• Minion

Pirates Refurbishment 2006

HI.
    I have a question. I have read on this board and others that Pirates is going down for a refurb in 2006...I am planning a trip possibly in May/June 2006. Would Disney not have Pirates open by Memorial Day 2006? Does anyone have any info about how long the refurb might take and when it will begin ...Thanks for any info!

• Señor User

Re: Pirates Refurbishment 2006

They're waiting to see when you schedule your vacation before they set the dates.
    I need to get a life...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

It looks like Pirates will go down for Refurb on March 6th, 2006, and will return sometime around July 7th.

Why the return date, to have the opening tie into the marketing of the release of the new movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which will be released on July 7th, 2006.

I would not count on it to be open anytime in May, you might get lucky in late June with some soft openings.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy Baby
    They're waiting to see when you schedule your vacation before they set the dates.
    LOL...I doubt it...I always make plans AFTER I know park info and not before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    It looks like Pirates will go down for Refurb on March 6th, 2006, and will return sometime around July 7th.

Why the return date, to have the opening tie into the marketing of the release of the new movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which will be released on July 7th, 2006.

I would not count on it to be open anytime in May, you might get lucky in late June with some soft openings.

Thanks for the info....Just kind of suprised that Disney would have the ride down for the busy months of May and June. I think I will plan another trip for late August...this year lmy late August trip was great and everyone had a good time and it was not that crowded.

• Minion

The marketing tie in is a definite but it maybe to Disney's advantage to have the attraction open before the movie so they can use the opening to have the stars of the movie attend a PR/movie party at Disneyland. Disney will already have commercials and ads for the movie well before the movie's premiere. Also, is it possible that DL could do an AP party or event for the new Pirates ...the AP response to the Halloween party was so overwhelming...Dl should consider it.

• Minion

Is there any info on what is going to be changed? added? taken out? during the Pirates refurb?