Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• Disney aficionado

More Questions about Disneyland Resort...

I'm going to try to keep all my posts and questions directed at this one thread from now on as advice someone gave me. Everytime I have a question I will post it and then give it a number. If anytime you want to answer a question. Just say the question # and your answer.

Question:

1.) I'm planning on getting a fastpass for Indy and space in the morning at disneyland. By the time I make it to splash I am estimating it to be around 9:30 - 10:00. How much of a line will be there then? Is it worth getting a fastpass for splash?

2.) What is the best way to get to Mickey and Friends from East Katella Avenue near the angel stadium? How long will it take?

3.) What time do I want to get to Mickey and Friends to get into the park before they open up?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: More Questions about Disneyland Resort...

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    I'm going to try to keep all my posts and questions directed at this one thread from now on as advice someone gave me. Everytime I have a question I will post it and then give it a number. If anytime you want to answer a question. Just say the question # and your answer.

Question:

1.) I'm planning on getting a fastpass for Indy and space in the morning at disneyland. By the time I make it to splash I am estimating it to be around 9:30 - 10:00. How much of a line will be there then? Is it worth getting a fastpass for splash? Splash mountain doesn't have that long of a line til it warm up quite a bit. I'd be surprised if it were more than 20 minutes.

2.) What is the best way to get to Mickey and Friends from East Katella Avenue near the angel stadium? How long will it take?Katella to Magic Way make a right. You will pass everything then make a U-Turn at Ball road. Sometimes you can make a left before Ball road, signs will be up if it is open.

3.) What time do I want to get to Mickey and Friends to get into the park before they open up?If it opens at 9, I'd get there no later than 8:15.
    Hope this helps!!

• Disney aficionado

What if it opens by 8:00 ?

I can't seem to follow magic way anywhere near mickey and friends on google maps?

I'm on East Katella... I see where Disneyland is.. and I see where mickey and friends.

Google Maps tells me to go west on Katella and then get on the Santa Ana Freeway (Highway 5),
    Take Exit 110 for Ball Rd. / Harbor Blvd, Take South Harbor Blvd North, Take a left onto West Ball Road, Hang a left onto South Disneyland Drive.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 03-11-2009 at 04:06 PM.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by yackerz View Post
    what if it opens by 8:00 ?
    7:15

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Here's my 2 cents

LOL, dude, I hope your soon-to-be-wife is just as passionate about planning as you are! I'm exhausted just READING all the posts.

anyway, I always go into the mickey and friends structure traveling west on Ball rd. If you are staying near katella and the stadium, go north on St. College Blvd (about a mile) then left on Ball Rd. real easy and well signed. travel about 2 miles and just over the bridge you'll see a signal for Cast Place, the 2nd signal is for Disney Way. Stay in the left lanes to get into the structure, the right lanes will take you to downtown disney and back to Katella. I've seen may cars scrambling for left and right lanes, the signage comes up quickly and people are slow readers.
    Helpful hint (maybe) if the left turn off of ball rd onto disney way is really backed up, I have gone thru the intersection, spun a u turn then made a right turn on disney way, (right turns on red lights are legal in California) it seemed faster provided there wasnt a bunch of oncoming traffic that made the u turn a mistake (thats happened too). Its a roll of the dice. good luck
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Disney aficionado

thanks tom.. no she does not hahaha... but im also a loser and she has a job that makes money.. i'm just a substitute teacher.

I do like the idea of St. College Blvd. That looks to be equally as quick and a more relaxing drive than getting on the Santa Ana Freeway and then getting off right away.

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    I do like the idea of St. College Blvd. That looks to be equally as quick and a more relaxing drive than getting on the Santa Ana Freeway and then getting off right away.
    yes, Katella west then onto the fwy is complicated and busy in the morning, I think the way I described will be just fine.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Sock Puppet

Maybe I missed it, (with all of your threads that wouldn't be too hard! j/k) but are you going to be at the Park for just one day?

And is that one day a Grad Nite day in June? (shortened hours, summer season)

If so, might I suggest a Plan B... (just in case your master plan doesn't work out)

Pick a handful of "must-do's", get there at opening (and stay til closing), get them done as soon as you can (or when they are scheduled to, like the parade or fireworks) and then spend the rest of the day and evening doing whatever else you can or want to.

Yes, it really can be that easy!

With (if) only one day which is during the summer and shortened due to Grad Nite, you will be running around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to do everything in your threads! (especially if there are unexpected shut-downs, and more than likely there will be)

Sure, your minute-by-minute schedule that you are working on might help out with the headless chicken scenario, but you also might want to check out some of the scenery, smells, sights, and ambiance that the Park has to offer.

Plus, if something catches your eye that you didn't have on your itinerary, rather than making sure that you get to Splash at 1:37pm, you might want to take a break from your schedule and do that instead.

I can understand you wanting to try and get the most out of your day by scheduling everything right down to the minute, but I hope you have "holes" in your schedule to stop and enjoy some of the other features of the Park.

At the end of the day I'd hate to see you and your beautiful bride all of a sudden realize that it is time to leave and you didn't experience anything but running from ride to ride to show to another ride.

No one can predict the crowds, the wait times, and the inevitable shut downs that might occur in order to make a "perfect" schedule.

Just my thoughts...

Enjoy!

• we jumped out a window

I know you didn't ask about this, Yackerz but I thought it might be some info you might want to know, seeing as how it's not possible to overload you with info

When I went to the park last Sat, I stopped by Indy to get a fastpass and possibly ride on standby. However, it wasn't opened yet and neither were the fastpass machines. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen and I've also seen Indy close down in the middle of the day many, many times.

My usual plan of attack is to get an FP for Indy and then dash off to Splash Mountain (for as many as 5 consecutive rides!!!) and so considering that I've been to DLR 15 times in the past 6 months, that's a decent sample size, wouldn't you say? (haha, you're not the only one with a statistics background).

I've also seen Space Mountain close down a few times along with the fastpass machines so be wary of that as well.

• always, the freaky cat

Either State College or the freeway has got to be better than making that u-turn on Magic Way (or whatever the name of that street is, I still call it West St.). Sometimes there's a backup of cars making that u-turn and you have to wait through 2 or 3 cycles of the signal light--and those are long cycles.

• Disney aficionado

ya I'll prob go the state college way to ball road to get to Mickey & Friends..

Really when it comes down to it guys.. I am planning on spending the day from 8 to close (9 since its a grad nite). I only have a day unless I get 2 days worth of free passes. I don't want to go 2 days because I want to put some relaxation into the honeymoon, if you know what I mean . 7 Day honeymoon all together. Highlight of each day: Day 1 Arrive at SNA / Hollywood, 2 Disneyland, 3 the Beach, 4 Sequoia National Park, 5 Yosemite National Park, 6 More Yosemite / Bodie Ghost town.. Day 7 We'll be traveling back to SNA.

I have a good many rides I want to go on, but very little else as it comes to shows. We want to see the fireworks if they have them at 8:45 as they did last year on a June grad nite. Other than that, show wise my fiancee and I are both not really interested, Fantasmic! included.
    This opens up more ride time and just enjoy the park time.

Total rides on my Must Do list are 8 rides at Disneyland + the Castle Tour.
    Total rides on my Must Do list for DCA are 5.
    Also fireworks are a must.

I'm sure if we are there from rope drop till close at 9:00 we'll have a little time to stop and smell the flowers.

The reason why I am trying to be so organized is.. I want to have more time to stop and smell the flowers. My organization is not because I'm trying to cram every ride in the park onto my list.

My fiancee and I have viewed videos of every ride / every show. Checked out the fan ratings on rides as done by a survey not too long ago on here. We picked the rides we most want to do.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 03-12-2009 at 02:34 PM.

• Rock Star Minion

Don't do the fireworks.

Just watch them.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disney aficionado

typo sorry . we'll leave the doing for behind closed doors

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    don't do the fireworks.

Just watch them.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

If you want to optimize your time, try Ridemax, RideMax - Planning Software for Walt Disney World and Disneyland . It can help you work out a schedule and strategy. I used it, and found that playing around with options, and printing out different plans works well. They have some useful hints also. Even with a poor exchange rate, I found the cost of about US$15 worth it.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast