Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Wink It's Summer 2012 in DCA...What Atraction

will you go into first at DCA Stating all goes well and everything get's done which I think it will?

• =)

Re: It's Summer 2012 in DCA...What Atraction

I'm not sure...how about you, DCAfanatic?

• Banned User

Yes for once I want to hear your thoughts...

• Banned User

I wouldn't set foot in DCA in the summer of 2012. The wait times for TLM and RSR will be horrific. In fact, I've sworn off going to theme parks during summer ever again.

I definitely intend to go during the off-season. It's going to be an exciting time at DLR -- finally some new E Tickets!

The Little Mermaid attraction is the one I'm most excited about. So yeah that one.

• I'm not really here

Little Mermaid for me as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I want to ride the one with all the funny celebrities...with the giant heads....and the scary Joan Rivers puppet....oh, wait.

Little Mermaid I suppose, though I'm not attached to the movie really at all....if the tech is good and special effects, plus hopefully giant monster Ursula, I'll be pleased.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Little Mermaid I suppose, though I'm not attached to the movie really at all....if the tech is good and special effects, plus hopefully giant monster Ursula, I'll be pleased.
    That's why I want to see it... I want to see animatronic underwater hair. That is going to be one heck of a trick!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Hard to say whether RSR or TLM will be more entertaining for me. My gut says RSR, due to the killer combo of thrills and gorgeous, immersive scenery. I'm a sucker for having a moderate amount of adrenaline pumped through my system while I'm surrounded by a convincing and interesting artificial environment. But if TLM is truly on the same level of quality as Pirates or HM, it might win me over. Both concepts are quite solid (and quite inappropriate to DCA), so it's probably gonna come down to the quality of the execution.

Honestly, it'll probably be a while before I experience these, though. Even at that point, DCA won't have all that much to do in it, though it'll certainly be more entertaining than it currently is. I'll probably hold off on spending money on admission for another year or so after it's all open, and then I'll try to hit it during the off-season. Mid-ish-early December FTW...

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

i'm going to definetly go...i want to see if the wait was worth it..and i cannot wait for cars land..i want to get on lugi's tires
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Can't wait for little mermaid!
    "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
    made of hopes and childhood fantasies
    A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
    A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
    Young at Heart"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Hard to say whether RSR or TLM will be more entertaining for me. My gut says RSR, due to the killer combo of thrills and gorgeous, immersive scenery. I'm a sucker for having a moderate amount of adrenaline pumped through my system while I'm surrounded by a convincing and interesting artificial environment. But if TLM is truly on the same level of quality as Pirates or HM, it might win me over. Both concepts are quite solid (and quite inappropriate to DCA), so it's probably gonna come down to the quality of the execution.
    Now, for me...RSR could win me over, with detail, and being immersive..but personally, spending time in a basic car fast ride with the Cars characters does nothing for me. Does DCA need a big E-ticket? Absolutely. Is the scale and detail that it seems like this will get good? Of course. That being said...it's characters I don't care about seeing in the theme park that the whole thing is contigent on. Little Mermaid, I connect with slightly more, even if I'm not crazy about anyway...but a detailed, special-effects laden classic dark ride like the ones in Disneyland wins out for me over sticking a ride in as a excuse for the characters it features, no matter how advanced or detailed the ride is. I will wait and see though...I could totally be blown away by it. But the concept at least leaves me cold on the Racers.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    That's why I want to see it... I want to see animatronic underwater hair. That is going to be one heck of a trick!
    Absolutely, that would be awesome. I have high hopes for the effects and AA's inside this attraction.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I'll be saving my spot for World of Color.

Haha... likely it will be similar to Fantasmic! where you must get a spot pretty early. Considering this is a new show and it's summer, I expect a lot of spectators for it.

Is it known what kind of ride system the Little Mermaid is going to be? Flume? Omnimover?, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast