Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    • My Haunted Mansion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    82

    Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    We've got a family trip planned for the first three days after Easter (from what I can tell the tail-end of spring breaks) So I'm expecting it to be fairly busy at the DLR. But since our son is only 2 (barely 35") and I'm pregnant most of the thrill rides are out. My husband might go on BTMRR, and Space Mtn with my sister's family, but our focus is probably gonna be all the "other" rides. So here's my question...
    Are we going to be able to see everything else in that much time?
    I haven't been to the resort when they're busy with less than 5 days in so long that I'm not sure what I can get done and what I can't in a three day trip any more. Adventureland is major major deal for us. The boy loves the Tiki room, and the jungle cruise, and I'm looking forward to taking him through the treehouse for the first time. Of course we've got to spend time in FL & toon town. Mostly FL with the new small world, casey jr., and storybook land as priorities. I haven't seen the subs yet either and would really like to see them. And there are some things that we really like over in DCA. Muppetvision, bugs land, and the boy has really gotten into playhouse disney lately, so i'm thinking seeing PHD-live has got to be done too. Has my list already gotten too long for a spring break three day trip? or will we be able to squeeze in some other stuff with that list too?
    TIA

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    101

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    I have done DL during Spring Break twice and although it is extremely crowded - I think you will be able to get everything in. Especially if you are not going for the big thrill rides. Enjoy FL first thing in the morning - if you have a MM be sure and use it. You will also want to do Nemo first thing as the line can get long very fast. Just remember to take your time and enjoy each day. Be prepared for the crowds - the parade and Fantasmic are crazy crowded. But as long as you know that ahead of time and can deal with large groups of people you will be ok. Have Fun!!!!
    Deedlebug

  3. #3

    • My Haunted Mansion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    82

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Yeah, we do have a MM, it'll be Tuesday. Last time we went to MM we pretty much used it up while in line for Peter Pan. I think I'd rather get all the others (in FL) in and skip PP if we have to, or just hit it very first thing in the morning another day. Fantasmic hasn't been showing up on the on-line daily calendar yet, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it doesn't happen. The biggest crowd that we got caught in last trip was the fantasmic crowd while trying to get from critter country to main st. although now I've learned my lesson and will know better than to get back into that part of the park on a fantasmic night. And "I know, I know" just because fantasmic isn't on the calendar yet, doesn't mean it won't happen. I'll be checking the show times guide when we get there to be sure.
    Anybody know if there is a thread that tells what rides in FL are open for MM?
    Thanks again

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    236

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    I think you just have enough time...You're so unlucky because you can't enjoy all the rides...lol
    Music is my LIFE!!!

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    426

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Everything near the castle is open for MM. Storybook, Casey Jr. and Small World aren't.

  6. #6

    • My Haunted Mansion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    82

    Talking Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Quote Originally Posted by jagass View Post
    I think you just have enough time...You're so unlucky because you can't enjoy all the rides...lol
    Yeah, we were planning on going in september of this year instead of spring, but then we got pregnant and the baby is due in september, so we're going during spring break with my sister's family instead. It has taken quite a while to get pregnant so I can't complain too much. Since this is our last shot to go before summer, and before I get really cranky, we're taking it. I am really looking forward to the two year old's reactions. He was fun when we took him at 7 months, but I can just hardly wait for this trip. He's a lot more likely to recognise things and hopefully he'll get excited about more than just seeing Mickey and anything with water, which were his big deals last time. About the only things I'd like to ride and really am not supposed to are splash mtn, and soarin', I've been enough in the past that I won't miss the big rides this trip. But NEXT time...

  7. #7

    • My Haunted Mansion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    82

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Everything near the castle is open for MM. Storybook, Casey Jr. and Small World aren't.
    <eye roll> of course not, the three I'm most interested in...
    Oh well, we'll still make the most of that time, I'm sure.
    Thanks for the info!

  8. #8

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,371

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Pennies View Post
    We've got a family trip planned for the first three days after Easter (from what I can tell the tail-end of spring breaks)
    No, this is the full brunt of Spring Break. Please plan accordingly.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  9. #9

    • My Haunted Mansion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    82

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    No, this is the full brunt of Spring Break. Please plan accordingly.
    Oh trust me we're expecting summer time crowds. But from reading the spring break postings, there were LOTS of schools that were having spring break in march or the week before rather than the week after easter. I hadn't seen any postings for a spring break after the week after easter...Maybe I just didn't read the thread long enough.

  10. #10

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,371

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Pennies View Post
    Oh trust me we're expecting summer time crowds. But from reading the spring break postings, there were LOTS of schools that were having spring break in march or the week before rather than the week after easter. I hadn't seen any postings for a spring break after the week after easter...Maybe I just didn't read the thread long enough.
    Well, the number of STUDENTS neerds to be taken into account, not just number of districts. Where was LAUSD on that? (I know, I posted it, but posted it so I wouldn't have to remember.) (BRB.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  11. #11

    • My Haunted Mansion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    82

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    I only remember one of the "tracks" in year round school being at the same time, i thought most of the rest were either before or after. I was just trying to re-read the thread and was getting a broken link, I"ll try again too.

  12. #12

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,371

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Pennies View Post
    I only remember one of the "tracks" in year round school being at the same time, i thought most of the rest were either before or after. I was just trying to re-read the thread and was getting a broken link, I"ll try again too.
    Yes, and I don't know the distribution of year-rounds to single-tracks, and then within the year-rounds which track is bigger than the others.
    Oh, well.
    Note, though that DL is open until midnight that week. The folks at TDA have an accurate idea of school vacations and their effect on park attendance, so any research we could do has likely been done by them.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  13. #13

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,371

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Found it: LAUSD single-track schedule has the week before easter off.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  14. #14

    • My Haunted Mansion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    82

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Yes, and I don't know the distribution of year-rounds to single-tracks, and then within the year-rounds which track is bigger than the others.
    Oh, well.
    Note, though that DL is open until midnight that week. The folks at TDA have an accurate idea of school vacations and their effect on park attendance, so any research we could do has likely been done by them.
    Very true.
    when I went back and looked there were two tracks on the year round that are out the week after. But even if year round school is pretty small, I'm sure it's going to be pretty dang busy. Park hours are 8-midnight, with the MM starting at 7 (I'm going to do my best to rouse the husband and get us down there in time for that) Plus they have fireworks every night, and parades in DL every day. Also big clues of busy-ness. It does give me hope that Fantasmic hasn't shown up on the calendar...yet. Another spark of hope I have is that when I called to make preferred seating arrangements for the Blue Bayou (last week maybe earlier this week?) it was wide open (at least for lunch) on both Monday the 13th and Wednesday the 15th of April. Which seems a bit slow for just over 30 days out. But all this is why my "wish list" is so short for a three day trip, with no big rides. I'm hoping that by avoiding what are generally the bigger draws we'll be able to do a lot more of the "little" stuff. Although I'm afraid Nemo & small world are still going to take up pretty big chunks of time. We'll see. I'll try to get some good pictures this trip, and post them. ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!!

  15. #15

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,371

    Re: Spring Break, but w/o the thrill rides?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Pennies View Post
    Very true.
    when I went back and looked there were two tracks on the year round that are out the week after. But even if year round school is pretty small, I'm sure it's going to be pretty dang busy. Park hours are 8-midnight, with the MM starting at 7 (I'm going to do my best to rouse the husband and get us down there in time for that) Plus they have fireworks every night, and parades in DL every day. Also big clues of busy-ness. It does give me hope that Fantasmic hasn't shown up on the calendar...yet. Another spark of hope I have is that when I called to make preferred seating arrangements for the Blue Bayou (last week maybe earlier this week?) it was wide open (at least for lunch) on both Monday the 13th and Wednesday the 15th of April. Which seems a bit slow for just over 30 days out. But all this is why my "wish list" is so short for a three day trip, with no big rides. I'm hoping that by avoiding what are generally the bigger draws we'll be able to do a lot more of the "little" stuff. Although I'm afraid Nemo & small world are still going to take up pretty big chunks of time. We'll see. I'll try to get some good pictures this trip, and post them. ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!!
    1. Go yourself with your kid, let Dad sleep in. (Leave him a lot of stuff to carry, though.)
    2. Blue Bayou is not the draw it once was. High prices and poor service will do that. We'll want to know for sure if that's the case, though.
    3. Big draws do not suck guests up like they used to, before FastPass was introduced.
    4. Nemo will take up more time than Small World. Mainly, the guest throughput is so much higher at IASW, that a physically long line will not take nearly as long in time than the Nemo line will. And the new IASW changes make it not repeatable for a larage base of the guests.
    5. I'm sure you'll have fun regardless of my gloom and doom, Eeyore-style posts. With three days, you can hit the big non-big attractions -- Nemo and Peter Pan, mostly -- one day each.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] No More Thrill Rides for You!
    By Witches of Morva in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 05:21 AM
  2. Thrill Ride Marathon - how to do 8 or more WDW rides in one day...?
    By horseradish in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
  3. Does a theme park need dangerous thrill rides?
    By Beatle_johnny in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 03:36 PM
  4. Spring Break?
    By iCoaster in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 08:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •