View Poll Results: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

    18 22.78%
  • Splash Mountain

    19 24.05%
  • Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror

    13 16.46%
  • Soaring Over California

    13 16.46%
  • The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure

    3 3.80%
  • Star Tours or Indy

    5 6.33%
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

    1 1.27%
  • It's A Small World

    1 1.27%
  • Rockin' Space Mountain / Rockin California Screamin' (rumor is it might happen again)

    1 1.27%
  • Other

    5 6.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    The music in any given attraction is always a key element that makes it enjoyable and endearing. Obviously, Walt set a high value on the melodic content of his attractions ..and this standard is carried forward to this day. What are your favorite rides with a melodic atmosphere ..counting the coming Little Mermaid ride which will include the songs Under the Sea, Kiss the Girl, Poor Unfortunate Souls, and Fathoms Below.

    a poll will be up soon
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #2

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Pirates, no doubt about it - one of the reasons it remains the class attraction of the resort.

    HM is good too in that regard. I loved SM's original Dick Dale track, haven't ridden it since its refurb.

    -- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  3. #3

    • Rawr...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Oh, Splash Mountain without a doubt. Even the mood music in Critter Country really sets the mood.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518


    Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    624

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Either TOT or, as IndyJn said, Splash Mountain. The entire land revolves basically around that one attraction, so there is a ton of atmosphere surrounding that ride.



  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    1,110

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    I really cannot decide between HM, Splash, Pirates, and Indy. But hey, I guess if I had to pick one it would be Splash because it's so upbeat.

  6. #6

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511 View Post
    Oh, Splash Mountain without a doubt. Even the mood music in Critter Country really sets the mood.
    Something about that ride.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  7. #7

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    I really cannot decide between HM, Splash, Pirates, and Indy. But hey, I guess if I had to pick one it would be Splash because it's so upbeat.

    Same reason I chose Splash.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  8. #8

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,997

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Haunted Mansion, as the music has so many iterations...from eerie and subdued in the loading area, to the formal ballroom waltz, to the graveyard jamboree version...overall, the sound design in HM is exquisite.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Pirates of the caribbean is the best...
    thanE

  10. #10

    • Fancy that...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    I'm gonna go with Haunted Mansion. Though Small World would be my second choice for this. Sure, It's chorus can drive people insane, but it's amazing how that one song can be made different for each culture or scene. Before they asked the sherman bro's to do the music, didn't they test the ride out with each country singing their national anthem, and it sounded terrible?

  11. #11

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    I'm sorry, but this is a very weird poll, IMO. HM and ToT combined? No Indy? No Space Mountain? And why is Thunder Mountain on there? There's only music in the queue. If we're including that, the Matterhorn should be on there, too!

    Furthermore, TLM really shouldn't be on here. We don't know how the songs (and score?) are going to be used in the attraction. We know there'll be the big musical numbers, yes, but the arrangements could be poor. Unlikely, but we just don't know yet. Will there be orchestral music between scenes? Will it be good? All these questions are unanswered, and thus I don't think it should be on the poll at all.

    A moot point, though, perhaps - I don't think I'm going to be able to vote. HM, Pirates, Indy, Space Mountain, and Soarin' would all be tied for me at the moment. Anyway, sorry to be complaining, but I'm just not seeing the logic here.


  12. #12

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is a very weird poll, IMO. HM and ToT combined? No Indy? No Space Mountain? And why is Thunder Mountain on there? There's only music in the queue. If we're including that, the Matterhorn should be on there, too!

    Furthermore, TLM really shouldn't be on here. We don't know how the songs (and score?) are going to be used in the attraction. We know there'll be the big musical numbers, yes, but the arrangements could be poor. Unlikely, but we just don't know yet. Will there be orchestral music between scenes? Will it be good? All these questions are unanswered, and thus I don't think it should be on the poll at all.

    A moot point, though, perhaps - I don't think I'm going to be able to vote. HM, Pirates, Indy, Space Mountain, and Soarin' would all be tied for me at the moment. Anyway, sorry to be complaining, but I'm just not seeing the logic here.
    No prob. I have asked the mods to add Indy as I accidentally left it off. in the meantime, those that prefer Indy can check "Other" or anything not in the poll.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  13. #13

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Haunted Mansion, as the music has so many iterations...from eerie and subdued in the loading area, to the formal ballroom waltz, to the graveyard jamboree version...overall, the sound design in HM is exquisite.
    The haunted mansion does have the most complexly arrangmed tunes and mood music.

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    I'm gonna go with Haunted Mansion. Though Small World would be my second choice for this. Sure, It's chorus can drive people insane, but it's amazing how that one song can be made different for each culture or scene. Before they asked the sherman bro's to do the music, didn't they test the ride out with each country singing their national anthem, and it sounded terrible?
    Perish the thought of each country wailing out their repecteive anthems. LOL!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  14. #14

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    I wouldn't say HM's music is the most complex, no. It's fairly straightforward (and brilliant!) stuff. The orchestral music in Pirates is more complex than that, as are the scores to Soarin' over California, Indy, Star Tours, and so forth. HM is actually nearer to the bottom of the barrel in terms of complexity. Which just goes to show you that less can sometimes be more.


  15. #15

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The haunted mansion does have the most complexly arrangmed tunes and mood music.



    Perish the thought of each country wailing out their repecteive anthems. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I wouldn't say HM's music is the most complex, no. It's fairly straightforward (and brilliant!) stuff. The orchestral music in Pirates is more complex than that, as are the scores to Soarin' over California, Indy, Star Tours, and so forth. HM is actually nearer to the bottom of the barrel in terms of complexity. Which just goes to show you that less can sometimes be more.
    Less can indeed be more! Let's just say that the Disneyland resort overflows with attractions with brilliantly orchestrated entertaining musical arrangements.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] What is a dark ride/thrill ride/coaster/flume ride/interactive ride?
    By Mojave in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 02:16 AM
  2. little mermaid ride
    By misterp102778 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 07:54 PM
  3. Th Little Mermaid: The Ride
    By massimo in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 06:49 PM
  4. Where to put a Little Mermaid ride?
    By aerinpegadrak in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 02:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •