Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Re: More Questions about Disneyland Resort...

I find it a bit odd that you're so worried about the $12/day parking but are/were contemplating spending a significantly more amount of money on the 3rd day park hopper.

But aside from that, if you follow what both Bruce and Mousechild said - you'll be fine. Echoing Mousechild's thoughts, Disneyland - especially if you're going for 2 or more days - isn't about an obsessive-compulsive game plan: it's about atmosphere and enjoying what you can. Also, if you have 2 or 3 days, Magic Morning or not, you won't be wearing you or your wife out - even if you spend all day everyday at the parks. With the time allotment you have you can easily spend time in the shows and even taking coffee/soda breaks throughout the day; you won't need to be running and game-planning every second.

On my last visit - which I spent a large amount of money on, too - I only had one day at the park. Thankfully it was a cold and rainy Friday so the crowds were non-existent. I did walk a ton, go to every major attraction and several smaller ones in both parks, and I was worn out the next day. If I would have had 2 or 3 days I would have spent them all at the parks, but would have taken my pace much easier.

If you stay somewhere near the parks on the transit line, or close enough that you can walk across the street to DL, then you can also go every morning and evening/night and return to the hotel for a mid-day nap and swim. You'll be surprised at how relaxing and revitalzing that really is.

But going to the parks in four-hour increments, and using the free 3 hr DD parking, really isn't worth it, period. By doing this you'll be doing just as much running around and game-planning during each brief increment as you would have doing just one day, kind of defeating your purpose. The end result is that you'll have spent hundreds of dollars for $94 worth of time in the park, and in the end still feel cheated that even though you seemingly spent 3 days in Anaheim you didn't really get to see/do much of anything.

• Disney aficionado

hehe why dont you chill down a bit?
    I'm sorry if my posts may expand.. I'm flooding this board with lots of info though.

I may over think, yes, that is an obvious. This is my honeymoon though! Usually my overthinking saves me some time and money.
    I can see my overthinking is being counter productive here since I'm wasting more time than I am saving money, or saving time.

yes, you guys are talking sense into me.

Anyhow, I am going to go Wednesday 4 - 10, and Thursday June 17th & 18th now. Since Friday, seems to be a really busy night.

2 days.. easier pace = more rides = more honeymoon fun ;-)..
    Last edited by Yackerz; 03-22-2009 at 06:15 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    For the love all things holy please do not start a thread asking about the Guest Assistance Card.

Why not, he's covered EVERY other angle...

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    hehe why dont you chill down a bit?
    I'm sorry if my posts may expand.. I'm flooding this board with lots of info though.
    No one's upset your posts are expanding ... you asked questions and we are here to help! I'd just like to point out that we're flooding this board with thought-out information to your questions though, okie dokie?

When you ask a series of questions, and are ... eager ... about those questions, we want to help you have the best time possible! At the same time, it's bad form to ask us to 'chill down a bit' when we're just pointing some thing out are inconsistent; we only point these out because these inconsistancies may contradict some desires/questions/goals you stated earlier. Savvy, mate?

• Banned User

Let me tell you something about this world. Nothing is guaranteed, perfect, and once again guaranteed. Just go to the park, and have fun.

• Disney aficionado

I'd like to make it a great honeymoon, but I don't want to go broke doing it. Of course, I'm not going to go broke doing it or even close. (my fiancee is the one with the good job, so I like to spend her money wisely even though I'm paying for this trip with my money, but her money will be my money when we are married) I'm just a cheap skate, but a caring cheap skate.

For instance, I got my girlfriend a $1300 engagement ring (the one she picked out), which is a mediocre price for an engagement ring (expensive for me however). I did manage to buy the $1300 ring brand new off of someone on Craigs list for $500. My fiancee didn't care of course. Now it took me a couple months to find it, but i was patient.

For my honeymoon, my cheap skateness is fighting against my caringness, therefore you are seeing different sides of my personality in these posts. 2 day park hopper... that will be our ticket to a nice disneyland experience I believe.

I was going to buy some Boudin-brand sourdough to make my sandwiches, but it was $6.29, after tax. I, too, was patient, and waited out until I worked further down the isle to see the .89 cent Safeway-brand white bread.

Me being a Gemini naturally suggests that there are two different sides to my personality: hungry and cheap.

That is all. I am a used up Yoda.

First off, I want to say that I check this web page everyday to find out what is new with the parks and I really enjoy it. My question is, does anyone know anything about the underground tunnels at Disneyland or Disneyworld? How far underground are you while on Indy or Haunted Mansion? Is the elevator in the Haunted Mansion really lowering you down underground? I guess my interest is really, what is going on underground at the parks? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abrego13 View Post
    First off, I want to say that I check this web page everyday to find out what is new with the parks and I really enjoy it. My question is, does anyone know anything about the underground tunnels at Disneyland or Disneyworld? How far underground are you while on Indy or Haunted Mansion? Is the elevator in the Haunted Mansion really lowering you down underground? I guess my interest is really, what is going on underground at the parks? Thanks
    Welcome to MiceChat! If you use the search bar at the top, I'm sure you'll find numerous threads about the non-existent tunnel system at DL (yes, there are a couple short tunnels, but nothing like what you're thinking), the WDW utilidors, and the tunnel leading from the Fort on Tom Sawyer's Island to Walt's frozen head underneath the partners statue.

• radiantly eccentric

Ride Art http://www.RideArt.org route # 15 to and from yourAyres hotel to the park to save money on parking @ Mickey & Friends. Days pass about 3.50$ ??
    Read arkbeers" forum on fastpass secrets. To use the system to your advantage.
    You can even bring your own food and store in big lockers at the picinic area outside the entrance to both parks. This alone saves so much money.
    Take the train inside DL as much as possible to get to different "Lands", save the walking for DCA!!! have fun!!!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by abrego13 View Post
    There are a lot of short tunnels at Disneyland that were built for specific purposes, but it isn't a wide-ranging system like at Walt Disney World. There's one in Tomorrowland for the performers to get to the elevator mount Terrace Stage, and one they built a few years ago to get to the old Astro Orbitor/Rocket Rods tower.

There's still the elevator at the Hub (underneath the Partners Statue) from the 35th Anniversary "Gift Giver Machine" where the Geo Metro popped up - but whether it works anymore after sitting unused for 20 years...

And the New Orleans Main Kitchen is a huge basement spreading under most all of New Orleans Square, serving all the restaurants from below. All they have at ground level in the Restaurants is the serving lines, the true magic happens below the streets.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by MouselyGrateful View Post
    Ride Art http://www.RideArt.org route # 15 to and from yourAyres hotel to the park to save money on parking @ Mickey & Friends. Days pass about 3.50$ ??
    Read arkbeers" forum on fastpass secrets. To use the system to your advantage.
    You can even bring your own food and store in big lockers at the picinic area outside the entrance to both parks. This alone saves so much money.
    Take the train inside DL as much as possible to get to different "Lands", save the walking for DCA!!! have fun!!!
    The ART day pass is actually $4 now.

• Disney aficionado

Just curious about the ART.

Does it move really fast? Is it a bus or a monorail ?

haha How long would it take to go from Ayres hotel anaheim (near the angels stadium) to Disneyland? If you are on the early morning ART. How often does it pick you up? ..

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Just curious about the ART.

Does it move really fast? Is it a bus or a monorail ?

haha How long would it take to go from Ayres hotel anaheim (near the angels stadium) to Disneyland? If you are on the early morning ART. How often does it pick you up? ..
    The answers to those questions, and many more I'm sure you'll have, is on the website quoted above.

• Disney aficionado

Well I found that the ART only runs every 60 minutes to my hotel.. which is a big downer.. so I probably won't take it.

Secondly, it didn't list how long it would take to get from my hotel to disneyland? I'm guessing like 20 minutes?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast