Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Parking at Disneyland - Using Buzz Lightyear Parking and Cast Overflow [3-1-2009]

Hi All!

The Convention Center has made parking crazy at Disneyland tonight. They are charging still, but Mickey and Friends, Timon, and Pumbaa are FULL. They are parking at Buzz AND the Overflow Cast lot.

Lines for busses are long, and pokey.

-Monorail Man

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Parking Crazy at Disneyland - Using Buzz Lightyear Parking and Cast Overflow

yeah, one of my friends was heading to the parks this afternoon and gave up and went home after waiting to park for almost an hour
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Banned User

Re: Parking Crazy at Disneyland - Using Buzz Lightyear Parking and Cast Overflow

We were there today to go to Downtown Disney. When we arrived at 2:30 the parking structure was closed. Parking at Downtown Disney was terrible! The first lot was full and they were parking people in the lot to the right. When we left at around 4:15 the Downtown Disney lot was full too and people were just driving around in circles waiting for people to pull out. At the toll booth they weren't even charging for the parking, the gates were just open for people to drive out.

i was gonna go today and as soon as i saw the parking structure was full, i turn my car around with shattered dreams in my head lol.
    nah but it was pretty crazy. all i know that something about cheerleaders at the park today was a big magnet for people

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by salasavandy View Post
    all i know that something about cheerleaders at the park today was a big magnet for people

Aren't they always?

• Banned User

This is what parking was like in Downtown Disney when we left. The lot was so full that they had started to park cars on the entrance road just past the ticket booth. (Sorry, not a very good pictures, just for illustration purposes). We had really been thinking of re-upping our annual passes but if the park is going to be crazy busy all of the time, we might not.

In addition to the cheerleading thing, there was also a Religious Conference at the convention center this weekend.

• Done waiting!!

Quote Originally Posted by bayougirl89 View Post
    We had really been thinking of re-upping our annual passes but if the park is going to be crazy busy all of the time, we might not.
    It typically just takes a perfect storm to cause these parking problems. Usually its a weekend, the weather's nice, there's something going on at the park (cheerleaders), and there's a large convention going on. Keep the faith though that the Mouse will be going vertical in the Pumbaa lot soon enough.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Dreams do come true

we drove right in at 11:30am, the tram area looked crazy but they were loading in 3 areas so it went really fast.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    It typically just takes a perfect storm to cause these parking problems. Usually its a weekend, the weather's nice, there's something going on at the park (cheerleaders), and there's a large convention going on. Keep the faith though that the Mouse will be going vertical in the Pumbaa lot soon enough.
    I know, and we have had our annual passes for a long time. It just seems like it has been kind of nuts lately, even when it used to be slow (like midweek). Right now we are just going to put off renewing for a bit, we will probably renew eventually, we can never stay away from Disneyland for long!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Large convention in house at the Convention Center that ends today. Listed attendee count was around 40,000.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by bayougirl89 View Post
    Right now we are just going to put off renewing for a bit, we will probably renew eventually, we can never stay away from Disneyland for long!

And Disney knows that!

• =)

Is the overflow cast lot the one that had or has the old IASW boats in it?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Anybody here think they'll ever add levels on top of the Pinocchio section of the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure? It would DEFINATELY help out in times like these. I know that Pumbaa will help out, but if Disney wants to build a third gate this is something they seriously will need to consider.

- Joe

I've often wondered why they don't build another structure on the Pinocchio lot. I know thats where the RV's and the trams park but there is a ton of space right there.

So what's in store for next weekend? Any big conventions? More cheerleaders? We only get to the parks once every two years and it seems like every time we are the place is over run by cheerleaders.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast