Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Celebrate! A Street Party!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy115 View Post
    Ya, I love POD but maybe a new BETTER parade?
    Nothing is better than POD.

'Nuff said.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I think people who keep saying that POD has run it's course really don't understand that WDW has been having the same parades for YEARS (not including their Street parade and Celebrate, Dreams Come True! - which I hear is just a re-theme of their old parade). We are very fortunate when it comes to stuff like this and since POD was absolutely BEAUTIFUL it really did deserve to stay longer even if that meant changing the parade music.

I am, though, very excited for this Street Parade. At first I had my doubts just because I was bitter about POD ending so abruptly, but now that I've seen pictures from WDW's version and other things , I can't wait!
    I've heard the Summer of '10 POD rumors also. But, honestly, I don't see it happening.

• pinkninja

man i LOVE POD!! it gets me sooo emotional and i absolutely love the song! it fills me with a sense of overwhelming joy! so magical! all of my friends who were "eh" on parades became instant fans after watching it with us! we leave the parade with re-energized positivity. it's wonderful!

nehoo is it too much to ask for the POD to come back WITH another new parade? back to back? lol...that would be a dream come true!
    HARK! in the Park - Disneyland Themed Days
    Follow @HARKinthePark

dollybeast

flickr

twitter

oh hai~~ *face fills with happiness*

• A Weather Eye Open

if they can't get the street party ready to be a bigger parade-like event like they planned by summer, i wouldn't be surprised at all that they might keep it small and bring POD dreams back. if they don't have sufficient entertainment coming down the parade route every day this summer, they will get MAULED by angry tourists whose kids want to see a Disneyland parade. Even if POD is expensive to run, it might save their ***** this year if they can't get the street party to be big enough fast enough.

POD did not technically run it's course. If you say, 5 years, every 5th anniversary we'll get a new parade, then it makes sense. POD only had 4 years, and now we're just paradeless entirely, which is a bit of a disgrace in my opinion, since that's the number 1 entertainment option that guests expect from the park. It def. doesn't make sense to 1: go real-paradeless for a whole year or 2: have a new parade that will only last a year when the 55th parade replaces it.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There aren't too many parades that should have a 5 year run. And Parade of Stars was my least favorite over the past 15 years.

Parade of Dreams was good for about 3 years, but then they should have replaced it. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and with only the "street celebration" whatever that ends up being, is no replacement for an all out parade. Someone behind the planning of DL events sure seems to have missed the target altogether, since the Party should have been started back on 1-1-09.

They really should just bring back PoD, and then watch them say, we really didn't plan to retire the parade. Next year, hopefully, they will get the parade for DL's 55th.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    There aren't too many parades that should have a 5 year run. And Parade of Stars was my least favorite over the past 15 years.

Parade of Dreams was good for about 3 years, but then they should have replaced it. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and with only the "street celebration" whatever that ends up being, is no replacement for an all out parade. Someone behind the planning of DL events sure seems to have missed the target altogether, since the Party should have been started back on 1-1-09.

They really should just bring back PoD, and then watch them say, we really didn't plan to retire the parade. Next year, hopefully, they will get the parade for DL's 55th.
    Here's Hoping!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Lets call it like it is, when Walt Disney World gets a good parade, Disneyland gets an Epic parade. I really, truly find it hard to believe that the Imagineers are disassembling the floats already. Disney World has never seen the light of day on the world that Parade of Dreams is on. I think that as long as the rumored 2010 parade is a lateral or better parade, then PoD will be heading to WDW.

• Defeats the Huns

It's nice to read that so many people were/are so passionate about Parade of Dreams. It makes me happy.

As for Celebrate! A Street Party -- it seems to me that many people are assuming that it's just some tiny "celebration".. something like a cavalcade. Or maybe you're thinking that it's like the "Mickey Magic Kingdom Celebration" that happened right before Parade of Dreams came in...
    ... Well... its NOT. It's pretty big. It fills up the entire Main Street. And the entire Hub. And the entire Small World Mall. Yeah, it's not a parade.. but it's not intended to be. It's a Street Party.

I really just can't wait until it premieres for all of us to see. I think we're all gonna love it.

• Minion

Why can't we have CSP andPoD? I think were seeing the end of all the 50th eventsfrom the pod to the fireworks which I am mad at them about. I hope that we will have POD by the summer but it problably won't happen. Hopefully this new celebrate party will be great. And it's not a small calvicade! It bigger than wdws street party and will have better music hopefully!

WDW has essentially had the exact same parade for an extremely long time. All they do is tweak the floats slightly and rename the parade according to the ad campaign. While I don't think the PoD is past it's prime, I do not want it to become worn down and old. It's better to retire when still on top instead of going out with a whimper.

I don't see Disneyland holding a parade that long because it caters to a different clientele. As much as I love the PoD, I hope Disneyland gets a new and even better parade in 2010.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I can't see PoD in the MK because it's so Disneyland centric.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12