Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Re: More Questions about Disneyland Resort...

thanks,. lol but i've already posted a whole thread on ridemax here a few days ago

Really when it comes down to it guys.. I am planning on spending the day from 8 to close (9 since its a grad nite). I only have a day unless I get 2 days worth of free passes. I don't want to go 2 days because I want to put some relaxation into the honeymoon, if you know what I mean . 7 Day honeymoon all together. Highlight of each day: Day 1 Arrive at SNA / Hollywood, 2 Disneyland, 3 the Beach, 4 Sequoia National Park, 5 Yosemite National Park, 6 More Yosemite / Bodie Ghost town.. Day 7 We'll be traveling back to SNA.

Wow! that is a busy schedule!!! It's quite a drive to Sequoia Natl Park from Orange County! We did that last year... heh! Well, we went to Sequoia Natl park from Wa State, met up with family, stayed for 4 days. Wanted MORE actually... so much to see! Glad to be up above the SMOKE, when we were there.. fires were awful last summer. Relaxation... I like driving and/or riding for relaxing.. sometimes. Depends on which vehicle we are driving!

I'd go for the one who said Indy for the FP first... that is what we do all the time when we don't have a "disability" per say. Last summer, we had my husband just having had knee surgery two weeks before.. not planned. Was nice to have the disabled/handicap guide.. helped alot! But the fast passes are a definate for you on a one day visit!

And sometimes, if you don't mind not riding together.. but I'm sure you may want to, there are some single rider lines/at the exits for certain rides. My boys use this for Calif Screamin' allllll the time. Check the Disneyland site regarding these lines! They can be beneficial if you want to use it! (right now for some reason the Disneyland site says service unavailable, bah!)

Have a great trip! Enjoy both the national parks! I haven't been to Yosemite in years. My boys would like to go sometime. I need to take them.

Vickie
    ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

• Disney aficionado

OK I got another question guys.
    I'm probably going to end up getting a 3 day Park hopper pass.
    However, I am still looking for ways to save money.

I don't want to pay $12 a day for parking at Mickey & Friends.

Now one of the days I am going it will probably only be for a couple of hours. (3 max)
    I noticed Downtown Disney parking is free for the first 3 hours.

How hard is it to park at downtown Disney and then walk to the Disneyland park? Is it a long walk? Do people often do that?

• Im the fun mommy :)

My thinking is you need to get extra money so your not freaking out about 12 dollar parking. I think the key word in all your post is " how to save money" The key is to make enough to go and not worry so much about " how to save money" planning a trip can be fun, and hell if your broke or trying to do it the cheap way. it can be done, but with out stressing I would try to A. make more money ...B slow down and try not to fit the world on your small budget. or C plan all this later on when you have more money. are you married yet? if not tell folks you want gift cards to disney and or cash ! you can get lots from freiends or family if you tell them this is what you want
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Now one of the days I am going it will probably only be for a couple of hours. (3 max)

How hard is it to park at downtown Disney and then walk to the Disneyland park? Is it a long walk? Do people often do that?
    People do, but you have to factor in 20-30 minutes each way to be on the safe side. So that really only gives you about 2 hours in the park.
    A signature should go here.

Why would you spend the money a 3-day park hopper and then only go for "a couple of hours". I would either skip that day in the park all together or buy a 1 day pass.

Second, if you are going to waste 1 day of a 3-day hopper on a couple of hours in the park then worry about $12 in parking you may want to rethink going in the first place.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post

OK I got another question guys.
    I'm probably going to end up getting a 3 day Park hopper pass.
    However, I am still looking for ways to save money.

I don't want to pay $12 a day for parking at Mickey & Friends.

People with Annual Passes do that, because when you factor it out it's only costing them a buck or two to get in. People on a 3-day pass would be INSANE to waste a full day (~$50) on a two or three hour visit!

That's the day you go explore Downtown Disney and the DLR Hotels, or go over to GardenWalk. Go see a movie, they validate parking. Go to House Of Blues and catch a concert. Hang out in the Hearthstone Lounge bar or with the Pianist in the Grand Californian lobby.

Go get dinner over at Tony Roma's or Mimi's Cafe across the street - and you can park there for free. (But DON'T leave the car in their lot and walk to Disneyland, it might be in the tow impound yard by the time you get back. Free parking For Customers Only.)

Go climb to the top level of the Mickey & Friends parking structure at 9:25 and watch the Fireworks from the backside - you can just catch the music drifting over from the park, and the BOOM! is a lot better.

You can find many FREE or inexpensive things to do without too much effort.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    Why would you spend the money a 3-day park hopper and then only go for "a couple of hours". I would either skip that day in the park all together or buy a 1 day pass.

Here's why...

Park Hopper Rebates?

• radiantly eccentric

Ouestion #1 I used "darkbeers" forum advice on using the fastpass system. I was able to ride all the fast pass rides @ both parks same day ( not grad night ) The spash Mountain "side" of the park is not busy in the Morning.
    Try this: FIRST:Get your fasspass for space Mountain . Note the Time at the bottom of the fasspass, This is when you can get a new fass pass.(Not your time to return to Space Mountain.) SECOND: Get your fass pass for Indy AT that Time on your Space Mtn Pass. Note your time on your Indy Ticket when you can get a new pass and enjoy that side of the park and wait to get the Splash Mtn Pass( it is worth It!). Dont Worry You Can Ride Space Mountain after your fasspass time range has expired, I never got turned away for being late. I just kept up this routine all day at both parks it was fun to work the sytem! Thanks Darkbeer!

• Disney aficionado

Ok.. right now I'm leaning to getting a 2 day park hopper. I don't want to wear out my wife with a 3 day park hopper and having to get up for Magic mornings.
    The reason I was thinking of opting for a 3 day hopper was to squeeze in a ride and the firework show on one day just to get them out of the way. + getting the magic morning.

However, if I have 2 days the "Magic Morning" loses some of its value since I'll have more time to experience all the attractions. The extra fireworks and hour isn't really necessary; I just didn't want to let one of the days of hopper go to waste.

ANYHOW, I have another Question!!!!

What is DCA and Disneyland like Friday evenings during the summer. I was thinking of using my 2nd day of my hopper between the hours of 4:00 and 11:00

• radiantly eccentric

On Fridays 4:00 pm is when it starts getting crowded, Mornings on fridays are lighter @ both parks. For That time range I would stay over @ DCA, they have a great Full Bar next to Ariels grotto... The Cove Bar perfect @ sundown!!!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

If you pick a hotel that is on the Anaheim Resort Transit shuttle bus lines, you won't get that tired out. You can leave your car at the hotel and use the shuttles all day for a flat fee that is less than the Parking Lot, go back to the Hotel for a short nap in the afternoon if needed.

The Magic Mornings are nice, but it only gets you one or two more rides... Then again, if you want to use that valuable early morning time with good light and very light crowds to run around taking Postcard grade pictures of the park, that's MUCH more valuable to some people.

(Hint: There are magical programs that can take multiple exposures taken from a tripod or monopod mounted camera and magically erase all the people from the shots - people move around, buildings don't.)

And get there earlier so you have most of the day in the park. Sleeping the night before is so over-rated.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Disney aficionado

On Friday, I was thinking of staying at DCA from like 4 to 8 and then heading over to Disneyland to ride rides instead of watching the fireworks.

At Disneyland I was thinking of doing the Jungle Cruise before the fireworks closer to evening, then doing Big Thunder mountain, the Matterhorn, and Space mountain while the fireworks are going on / shortly afterwards.

What is fantasyland like around 10 PM on Fridays?
    I can either:
    A.) Ride Peter Pan and Alice in wonderland first thing in the morning Thursday.
    B.) Ride them both after 10 PM on Friday.
    C.) Ride One first thing in the morning Thursday, and one after 10 PM on Friday.

• radiantly eccentric

Its still crowded but if you watch the firworks close by the castle you get into fantasyland first when they reopen... otherwise I wait to do it the last 45 mins before closing.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

For the love all things holy please do not start a thread asking about the Guest Assistance Card.

I realize that you are spending a significant amount of money on this trip and some advice from us can help you not waste money, but you need to mellow out just a bit. Your three days is enough to see a lot of the park and have a good time. It is plenty of time to ride every ride in both parks and walk the whole place. Ratchet it down a little, if you can. Disneyland is not about doing and seeing everything. (Especially if F! is scheduled during your visit.) It is about enjoying the atmosphere. (This is easy for me to say given that in my 40+ years I have been to the park several hundred times.) You are going to drive yourself and your wife crazy if you keep planning it so much.

You can ditch the parking hassles if you do as Bruce says and stay at a hotel on the transit line. If you really want to make it easy on yourself stay at HOJOs and all you have to do is walk across the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast