Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Walt Disney World

6 17.65%
  • Disneyland Resort

28 82.35%

• ~Mambo Italiano~

DLR VS. WDW 2009 (DLR Section Version)

It is always cool to see what people think of the two branches. In this overdue 2009 version I would like your vote. I do realize this may feel bias to put in the DLR section but I am also putting a version of this in the WDW section. Yes this has been done before but this is an overdue 2009 version and like I said I am just curious on your opinion. This is also where the two great American Disney Resorts may come together to compare and discuss for the 2009 year. Have fun

*Poll Coming*
    Last edited by SILVERMOUSE21; 03-13-2009 at 06:19 PM.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: DLR VS. WDW 2009 (DLR Section Version)

Well, I can't really say much since I haven't been to WDW.

• Circle of Ancients

It's very hard to compare the two. Both do things very well, but some things not so much. They are both very different experiences.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    It's very hard to compare the two. Both do things very well, but some things not so much. They are both very different experiences.
    While I agree, my purposes for choosing Disneyland is more than just simply about the theme parks themselves.

Weather plays a MAJOR factor in my decision in the overall. But if it were just the parks, I dunno, it would be fun to have the option of playing in four different parks, but each one just isn't fully satisfying. EPCOT is the most satisfying but it still lacks in the ride dept.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ~Mambo Italiano~

I will not get to vote in a long time but I am going to one of the WDW parks soon and I will be able to voice an opinion on that experience but not WDW as a whole for I am only getting one day....

I believe it to be virtually impossible to compare the two since we're talking about a two park, 3 hotel resort versus a 4 park, 2 water park, and I don't know how many hotels resort. The two resorts are completely different experiences, both good in their own respects.

Later this year, I'm hoping to pull off the double dip. I'll be spending a week at WDW in May and hoping to follow up with a weekend visit to Disneyland a couple of weeks later.

• =)

I voted for Disneyland. As always, my opinion is only worth so much, since I have very few memories of WDW, but I know enough about it to say that I'd probably have a great time there without Disneyland's extremely special place in my heart being in any sort of danger. Nothing will be able to replace Disneyland for me.

• in the Golden Afternoon

I have been to WDW twice. I enjoyed it. Its definently not as "magical" as DL. But it is cool because there are so many different parks, and many things to do and see. But overall, i gotta say Disneyland :]

Both resorts are experiences in their own right. Disneyland Resort is intimate compared to the huge Disney mecca in Orlando.

I voted WDW. Even though DL is more magical and thematically correct, I just have some special connection with WDW. Probably the same reason I prefer WDW's Pirates even thought DL's is clearly much better.

• Defying gravity

These threads are ridiculous, yet they keep appearing time and time again. The comparison is not valid.

• Circle of Ancients

When I think of Walt Disney WORLD, I don't just think of "the parks".

If your going to WDW just for the parks, your missing out on a LOT of the overall experience.

The Hotels, the restaurants, etc. All those things that IMO, Disneyland just doesn't offer. Walt Disney World for me is about escapism. Even if your outside the parks, unless you are leaving the property you are just immersed in the "magic" 24 hours a day. You don't get that at Disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    I will not get to vote in a long time but I am going to one of the WDW parks soon and I will be able to voice an opinion on that experience but not WDW as a whole for I am only getting one day....
    If you're going to judge WDW based on one day and one park, then the answer is a forgone conclusion. And as others have said, WDW is more of a "resort" than the other Disney resorts, so parks are only one component.
    Down with the Hat

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    If you're going to judge WDW based on one day and one park, then the answer is a forgone conclusion. And as others have said, WDW is more of a "resort" than the other Disney resorts, so parks are only one component.

I said I cant vote for a long time. Till I get a chance to have the full experience...... I said I couldn't vote off of one park...