while since I've dealt with Tarzan as a character, I thought the parents died in the shipwreck. This leaves a baby, with no sense of civilization or houses or any of the fun toys we have. Even if like you say, the parents built the house, the baby wouldn't live in it.

I don't like it, I don't buy the storyline, and I want the Swiss Family tree house back.
    the parants built the house get killed then the mother ape finds tarzan and raises him

if it helps I don't think the house was ever seen again until they created the animated series in which Tarzan and Jane took up residence in the treehouse

When Tarzan's Treehouse was first opened, the effect worked a little better since there was a character interaction available in the base camp.

In effect, the treehouse served as a queue for the character interaction.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345