Thread: Annual Pass

Annual Pass

Hi there, new to the site and first post.
    I wanted to ask your opinion on something.
    This past year, I read that if you were going to get a annual pass that they were having a payment plan option. So I got all excited and was planning on buying one, when I read the fine print that it was only good for So. Cal residence. They already get a discount on the tickets and now this.
    Do you think that is fair?

• no flash photography...

Re: Annual Pass

yes, i think it's fair. Disney is a corporation and can make their own policies.

Personally I think the whole payment plan thing is a bad thing. However, It's their policy.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Personally I think the whole payment plan thing is a bad thing. However, It's their policy.

I agree.

And the recent issues already being raised right here on this site should be proof enough that it can be a bad thing.

As far as being fair or not, it's their house, you have to either play by their rules or go home.

I'm sure Disney wanted to test the idea out in the local market first to get a feel for how it will go. Maybe if they can increase their profits enough and the profits outweigh the issues, then they might open it up to others.

Only time will tell...

(BTW- The payment plan/"membership" seems to be working at Legoland. They've had it for a few years now.)

• FastPass n00b

Yes

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

I don't see any problems with giving perks and pats on the backs to locals, since the park *is* in their backyard... and since I'm a local myself. ;-) It's a friendly neighbor kind of thing.

I think the payment thing is a bad idea...it caused parking issues you would only see happen on New Years and July 4th happen a lot more.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore1976 View Post
    Hi there, new to the site and first post.
    I wanted to ask your opinion on something.
    This past year, I read that if you were going to get a annual pass that they were having a payment plan option. So I got all excited and was planning on buying one, when I read the fine print that it was only good for So. Cal residence. They already get a discount on the tickets and now this.
    Do you think that is fair?
    Congratulations, you qualify to purchase an AP due to the entitlement rationale displayed in this post!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I don't think it's an unfair policy. Since their target buyers for AP's are Southern California residents, it makes sense.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Is an annual pass good for 12 months from purchase or for the calendar year. Is there a cutoff day to buy one if it's only good for the calendar year? In other words, if I buy one in July will I get 6 months or 12 months use from it?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by SaskMouse View Post
    Is an annual pass good for 12 months from purchase or for the calendar year. Is there a cutoff day to buy one if it's only good for the calendar year? In other words, if I buy one in July will I get 6 months or 12 months use from it?
    APs are good for 12 months from date of purchase, if you bought one in july it would be good until the next july
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Pardon my ignorance, but why is the payment plan a bad thing? Besides the parking, are there other reasons? I'm not trying to be in disagreement or anything (for a change heh) but I'm just really curious about what the true nature of the problems are.

I'm moving back to finish up college in the next year or so, and I know that this will make it A LOT easier for me to have an AP (especially with the budget that I will be on).

Any insight to these problems is appreciated!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WJNM View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but why is the payment plan a bad thing? Besides the parking, are there other reasons? I'm not trying to be in disagreement or anything (for a change heh) but I'm just really curious about what the true nature of the problems are.

I'm moving back to finish up college in the next year or so, and I know that this will make it A LOT easier for me to have an AP (especially with the budget that I will be on).

Any insight to these problems is appreciated!
    Apparently some people have been blocked from the park or parking lot for non-payment. Some that really didn't pay and some when they in fact had paid, but even that sounds like just an inconvenience and not that big of a deal, since it sounded like most people who paid were just delayed a bit and did get in. There's also the arguement that it just makes people who really can't afford it buy a more expensive AP, but I don't think Disney is worried about that. I think people just want the parks to be less busy for their own personal reasons.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

^Thanks! That's exactly what I was thinking these "issues" were.

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

A payment plan certainly would make the prospects of buying another pair of APs for my girlfriend and I much more plausible... it's a common refrain for many these days, but the economy has really taken a toll on our entertainment budget (plus our food budget, rent budget, gas budget, everything else budget). This is the first time in a long while that we haven't been able to afford passes, so I for one think it's a fantastic idea... are we really going to be that exclusionary and say that it's a bad promotion because now people who would not otherwise have been able to afford getting into the park before could finally have their opportunity? That seems backwards to me. Personally, I think extending the payment plan option to regular passes would be a great step as well. When I was a kid, I grew up in a family of six, so we rarely got to go to the park... even in the 80s it was very, very expensive for a large family to be able to afford a visit. We were able to make it maybe once a year, or maybe every other year, which was more than enough for a large, young family on a limited income... but I'm sure many other families are excluded altogether due to the fairly astronomical ticket prices. Being able to pay off your visit in monthly installments over the course of a year sounds like a very progressive step to me. Sure, Disney is a business and their intent is primarily to get more dollars in their pockets, but still... this practice may open the doors for people who would otherwise be locked out. Extend a similar offer to all ticket varieties! Yes, overcrowding could be a likely side-effect, and limitations should maybe be placed so that people don't take advantage of the offer too frequently and get bogged down with payments beyond their means (maybe just one ticket per person per year), but I'm sure savvy restrictions could be applied to handle most impracticalities. Just my two cents... and I could hardly afford those even.