View Poll Results: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

18 22.78%
  • Splash Mountain

19 24.05%
  • Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror

13 16.46%
  • Soaring Over California

13 16.46%
  • The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure

3 3.80%
  • Star Tours or Indy

5 6.33%
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

1 1.27%
  • It's A Small World

1 1.27%
  • Rockin' Space Mountain / Rockin California Screamin' (rumor is it might happen again)

1 1.27%
  • Other

5 6.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

The music in any given attraction is always a key element that makes it enjoyable and endearing. Obviously, Walt set a high value on the melodic content of his attractions ..and this standard is carried forward to this day. What are your favorite rides with a melodic atmosphere ..counting the coming Little Mermaid ride which will include the songs Under the Sea, Kiss the Girl, Poor Unfortunate Souls, and Fathoms Below.

a poll will be up soon
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

Pirates, no doubt about it - one of the reasons it remains the class attraction of the resort.

HM is good too in that regard. I loved SM's original Dick Dale track, haven't ridden it since its refurb.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Rawr...

Oh, Splash Mountain without a doubt. Even the mood music in Critter Country really sets the mood.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Either TOT or, as IndyJn said, Splash Mountain. The entire land revolves basically around that one attraction, so there is a ton of atmosphere surrounding that ride.

• Banned User

I really cannot decide between HM, Splash, Pirates, and Indy. But hey, I guess if I had to pick one it would be Splash because it's so upbeat.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511 View Post
    Oh, Splash Mountain without a doubt. Even the mood music in Critter Country really sets the mood.
    Something about that ride.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    I really cannot decide between HM, Splash, Pirates, and Indy. But hey, I guess if I had to pick one it would be Splash because it's so upbeat.

Same reason I chose Splash.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Haunted Mansion, as the music has so many iterations...from eerie and subdued in the loading area, to the formal ballroom waltz, to the graveyard jamboree version...overall, the sound design in HM is exquisite.

Pirates of the caribbean is the best...
    thanE

• Fancy that...

I'm gonna go with Haunted Mansion. Though Small World would be my second choice for this. Sure, It's chorus can drive people insane, but it's amazing how that one song can be made different for each culture or scene. Before they asked the sherman bro's to do the music, didn't they test the ride out with each country singing their national anthem, and it sounded terrible?

• =)

I'm sorry, but this is a very weird poll, IMO. HM and ToT combined? No Indy? No Space Mountain? And why is Thunder Mountain on there? There's only music in the queue. If we're including that, the Matterhorn should be on there, too!

Furthermore, TLM really shouldn't be on here. We don't know how the songs (and score?) are going to be used in the attraction. We know there'll be the big musical numbers, yes, but the arrangements could be poor. Unlikely, but we just don't know yet. Will there be orchestral music between scenes? Will it be good? All these questions are unanswered, and thus I don't think it should be on the poll at all.

A moot point, though, perhaps - I don't think I'm going to be able to vote. HM, Pirates, Indy, Space Mountain, and Soarin' would all be tied for me at the moment. Anyway, sorry to be complaining, but I'm just not seeing the logic here.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is a very weird poll, IMO. HM and ToT combined? No Indy? No Space Mountain? And why is Thunder Mountain on there? There's only music in the queue. If we're including that, the Matterhorn should be on there, too!

Furthermore, TLM really shouldn't be on here. We don't know how the songs (and score?) are going to be used in the attraction. We know there'll be the big musical numbers, yes, but the arrangements could be poor. Unlikely, but we just don't know yet. Will there be orchestral music between scenes? Will it be good? All these questions are unanswered, and thus I don't think it should be on the poll at all.

A moot point, though, perhaps - I don't think I'm going to be able to vote. HM, Pirates, Indy, Space Mountain, and Soarin' would all be tied for me at the moment. Anyway, sorry to be complaining, but I'm just not seeing the logic here.
    No prob. I have asked the mods to add Indy as I accidentally left it off. in the meantime, those that prefer Indy can check "Other" or anything not in the poll.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Haunted Mansion, as the music has so many iterations...from eerie and subdued in the loading area, to the formal ballroom waltz, to the graveyard jamboree version...overall, the sound design in HM is exquisite.
    The haunted mansion does have the most complexly arrangmed tunes and mood music.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    I'm gonna go with Haunted Mansion. Though Small World would be my second choice for this. Sure, It's chorus can drive people insane, but it's amazing how that one song can be made different for each culture or scene. Before they asked the sherman bro's to do the music, didn't they test the ride out with each country singing their national anthem, and it sounded terrible?
    Perish the thought of each country wailing out their repecteive anthems. LOL!

• =)

I wouldn't say HM's music is the most complex, no. It's fairly straightforward (and brilliant!) stuff. The orchestral music in Pirates is more complex than that, as are the scores to Soarin' over California, Indy, Star Tours, and so forth. HM is actually nearer to the bottom of the barrel in terms of complexity. Which just goes to show you that less can sometimes be more.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The haunted mansion does have the most complexly arrangmed tunes and mood music.

Perish the thought of each country wailing out their repecteive anthems. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I wouldn't say HM's music is the most complex, no. It's fairly straightforward (and brilliant!) stuff. The orchestral music in Pirates is more complex than that, as are the scores to Soarin' over California, Indy, Star Tours, and so forth. HM is actually nearer to the bottom of the barrel in terms of complexity. Which just goes to show you that less can sometimes be more.
    Less can indeed be more! Let's just say that the Disneyland resort overflows with attractions with brilliantly orchestrated entertaining musical arrangements.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast