Free Birthday Ticket Question

Hello. I have an AP and my birthday is comming up on the 20th of this month and so I registered to get in free. Well on Disneyland.com one of the options that an annual passholder can get with this promotion is a ticket for A 1-Day/1-Park Disneyland® Resort Ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday;
    Can this ticket be used that day? - I want to take someone with me and have them get in for free. - Do I just go to a ticket booth with my AP, ID and the e-mail from Disney?
    Also can that ticket be upgraded to a park hopper?
    Thanks

• Vasooki-land Owner

Re: Free Birthday Ticket Question

But, it can only be used for you, the celebrant.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

It can only be used for me? If I have a premium AP then I can get in free any day. Why can't it be used for a guest as well?

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfnatc View Post
    It can only be used for me? If I have a premium AP then I can get in free any day. Why can't it be used for a guest as well?
    Here was one of the answers from my question, I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    The fun card may be picked up at any of the ticket booths or from guest services or city hall. That fun card MAY be used to purchase ticket media for another guest.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Sock Puppet

Well, in a way it can.

Just use the fun card to buy your friend a ticket.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

... because it's YOUR birthday, not theirs. The free One-Day/One-Park ticket can only be used by the birthday boy/girl, not anyone else.

However, you have a Premium AP (which there's plenty of information about if you would have just used "Search")... so instead of the One-Day/One-Park ticket, you can get either a Birthday FASTPASS for your party or a Fun Card that you can use on tours, merchandise, etc. etc.

A Birthday Fun Card, in the value equivalent to the free birthday ticket that can be used at participating Resort locations for select merchandise, tickets, tour experiences and Disney’s PhotoPass® on-site services. The card is not valid for food and beverage purchases, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Dollars, alcohol, cigarettes, Resort folio charges, spa services or products or personal services. Value of the Birthday Fun Card is equivalent to the price of a one-day, one-park ticket at the Main Entrance ticket booth. Adults will receive the card in the amount of (currently) $69 and children 3-9 for $59. The Birthday Fun Card is nontransferable and is intended for use by the Birthday celebrant only. Additionally, the card may not be combined with any discount, benefit, or offer.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Here was one of the answers from my question, I hope this helps
    I thought about doing this with my fun card when i went in january! i wondered if it was possible to spend it on ticket media. Interesting to know that it is.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Has anyone tried this? So I could go to Guest Relations - probably the one by DCA since the other one is so busy and retrieve my bitrhday fun card and then use that to purchase a ticket and maybe attempt to upgrade that to a park hopper. Thanks for your help. Sorry for all the questions

• A Weather Eye Open

Has anyone tried this? So I could go to Guest Relations - probably the one by DCA since the other one is so busy and retrieve my bitrhday fun card and then use that to purchase a ticket and maybe attempt to upgrade that to a park hopper. Thanks for your help. Sorry for all the questions
    You won't have any problem with this, in fact you could do the whole thing at the ticket booths I'm sure, just to save time. You could go there, show that it's your birthday, ask for the fun card, and then as soon at that's done tell the person in the window that you'd like to spend it now on a one day one park. If you're a so cal resident, that could be upgraded for free to a two-fer for your friend. Or if you really want to park hop with your friend, just instead ask for the park hopper and put the gift card money towards it (no reason to ask for a one day one park and then upgrade, just buy what you want the first time to make it easier on the CM. Whoever is paying the difference will have to pay about $25 (don't know if there's tax), just hand over the cash and the fun card you just got to pay for it right there.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• What do u mean u people?

Has anyone tried this? So I could go to Guest Relations - probably the one by DCA since the other one is so busy
    I've been 3 times this year already with people getting their fun cards. All 3 times we've picked them up at City Hall and it was never more than a few min wait. Twice on a Sunday and once on a Sat. Shouldn't be too bad as long as it isn't the 4th of July or something.

I really don't know this...Thanks for this post...
    Music is my LIFE!!!