Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by HotelNeptune View Post
    I haven't been on the boards in a long, long time... so maybe I just missed said "hoopla". I went hunting for it but came up more or less empty-handed.
    If I remember correctly, there were many threads about the castle walkthrough before and right after the opening of the attraction. There was a pretty big line at the door the morning the attraction was supposedly to soft open. I think I heard someone say that they weren't planning on soft opening that day, but the line was so big that they decided to open it anyway. I wasn't there but I know that many micechatters were there and gave Tony their opinion on it. This wonderful attraction hasn't necessarily gone unoticed by us.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Valentine's Day the line was halfway down the path by the castle. It was fairly busy a few times the following week too. Was good to see
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I wasn't there but I know that many micechatters were there and gave Tony their opinion on it. This wonderful attraction hasn't necessarily gone unoticed by us.
    Fantastic, I'm very happy to hear it!

Are there stairs to this or can we walk through with strollers? we are leaving on Saturday to hit disney for a week. So this Hidden Gem will be attacked by our family, my son is loving sleeping beauty, much to my husband's dismay. So I know he'll dig it, I just need to know if I plan on parking the strollers for the kids. Thanks!
    Melissa, Mom to Chandler, 4 yo, & Lincoln 8 mo. Wife to Rob, 5 yrs.
    Disney tidbit: My name was chosen at Disneyland! Been over 50 times, even though I live 1000 miles away!
    Leaving for DL March 7-12: Staying at GCH!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by OSU2k1 View Post
    Are there stairs to this or can we walk through with strollers? we are leaving on Saturday to hit disney for a week. So this Hidden Gem will be attacked by our family, my son is loving sleeping beauty, much to my husband's dismay. So I know he'll dig it, I just need to know if I plan on parking the strollers for the kids. Thanks!
    No strollers allowed. You can park the stroller and carry the kids through or go into the room created for those who can't walk through the ride. It's well worth it!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I went through about 4 times on my recent visit to Disneyland this past December. I loved it. I took a lot of photos. Some turned out great. Some, not so great. I tried to get that shadow at the end, but no luck.

• :)

I slipped down the last staircase last time I walked through it and hit my head really hard...

gooooood times.

• ...TWO BITS!

i can't remember, but i think the last storybook, the dress was pink and didn't change color. i just walked through on saturday, and the dress was white. i'm i making this up? btw, this is where the fairies exclaim "make it blue! make it pink!".

EDIT: I just checked a youtube video, it's a blue dress. I'm definately sure it was white on saturday night.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-03-2009 at 09:19 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    i can't remember, but i think the last storybook, the dress was pink and didn't change color. i just walked through on saturday, and the dress was white. i'm i making this up? btw, this is where the fairies exclaim "make it blue! make it pink!".

EDIT: I just checked a youtube video, it's a blue dress. I'm definately sure it was white on saturday night.

I saw the same thing! I always thought it would be cool if the dress changed colors on the book at the end...the white dress confuses me though...why? If they were to do a lighting trick with that it'd be ruined any time someone would open the exit door and shined the bright sun on the book. what's all that about?

Just a note that the handicapped accessible experience is the walkthrough as originally opened in 1957. They took the video from the Sleeping Beauty DVD release.

There is a dragon transformation sequence in the new version that was not in the original that I did not see when I watched it at the end of the night from the room since I wanted to see what the room was like and how they handled it.

It's still a neat little hidden gem that gives you the added experience of actually being able to walk through the castle. It was a groundbreaking attraction because it featured the first use of many of the effects that would become legendary in POTC and HM.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    I saw the same thing! I always thought it would be cool if the dress changed colors on the book at the end...the white dress confuses me though...why? If they were to do a lighting trick with that it'd be ruined any time someone would open the exit door and shined the bright sun on the book. what's all that about?
    the exit for the most part is always open. i don't recall it ever having a closed door.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I agree, it is very nice and I too like it partially because it is a little hidden gem, people will catch on to it being there. It's also pretty exciting that one day not too far off all of Fantasyland's dark rides might get a simmilar digital upgrade. It's been 25 years, they're about due for a little new technolgy, and these new projection effects they're doing now should really be able to add another layer of depth and motion to the old flats.
    Where did you hear that, Uncle? Is that really planned for FL, or is that your speculation?

• Rock Star Minion

Went through it on Monday with the wife, who's a big fan of the movie.
    We both liked it a lot.
    I don't recakll what it was like before, but I'm guessing most of the "animation" is new. And it works great!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I went through it last friday, it was what i expected to be, very nice and very well done. I loved the spinning wheels and doors of evil henchmen.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12