Smile Speech Topic on Disneyland??

Hi, I think i'm planning on doing an informative speech on Disneyland, but I have to narrow it down to one certain aspect of it, and I cannot decide what to do? Does anybody have any ideas? I was thinking maybe the history of one of the land's in Disneyland, or maybe a ride. But If I do a ride, I seem to be having problems finding legitimate information (i.e. history of Space Mountain). If anyone knows of any websites on the History of Disneyland attractions please let me know. Thank you.

• The Bell Ringer

Re: Speech Topic on Disneyland??

If you don't mind my asking, for whom are you giving this informative speech?
    "'dognapping.' can you imagine such a thing? 'fifteen puppies stolen.' they are darling little things. anita and her... her bashful beethoven! PIPE AND ALL! oh, roger, you are a FOOL!"

its for college students, mostly just freshman and a few seniors, and of course my professor.

• The Bell Ringer

A topic could be how the original five lands were created holding 1950s values in terms of popular culture, and how the socio-political landscape at the time helped create those lands...?
    "'dognapping.' can you imagine such a thing? 'fifteen puppies stolen.' they are darling little things. anita and her... her bashful beethoven! PIPE AND ALL! oh, roger, you are a FOOL!"

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Another great way of doing this speech would to be what ^ said, but talking about how the park was designed as a movie set, more or less. Consideration was given to sightlines, to immersive settings, to views. That's where we get the terms "Cast Members", "On Stage" and "Off Stage" from. You could also discuss the use of forced perspective on Sleeping Beauty Castle and Main Street.

I love incorporating Disney into my schoolwork whenever I can, but talking about the history of lands or attractions in and off themselves can present issues: you don't want your informative speech to sound like an infomercial advertising the park.

It's dangerous to do too much on the history of park - besides a small amount of people who really care, Disneyland is a commercial enterprise that is only 54 years old. A lot of profs won't care about the "history" of Frontierland or Tomorrowland, for example. Disneyland's history - from their perspective - is a bizzare topic when you could talk about the history of Anaheim (from the German settlers to Disneyland - and the park's role in the creation of the city), Orange County, or some places with richer history, such as Bower's Museum.

Just a though!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Maybe on the mechanics of a particular attraction? The Pepper's Ghost on Haunted Mansion, for example, or the rolling ball on Indy.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Hey! I had to give an informative speech for my Human Communications class, and I did mine on the creation of Mickey Mouse and major changes in his design. Maybe you can do your speech on a particular character?