Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: More Questions about Disneyland Resort...

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Just curious about the ART.

Does it move really fast? Is it a bus or a monorail ?

haha How long would it take to go from Ayres hotel anaheim (near the angels stadium) to Disneyland? If you are on the early morning ART. How often does it pick you up? ..

First-hand experience...

They use mostly "trollies" that are on wheels just like a bus. Some are open to the weather and some enclosed.

The FART system is often-times behind "schedule". The trollies are usually overcrowded, smell funny and have trash on the floors. Some of the drivers have been rude and some drive recklessly. Some hardly speak English.

Beware of their "lunchbreaks" during the day when there is no service.

All that (and more!) for $4/day per person. Such a deal!

Of course, your experience may vary...

Good luck! (you might need it!)

• Disney aficionado

Re: More Questions about Disneyland Resort...

Another Question:

What time is Pixar's play parade at DCA?

What time is the parade at Disneyland?

What areas of the park get closed down / congested during the play?

OK I answered my own question by looking on the disney site and finding something I havent found before:
    Pixar Play Parade time looks to be 5:40

Celebrate "A street Party": 3:30 p.m. 6:30 p.m.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 03-23-2009 at 02:39 PM.

• Disney aficionado

Best Way to Split 2 Days at DL / DCA

Sorry to start a new thread, but people give new threads more attention hehe.

Ok, all my planning for one day is kind of changing a bit now that I decided that I would like 2 days at the parks now.

I'll be at the park Wed, and Thursday June 17th, 18th
    I'll be spending 4 - 10:00 at the park the first day.
    Then spending the whole day (grad nite closing early) 8 AM - 9 PM at the park the 2nd day.

We'll be seeing the fireworks Wednesday and skipping Fantasmic! all together.

The rides at Disneyland we are going for are:
    Buzz, Indy (maybe twice), Sleeping Beauty Walk Through, Space Mountain (2 times), Matterhorn (2x once for each side), BTMRR, Splash Mountain, POTC, Pinnochio, Alice, Peter Pan

at DCA: Mulholland Madness, California Screamin' (2x), Soarin over california, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania

We'll probably skip all the shows unless we really need a break.

I'm not sure if its best to do all Disneyland the first day? DCA the first part of the first day then Disneyland? ...
    The second day, I'm thinking morning / early afternoon at Disneyland, then afternoon / early evening at DCA.?

How should I do this? All I know that it is nice now to have some non-rush time with 2 days compared to 1!

• Senior Minion

Re: Best Way to Split 2 Days at DL / DCA

I would only go to DCA in the middle of the second day. Get two DL fastpasses, ride a few things and then head to DCA. Get some a Soarin' FP when you enter DCA, head back to PP and do those rides without FPs then come back to the front of the park and you should be able to get a ToT fastpass by around then. Then ride Soarin', Monsters and a show or the Animation Academy, ride ToT and head back to DL. You should be able to do everything you want to cover and more at DCA in about 4 hours.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Sorry to start a new thread, but people give new threads more attention hehe.
    That is why threads evolve ... and those with new postings are bold-faced. If we all used this logic, then we would be starting new threads whenever we came up with a new angle on a topic, such as Mr. Lincoln, Frontierland vs. Tomorrowland, et cetera.

Not trying to be mean here, just trying to be helpful ... please don't overpost a bunch of new threads (you've done this a few times) and then keep promising you'll stick to one thread for your Disneyland questions. If people aren't answering some of your questions (as in your last thread) and the questions are of a nature that can be easily looked up yourself (such as parade times, route schedules for ART, et cetera), maybe you would find your posts more attention-gaining if you really needed our input/advice ... not just using us to do your most basic legwork. Again, I want to re-emphasize that I love helping people and answering questions ... and I've used this forum for that ... but it's also up to me (the vacation planner) to decide where to stay, how far it is, what benefits, and how *I* want to use *my* time that I bought with *my* money for *my* honeymoon.

Just an idea to assist you with your posts, k?
    Last edited by WJNM; 03-23-2009 at 05:02 PM.

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by WJNM View Post
    (as in your last thread) and the questions are of a nature that can be easily looked up yourself (such as parade times, route schedules for ART, et cetera), maybe you would find your posts more attention-gaining if you really needed our input/advice ... not just using us to do your most basic legwork.
    hey.. a lot of times I don't know where to find the answers to these questions. People don't provide me a specific page to look at, I have to dig around on sites where you guys know the answer off the top of your head.
    Would I waste an hour digging around on a site for an answer to my question, or post it on here where you guys can spend 1 minute answering? I looked a few places for parade times, I only found them when I tried something different on the Disneyland site. I am still not sure of those are the correct parade times. As for the ART schedule, I had to open up a PDF file in a window that was absurdly small to figure it out (there was no way to resize it). Not until I managed to save the PDF file to my desktop and open it up in adobe acrobat reader did I manage to make sense of the schedule and routes (POOR site design). That took me about 30 minutes worth of work. So these questions aren't "Easily" found.
    I do look before asking.

Little questions like that I post in the same thread, but to me this is a new topic. As is what people think about Fantasmic! Would you want 199 replies to be in the same thread as my questions about my honeymoon? What about the best 3d movie in the park (another thread of mine)? Another 50+ reply thread. In fact my post was featured on the MiceChat newsletter thing in a little blurb. Also, I have a seperate post on Universal in the SoCal Travel planning forum. That obviously doesn't fit with more "more questions on Disneyland resort thread".

OK maybe, I could have combined my park hopper threads. I admit that. However, my 2nd park hopper thread really has nothing at all to do with the first one and is more of a review of 3 day vs. 2 day vs. 1 day park hoppers rather than a question. Also, my Magic Morning thread has a poll on it asking people to vote on the value of a Magic Morning. Kind of related, yes? But I can't add a poll to an already created thread!

Finally, maybe I could use the search feature and find answers to my questions and similiar posts in the past, yes. However, people forget about these posts; new people have new information, and I want current information not antiquated changed things. The search feature is also tedious and time consuming to use. I have used it at times though :-P

hey.. a lot of times I don't know where to find the answers to these questions. People don't provide me a specific page to look at, I have to dig around on sites where you guys know the answer off the top of your head.
    Would I waste an hour digging around on a site for an answer to my question, or post it on here where you guys can spend 1 minute answering? I looked a few places for parade times, I only found them when I tried something different on the Disneyland site. I am still not sure of those are the correct parade times. As for the ART schedule, I had to open up a PDF file in a window that was absurdly small to figure it out (there was no way to resize it). Not until I managed to save the PDF file to my desktop and open it up in adobe acrobat reader did I manage to make sense of the schedule and routes (POOR site design). That took me about 30 minutes worth of work. So these questions aren't "Easily" found.
    I do look before asking.

Little questions like that I post in the same thread, but to me this is a new topic. As is what people think about Fantasmic! Would you want 199 replies to be in the same thread as my questions about my honeymoon? What about the best 3d movie in the park (another thread of mine)? Another 50+ reply thread. In fact my post was featured on the MiceChat newsletter thing in a little blurb. Also, I have a seperate post on Universal in the SoCal Travel planning forum. That obviously doesn't fit with more "more questions on Disneyland resort thread".

OK maybe, I could have combined my park hopper threads. I admit that. However, my 2nd park hopper thread really has nothing at all to do with the first one and is more of a review of 3 day vs. 2 day vs. 1 day park hoppers rather than a question. Also, my Magic Morning thread has a poll on it asking people to vote on the value of a Magic Morning. Kind of related, yes? But I can't add a poll to an already created thread!

Finally, maybe I could use the search feature and find answers to my questions and similiar posts in the past, yes. However, people forget about these posts; new people have new information, and I want current information not antiquated changed things. The search feature is also tedious and time consuming to use. I have used it at times though :-P
    Okie dokie ...

• Disney aficionado

... I do have this option as well.

Friday I could go to the parks from around 12:30 PM - 11:00 PM
    Instead of doing the Wednesday option from 4 - 10:00 PM.
    I figured the parks will be packed Friday afternoon and night though, and not very much fun :-\.

• Disney aficionado

Okie dokie ...
    Anyhow, thanks for trying to keep me honest and brief. I can be a bit wordy and obsessive, and you are right my searching skills were getting less and less determined as I began to rely on you guys for answers.

Anyhow, thanks for trying to keep me honest and brief. I can be a bit wordy and obsessive, and you are right my searching skills were getting less and less determined as I began to rely on you guys for answers.
    No harm no foul, mate. I really DO understand this is a very big vacation for you guys ... especially being your honeymoon and all. Some things that do concern me, if I may, isn't even the questioning ... but it seems like you are relying ALOT on others' opinions of shows/attractions and times and whatnot to plan your vacation.

I'm not saying you don't have to have somewhat of a plan ... you do ... you don't want to be the stereotypical tourist standing in Main Street at opening while everyone rushes past to Space Mountain, but trust me when I say this: you do have to have a degree of ... relaxation ... to fully enjoy the park. You're hitting the big rides (and planning to hit them more than once) which is okay, but you're missing out on a TON of the atmosphere and smaller delights that make Disneyland what it is. With your two days there, you have plenty of time to discover what you DO like ... including your OWN perspectives on Fantasmic! and RDCT.

Just an idea.

• Im the fun mommy :)

word to the wise.......... once you get into the park you might as well throw all your details and plans to the wind. I am a planner, a big one like you and have over done the planning so much it was maddening. seriously, the minute you hit the park throw out your plans and go have fun.All your planning will most assuredly fail for reasons beyond your control!.If I have learned anything its to take some info you really need abou certain things ( and Im sure your loaded down now with info), and throw caution to the wind and just stick both feet in and play. with all your threads your confusing your self with so many details and questions and plans. My very first trip I planned and planned like you, OMG it was crazy the threads I started. then when I hit the park I froze, I mean I had so many plans that I was bogged down. what I learned was ...... A. it was confusing trying to figure it all out with tons of people in my way.. B what I thought was my ride plan turned out to not be my ride plan. some rides were broken down, some had wait times so long it was stupid to stand and wait as I was missing out on other rides. go, get in what you can, remember plans do go astray, and just go with the flow. Is your soon to be wife as crazy a planner as you? oh and one more thing......... never say you will not be going back to disneyland, I said that ............ and have gone so many times now its not funny LOL! Disneyland and WDW is an adicting habbit !!!!!!!!!!
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Disney aficionado

I'm not saying you don't have to have somewhat of a plan ... you do ... you don't want to be the stereotypical tourist standing in Main Street at opening while everyone rushes past to Space Mountain, but trust me when I say this: you do have to have a degree of ... relaxation ... to fully enjoy the park.
    Just an idea.
    You do have to understand that I'm only 24 and my wife is only 22. Therefore we do have a good deal of energy and the bigger thrill attractions appeal more to us. We do have dinner plans for the blue bayou. Also plans for a lot of slower rides like POTC, Pinnochio, Peter pan, Alice, and the castle walk through. I'm also planning on stopping by the Disney animation studio. (these details though I just figure aren't that important to list).. I'd also like to go on the Jungle cruise at night if we have time. We are going to see RDCT. We both watched the Fantasmic! video together and even though I asked for your guys opinion; I am not going to follow it. I'm making decisions for myself. Just given my variables I want to make good decisions.

For the longest time I was planning on only going for 1 day. Thanks to micechat I will be going to Disneyland / DCA 2 days.

Now, i do have another option because I am clueless what is better to do. Spend more time in the park on a busy Friday 12:30 to 10:30. Or on a Wednesday spend less time 4 - 10:00.

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    in what you can, remember plans do go astray, and just go with the flow. Is your soon to be wife as crazy a planner as you? oh and one more thing......... never say you will not be going back to disneyland,
    hehe maybe when I am old I'll go again in my 60s and retired, but it will be different then.

Well, I can still use my planning to collect fastpasses, no some options on which rides to ride first in the morning. Once it gets busy, it all goes to crap I'm sure. As that part of my plan is just kind of ride this ride this ride and this ride.

What I am trying to figure out now is it better to go for more time on a Friday 12:30 PM to 11 PM or from 4 PM - 10 PM on a Wednesday?

Reason why Wednesday hours are shorter is because we are going to get up Thursday early to get to the parks, so I don't want to stay out too late. Friday, we are planning on sleeping in some and going out to eat for lunch.

You do have to understand that I'm only 24 and my wife is only 22. Therefore we do have a good deal of energy and the bigger thrill attractions appeal more to us. We do have dinner plans for the blue bayou. Also plans for a lot of slower rides like POTC, Pinnochio, Peter pan, Alice, and the castle walk through. I'm also planning on stopping by the Disney animation studio. (these details though I just figure aren't that important to list).. I'd also like to go on the Jungle cruise at night if we have time. We are going to see RDCT. We both watched the Fantasmic! video together and even though I asked for your guys opinion; I am not going to follow it. I'm making decisions for myself. Just given my variables I want to make good decisions.

For the longest time I was planning on only going for 1 day. Thanks to micechat I will be going to Disneyland / DCA 2 days.

Now, i do have another option because I am clueless what is better to do. Spend more time in the park on a busy Friday 12:30 to 10:30. Or on a Wednesday spend less time 4 - 10:00.
    I'm 26 ... and felt the same way I do now even at 16. Age has nothing to do with it. It has to do with understanding the value of the place you're visiting, which is why ... even at 24, I could understand the value of fun and hidden treasures with friends at Disneyland, the value of a solo drive along the coast to Seattle, and the history behind the sights in Jerusalem.

• Im the fun mommy :)

hehe maybe when I am old I'll go again in my 60s and retired, but it will be different then.
    I can promise you one thing.......... you and the wife will be planning another trip as soon as you get back , age ? nothing to do with age, I have 4 kids and my hubby and I are just as crazy a park goer as the little ones ( more really) and we run from morning until night. ( not this next trip, we are taking it easy.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast