Thread: AP Question

• Tiki Lover

AP Question

I am getting my first AP next month. Having never done this (and being out of state) should I do this online or wait until I get to the park. How much is involved? If I do purchase this in advance, does it begin the day of purchase...or the first day at the park? (thinking down the road to expiration date)

Also, how soon before the park opens do the ticket booths open?

Thanks!
    ST

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: AP Question

The best thing to do is to buy an Advance Purchase ParkHopper prior to your visit.

The reasons why are to get the extras (The Early Entry and the ESPN Zone Game Card), and to avoid any possible blockout dates. The one thing that is important, that the cost of the ParkHopper is not more than the cost of the AP you want.

So after you get to the park, and use the Early Entry, and go to the ESPN Zone to pick up your game card, plus checking for any blockout dates during your stay, you can upgrade anytime after the blockout day has passed (if any).

To do this, you go to the Bank of Main Street, next to the Opera House in Town Square. Once you go to the front of the line, you hand over your ParkHopper, then the CM wil get your info (name, address, DOB, etc.), collect the difference in costs (You get full credit for the price of the ParkHopper), and take your picture. Once that is all done, they print your new AP while you wait.

The Main Entry Plaza Ticket windows open up usually around 1 hour before park opening.

If you buy an AP Voucher directly from Disneyland.com or a Disney Store, the vouchers usually have an expiration date about 90 days after purchase. So long as you use the voucher within that period, your expiration date of the AP would be one year from the day it was processed at the park.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Tiki Lover

Re: AP Question

Great info...thanks!

ST