View Poll Results: How Best to start your day?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Head to Adventure Land and Ride Indy

7 17.07%
  • Head to Tomorrowland and Ride Space Mountain

7 17.07%
  • Head to Adventure Land get a FastPass for Indy

5 12.20%
  • Head to Tomorrowland get a FastPass for Space

9 21.95%
  • Head Straight to Fantasyland and Ride Peter Pan

10 24.39%
  • Head to Splash Mountain get a fastpass

1 2.44%
  • Head to Splash Mountain and Ride it

2 4.88%
  • Head to Splash Mountain and Ride it

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

On Park Opening what to do First?!

Well what should you do first once the rope is dropped to best beat the crowds and maximize your time at the park and not waiting in lines?

• Sock Puppet

Re: On Park Opening what to do First?!

RUN!!!

j/k

Just the fact that you are there at the Rope Drop means you are maximizing your time at the Park and that it will be less crowded.

• You looking at me?

That depends of course on your personal preference. Like most, you will be tempted to high-tail it over to either SM or Nemo. Getting Nemo out of the way firs will free up a lot of time later on that you would otherwise be waiting to get on the subs. I don't do SM right away because it is a bit cyclical; meaning that around lunch, mid-late afternoon and parade times there is little if any wait. And with proper FP planning you can get on SM whenever you like. Now personally, as soon as the rope hits the pavement, I stroll quickly (never run, you get yelled at by militant CMs) over to CC and straight to Splash Mountain. While the toddler patrol is heading off to FL and the novices rush over to Indie because it's close to MS, I walk onto Splash Mountain and (provided you get cool CMs which is most of the time) I ride it 4-5 times in a row without ever getting out of the log. But this goes back to what you really like to do. Splash is my fav, but may not be yours. The trick is to get at least one of the "Big Ticket" or slow loaders (Peter Pan) out of the way first so you don't spend the rest of your day playing catch-up with lines. Hope this helped!
    "Nemo! Get to Nemo!"

• Seasick

Peter Pan for me. It tends to generate a 45-minute wait time that never goes away. It's always nice to avoid it.

I'd specifically choose it over the other choices in this poll, as they all have fastpass.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I voted for "Head to Tomorrowland get a FastPass for Space" but I would ride after getting the fastpass.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Disney aficionado

Very tough decision for me.. I'm tempted to head straight to Peter Pan because I hear about the 45 minute wait line developing.

I'm also tempted to head to space and grab a fastpass and then go to Peter Pan because of the line at space later in the day and the forming line at Peter Pan. However, if there is a big congestion to get fastpasses for space, by the time I make it to Peter Pan, I may be in for the 45 minute wait anyhow.

Regardless after knocking out a few Fantasy Land rides and the Matterhon, I'd probably head back to grab a fastpass for Space.

Get a fastpass for Space and ride it.

• The Bell Ringer

What we tend to do is go to Space Moutain to get a fast pass, but then we high-tail it to Indy and wait in line and ride it. Then we go to breakfast. The thing with Nemo is that we did that once (getting there super early to ride it) and now I've decided I don't need to ride it again. So, that's no longer an issue for me.
    "'dognapping.' can you imagine such a thing? 'fifteen puppies stolen.' they are darling little things. anita and her... her bashful beethoven! PIPE AND ALL! oh, roger, you are a FOOL!"

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: On Park Opening what to do First?!

Everything on the list has FP except for PP, which should answer your question right there.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

A good plan is to head for space and fastpass it then get over to peter pan. We usually go fast pass roger rabbit right after that.

• Disney aficionado

on a day in the summer.. the day I'm going is Thursday June 18th. Is there a big congestion at space and getting fastpasses for space on rope drop?

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    on a day in the summer.. the day I'm going is Thursday June 18th. Is there a big congestion at space and getting fastpasses for space on rope drop?
    The fastpass area for SM is never congested, nor any other fastpass areas for that matter. There are at least 6-7 machines and at least for most people, the process of putting your ticket in and getting the fastpasses should only take a minute.

If you're able to walk very, very quickly, I would just go to SM to get the fastpasses and then hightail it over to Peter Pan's Flight. If nothing else, at least it will make your window during which you can get your next fastpass come up that much quicker.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If it takes you 20 minutes to ride Peter Pan at rope drop, the Space Mountain fast pass will probably be for the same time you would have got the FP for if you went right there. The only diffference is you'll probably wait an extra 15-20 miuntes for PP.

Go to Fantasyland first IMO.

Since you're going on a Magic Morning day, and you don't have the MM privilege, there are already going to be lines for Peter Pan, Alice, and Matterhorn at DL's regular opening time (8:00am).

Since you only have one day, I would maximize FP collecting. I would collect FPs for Space, Indy, and Splash. You would probably have the three FPs by 11:00am. From 8:00 to 11:00am I would take it easy and ride PP, Alice, Matterhorn, PotC, Haunted Mansion, etc.

Now, if you were staying at one of the DLR hotels, then you'd be eligible for the Magic Morning, and you'd be able to do six or seven FL attractions before 8:00am, and then you'd be able to walk over to Space Mtn and get a FP at 08:00:01.

Whatever you do, don't go crazy! Enjoy your day and have fun!

• Goofy

go straight to peter pan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast