Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ride Space then grab an Indy Fastpass

4 23.53%
  • Get a Space fastpass, ride it later, also get an Indy fastpass later

13 76.47%

• Disney aficionado

To get a FastPass or Not?

As you all know from reading my numerous posts I'm going to DL on my honeymoon Thursday June 18th.
    When planning my trip to DL, I originally had me running around the park collection around 4 fastpasses. Now I'm down to 2 that I'm planning on getting. However, I'm contemplating making that one and here is why:

Background
    From previous posts I've determined it best to head for Peter Pan first since the line gets long and never goes down. Then I plan on knocking out Alice, and the Matterhorn early.
    Then heading back to space...
    now originally I was planning on grabbing a fastpass for space here.

The Dilemna
    However, I want to insure myself of getting a fastpass for Indy with a return time before 3:00 PM for it. As I plan on heading over to DCA around 4:00 - 5:00.

If I grab a fastpass for Space Mountain here, (probably getting it around 9:00 - 9:30 by the time I get an Indy fastpass the return time might be late in the afternoon.

Possible Solution
    I could just wait in the line for space mountain at this point. (I'm guessing a 30 minute wait tops). Then pick up a fastpass for Indy after riding it.

After Indy my next stop is Splash Mountain as I wish to get it done relatively early before a huge line forms.!

Sound good?
    hehe

• Rock Star Minion

Re: To get a FastPass or Not?

Boy, there is a lot of threads about planning your vacation to SoCal....

Don't worry about the return time. You can go ANYTIME after 3. You are returning to D-Land after DCA, in order to get that taste out of your mouth, right? So, ride Indy when you get back.
    I don't think the FP machines between the two parks are connected, if that is a concern.

Also, regarding fastpass, there is a HUGE sticky thread about all the tricks.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm not really here

Also... relax man! Take it easy! Don't worry so much about planning this thing out so much or you won't have time to enjoy it. The first few hours are not the most critical thing... the most critical thing is that you enjoy your time. Not that you get on everything, not that you ride things in a certain order, but that you have fun, being in the Happiest Place on Earth with someone that you truly care about.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Seriously, you have all day, the best reason to collect FP's in the morning is so you can enjoy the rest of the day not having to worry much about lines or anything else. Get both FPs and save them for later I say. If Splash is important to you get one for it once your first time passes too, since it'll be hot then that will likely be the longest line in the park. I also would save Matterhorn for later, the line is usually not bad and moves pretty good. Anyway, I know you've gotten lots of advice, so if that's really what you want to do, then do that, it really won't make that much difference.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Also... relax man! Take it easy! Don't worry so much about planning this thing out so much or you won't have time to enjoy it.

Yeah, it's sad to say, but I can just see it now, Indy or some other E-Ticket is down for some unknown reason and the whole trip is shot!

Don't let that happen!

Nothing should be "crucial" about your trip to DL (other than BEING there).

It should be treated like a fine wine. Savored and enjoyed. Not downed in one big gulp.

Please enjoy your (already) special trip!

You are going in June or July, right? I am big on planning, but you have me beat by a long shot!

I do have to ask, what will happen if on your visit they discover a mystery substance at the ticket booths and shut down the front gates for a whole two hours. Is this going to throw your whole day into a tailspin??

• Disney aficionado

haha ya i should stop thinking about it

... at least until i know the park hours for that day.

I'm not sure what time Ill leave DL for DCA., that will have a lot to do about it.

After going to DCA I'll prob be there till the end of the night as they don't have fireworks that night because its a grad nite.

oo im very flexible with my plan.. its just I like to know so much that no matter what happens I'll know the best response

haha

• Knows Where His Towel Is

It's not a problem knowing a lot-it's just a problem when you start freaking out about how much you're supposed to know.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• we jumped out a window

Yackerz, I second Uncle Bob's advice about Splash Mountain. If you were going now, you can afford to hold off on it until later in the day but since you're going in June, it will most likely be very warm and Splash Mountain will be on most people's radar as one of the rides to hit first. Of course, you might luck out and be there on a "June Gloom" day and have overcast skies and slight fog in the morning.

With all due respect, I think you're really starting to overthink things when you contemplate only getting 1 fastpass. The park seems a lot more crowded this year with the birthday promotion and I fully expect that trend to continue throughout the year. As such, there will most likely be more people there than you're actually expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    After going to DCA I'll prob be there till the end of the night as they don't have fireworks that night because its a grad nite.
    DL usually has fireworks on Grad Nites. On your day (Thurs, June 18), the fireworks will likely be at 8:45pm, and DL will likely close at 9:00pm.

Here's the calendar from last June (in 2008 there was a Grad Nite on Thurs, June 19):
    June 2008 Calendar - Disneyland and DCA - LaughingPlace.com: Disney World, Disneyland and More

Just to double-check, you do know that FastPasses don't have to be used during the 1-hour window, right? FPs can be used anytime from the start of the Return Time until the park closes, on the same day, of course. (That's why I would recommend collecting FPs for Space, Splash, and Indy, to use later.)

Like others have posted, if it's a hot day the line for Splash will quickly grow to 60 minutes or more.

From reading your other threads, I'm not sure why you don't want to spend an extra 10 or 15 minutes waiting for Peter Pan (in order to get a FP for Space), but then you're okay waiting 30 minutes or more for Space and maybe an hour or more for Splash.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great time!

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by Belobog View Post

From reading your other threads, I'm not sure why you don't want to spend an extra 10 or 15 minutes waiting for Peter Pan (in order to get a FP for Space), but then you're okay waiting 30 minutes or more for Space and maybe an hour or more for Splash.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great time!
    Thanks belobog. You are talking a little sense into me. I guess getting a fastpass for space and a fastpass for Indy is my main goal and getting done with Peter Pan and Alice , and Matterhorn (to a lesser extent since im in the area). After I do that, I plan on going to splash mountain next.
    If I get there at 8:00, I figure I can be in line for splash by 9:30 at the latest. I don't think the line for splash will be more than 30 minutes at 9:30 in the morning in June. June isn't that warm is it anyhow?

Thanks for the schedule from last year. If the same holds true this year, then what the calendar shows is contrary to what I've been told by fellow mice chatters and a speculating CM.
    Contrary to what I been told, last year schedule on June 19th a grad nite shows:
    1.) Park hours will open normally at 8 AM
    2.) They had Fireworks! It was at 8:45 however.

However, I don't know if DCA closing at 7:00 this year will be accurate. This year on the 18th the grad nite says they have no "blast off" scheduled. So I'm guessing DCA will be open its normal summer hours since they wont have any grad nite fesitivities there.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 03-11-2009 at 12:55 PM.

• Missing Main Street

I love that you're planning like crazy -
    Works that anticipation into a fever pitch!!!

(I do the same thing. Makes my husband INSANE. Which adds to the fun.)

• Mischievous Mouse

Get a Space fastpass, ride it later, also get an Indy fastpass later

... with a caveat.

We love to ride Indy first.. then space soon after. Yeah, it's better than a stiff cup of coffee in the morning. (Actually mixed WITH a stiff cup of coffee!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney