Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up Hub Construction

    I heard that last night they started major construction in the hub. They're widening the walkways by several feet by making the planters smaller and moving large trees. My friend said the project will last a few days but no longer than a week.

  2. #2

    • Señor User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Zimbabwe
    Posts
    164

    Re: Hub Construction

    Removing the trees in the hub would greatly help the line of site for the R...DCT for much of Main Street. If this (construction rumour) is true, It would probably have everything to do with viewing and capacity issues.
    I need to get a life...

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: Hub Construction

    They are going to ruin the Hub trying to suit that show. I swear DL never learns from it's mistakes.

  4. #4

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    2

    Re: Hub Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    They are going to ruin the Hub trying to suit that show. I swear DL never learns from it's mistakes.
    No, it sounded like they're not removing the trees, just shifting them a bit in the outside planters circling the hub to make room for larger sidewalks.

  5. #5

    • Señor User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Zimbabwe
    Posts
    164

    Re: Hub Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    They are going to ruin the Hub trying to suit that show. I swear DL never learns from it's mistakes.
    Trees are very easy to replace. These particular trees have not been there that long.
    I need to get a life...

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: Hub Construction

    I'm just talking about changing things around to suit a show. I wasn't a big fan of when they changed the trees for better fireworks viewing the first time and now they are doing it again. But I can't stop change so...

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773

    Re: Hub Construction

    We were there yesterday and I saw no evidence of any construction around the hub.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  8. #8

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    966

    Re: Hub Construction

    Perhaps one's confusing the Grotto construction? I dunno

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    We were there yesterday and I saw no evidence of any construction around the hub.

  9. #9

    • Disneyland Freak
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,133

    Re: Hub Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    I'm just talking about changing things around to suit a show. I wasn't a big fan of when they changed the trees for better fireworks viewing the first time and now they are doing it again. But I can't stop change so...
    Yes they compeltely ruined the Rivers of America by adding tiered seating levels for Fantasmic, oh wait... that was a very good thing Sorry, I disagree, it's not like the trees in the hub are historic, monumental, or provide very much shade anyway.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

    I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

    With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

    Create your own Virtual pet today!

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: Hub Construction

    When did they add tiered seating levels for Fantasmic? That is so lame!!! I hate how they change the look of the park for shows!! I love the atmosphere far more than any show, even Fantasmic!

  11. #11

    • Again! Again! Again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On the emergency card.
    Posts
    7,669

    Re: Hub Construction

    Any trimming or replacing of trees in the hub also have to do with the view of the castle. When they get too big, they trim them back so you can see the castle from Main St.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

  12. #12

    • Lurker Extraordinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    24

    Re: Hub Construction

    Things change. Disneyland will never be truly finished, anyway. If more people will be able to enjoy the fireworks, I say rip those trees out! They can always plant more later.

  13. #13

    • out & about
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Getting there
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Hub Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    When did they add tiered seating levels for Fantasmic? That is so lame!!! I hate how they change the look of the park for shows!! I love the atmosphere far more than any show, even Fantasmic!
    The fact that you havent even noticed that they made this improvement testifies that it was done discretly and with care as to not make NOS look like an ampitheater. Pay extra care next time, to notice the mult-leveled walkways in front of the Rivers of America and youll see that the integrity of the New Orleans architecture & its asthetics have been preserved while providing additional viewing space.
    The only reason we know about or notice these other changes is because of this message board. Otherwise the improvements would prceed without 80% of us knowing about it or even noticing it the next time we visit the park.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

    WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

  14. #14

    • With my wife....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ... in paradise!
    Posts
    536

    Re: Hub Construction

    No longer than 1 week? I've not known any "major construction" project to be over and done with in a week. Sounds more like pruning to me.

    Oh wait, maybe they used a different construction company than they did for Space Mtn?
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

    --Walt Disney

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: Hub Construction

    Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    The fact that you havent even noticed that they made this improvement testifies that it was done discretly and with care as to not make NOS look like an ampitheater. Pay extra care next time, to notice the mult-leveled walkways in front of the Rivers of America and youll see that the integrity of the New Orleans architecture & its asthetics have been preserved while providing additional viewing space.
    The only reason we know about or notice these other changes is because of this message board. Otherwise the improvements would prceed without 80% of us knowing about it or even noticing it the next time we visit the park.
    Are you talking about the walkway in the middle of the RoA walkway that is about two feet higher than the rest? Because that's been there forever. I thought you where talking about actual tier benches or seating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] DCA and Construction...............
    By DCAfanatic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 03:40 AM
  2. AK New Construction?
    By Moonliner in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
  3. T-Rex Construction
    By KingEric in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 07:26 AM
  4. Construction everywhere at TDR!!!
    By TDLFAN in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 06:22 PM
  5. When do you think the construction will be over?
    By BFJen in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 07:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •