Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Santa Barbara, CA

Anyone miss the Swiss Family TreeHouse?

I still have that Organ music drilled into my head. The Swisska Polka. That Treehouse was truly exotic to me and i dreamed of getting top stay there overnight, even though the beds were "scaled down". A full on Martini Bar up there with a bamboo themed Tivo and a wireless Mac. I'm good to go. The Swiss Fondue Jacuzzi among the Soul kitchen and all the plastic fruit on would be great for entertaining. Anyone else miss the ol' dump? I sure do.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Zapp's Minion :D

Do they still have it in WDW?

• Santa Barbara, CA

Yes and in Paris and TDL..unless they Tarzaned it.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 08:08 PM.

I can watch it anytime I want on Swiss Family Robinson Dvd, in the Bonus features..

Walt gives the whole Mill's family a tour of it.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Walt gives the whole Mill's family a tour of it.

That whole hayley thing rocks. the bracelet. Walt looks like a goon running around there. funny stuff. I love that. real world meets hayley mills.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

He seems so happy!!

I barley rememeber it. I saw it once way back in 1990. 12 years later Tarzan Tree house. Why did they take it out? Tarzan didn't even live in a treehouse that long.
    Last edited by Malibu Minion; 02-23-2005 at 12:39 AM.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Someone at WDI wanted to use the maintenence money (leaf replacement) and some marketing capital to redo the Treehouse as Tarzan instead of the traditional theme, thinking that it would be better synergy and more fun for the guests.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

ooooh Tarzan lives there in the short lived cartoon series, running at a good 30something episodes that cartoon gets repetitive fast (but since most Disney cartoons only reach 65episodes before cancelation thanks to that awsome rule that makes all Disney cartoons very repetitive very quickly, Power Rangers is exempt from the rule thanks to it using mostly footage from a japanese show and the fact that it has a different name every season)

anywho, what annoys me the most about the Tarzan treehouse is those dumb plastic characters, makes it seem to cheep and cartoony especialy for the amount of realisum that Adventureland displays

I also really miss that cool water system that you could watch move around the treehouse that was awsome

I already posted my fix solution for this on the what would you add to a land thread but I'll post the basic outline again

Remove all the plastic characters from the ride, replace the jaguar with a real animatronic one that's sleeping and occasionaly wakes up and growls or yawns at the guests, maybe even sometimes startling them with a roar

Add back that neat watering system

Add some animatronic birds to the tree that hum songs from the different adventureland attractions, basicaly brief intervals of stuff like the tiki room song, whistling Indy, or even a few songs from Alladin and maybe even a bird that's a bit further out looking towads New Orleans that occasionaly breaks the trend and says "a pirates life for me" and "dead men tell no tales"

Leave a tarzan meet and greet at the bottum and perserve all of the interactive elements (which are mostly all down there) basicaly the whole base camp can stay if Disney must have characters around (and the interactive stuff is neat for kids)

at this point the theme is pretty neutral between the former and the present attractions so I'd give it the name "Adventureland Treehouse" and leave it at that

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

We still have ours at WDW so I am happy!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Capt. Spanky

Tarzan's treelump

Good God, yes. Tarzan's Treehouse is a perfect example of, if it aint broke don't fix it! Everytime I went to DL pre Tarzan's messhouse, I had to go to the Swissfamily treehouse...now....Forget it...It feels like one of those crappy Imaginarium exhibits that the first day it was open was kinda cool...but now feels and smells cheap. In another words* I hate it!

(in another words , is a phrase from that other great Cartoon hero Strongbad.)

My dad always said that the Swiss Family Treehouse was his favorite attraction in the park (I doubt that, of course, but it's what he always said) Needless to say, he was not too happy to see it go. Nor was I.

• e komo mai

I agree about the plastic Disney Store characters they have in the treehouse. Would it have killed them to put in one first class AA of the jaguar, Tarzan or Jane? At least that would be one reason to climb the tree. They should consider that, it would get a lot of people to go see it. (They did it for the Mark Twain/Columbia with the storytelling Native American.)

• Baybeh!

Yes!!!!!

• Fortune Red Says....

I was very disappointed when they changed it.. Its a good example of how money hungry corporate can be, changing it just so they could tie it in with that horribly made cartoon. It really is to bad because that was a great walk through ride that had a good view and nice music that went along with it! I wish they would just return it back.. why did they have to change ours and leave the WDW and all the others the same???

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast