Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Vid of DLP Monsters Ride & Go Seek! How Does Ride Compare With DCA Monsters, Inc?

YouTube - TDL: Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek! (2/2)
    Video of Monsters Ride & Go Seek

Contrary to earlier rumors, Tokyo Disneyland new Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek is not a target game oriented darkride. Nevertheless, it appears to me to be far more lavish and technologically advanced than the Monsters ride at DCA. There's considerably more audio animatronics. The AA's move more smoothly. The action in the machines is more creative, technologically advanced and entertaining.

Glendale Imagineers designed both attractions. The difference is that Japan's Oriental Land Company bought the ride from Disney. The era of Disney being able to hide from stateside fans and guests the difference between the lavish rides in Japan and the modest new attractions here is fast coming to a close ..and Disney knows it.

This is yet another reason that TDA amd WDC as a whole are willing to spend the money to extend the creative/advanced tech know-how on the DCA makeover and new major and e-ticket attractions coming to Disneyland - such as Star Tours in 2011.

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-14-2009 at 12:32 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Vikings > Everything

Re: Vid of DLP Monsters Ride & Go Seek! How Does Ride Compare With DCA Monsters, Inc

Make up your mind. Is it in Japan or Paris? I already know the answer, I'm just looking for consistency.
    Do you like pictures of Disneyland at night? Check out my thread of epic photos here.

Updated 3/17

Do you like pictures of DCA at night? Sure you do, check them out here.

Updated 2/28

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Vid of DLP Monsters Ride & Go Seek! How Does Ride Compare With DCA Monsters, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by KsfCptnAwesome View Post
    Make up your mind. Is it in Japan or Paris? I already know the answer, I'm just looking for consistency.
    Ha ha! It's late. Thanx, CptnAwesome. I made the change. Consistency reigns!

Wow, so similiar and yet so completely different at the same time. What a difference AAs can make over moving manequins.

• ...TWO BITS!

Looks pretty neat! Obviously it would be even better in person.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Wow, so similiar and yet so completely different at the same time. What a difference AAs can make over moving manequins.
    Well put, Professortango. "moving manequins"..

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Looks pretty neat! Obviously it would be even better in person.
    In person, it would be a thrill a second. I'd likely get back in line two or three more times, consecutively.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-14-2009 at 12:29 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

That building... as out of theme as it is... is even more beautiful than i imagined it after seeing the model of it. Wow, we REALLY got shafted. I never defended Monsters Inc in DCA. Not once. Here at last... is my reason. Even if the building doesn't look nice, at least give us moving lips.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• =)

What a big difference. I'm not one to knock DCA's version, since the constraints put upon WDI were pretty...constraining. They did an admirable job, considering what they had to work with. But this just goes to show what a Monsters Inc. ride really can be.

• Shablagoo!

I like how the flashlights trigger things and it is not a zapping game.

• =)

Did anyone else catch how the pupil of Mike's eye contracted when the flashlight hit it? That's, like...vintage-quality Imagineering right there. You don't see that too often in the States these days. Bravo indeed.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Did anyone else catch how the pupil of Mike's eye contracted when the flashlight hit it? That's, like...vintage-quality Imagineering right there. You don't see that too often in the States these days. Bravo indeed.
    Wow! Talk about nitty gritty interactive detail. I'll have to go back and check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I like how the flashlights trigger things and it is not a zapping game.
    Yeah. That's a unique feature that is as much fun watching as it would be doing.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    That building... as out of theme as it is... is even more beautiful than i imagined it after seeing the model of it. Wow, we REALLY got shafted. I never defended Monsters Inc in DCA. Not once. Here at last... is my reason. Even if the building doesn't look nice, at least give us moving lips.

All we're going to get is moving lip service from the suits.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I love our Monsters Inc. no matter what, but I still think our Sulley in the moving doors is funky looking!

• Banned User

Not to bash TDL at all but I was kind of disappointed with there ride. It moves way to fast for the flash lights to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oh, my...

that is quality right there, and I guarantee you we will never see anything like that here. That is real imagineering.

Now I have a better respect for the flashlights. Previously I thought they didn't really do anything, but they really look neat now. The only downside I see is the quick movements of the vehicle. It really gives you a slim chance to see some of the amazing scenes they put in this ride. Sully...actually... moves his lips and arms! Something we could only imagine in Mike and Sully to the Rescue. I think my two favorites are the first scene with Mike shutting down the power, and the last scene with Randall getting pounded by the trash machine. Very well-executed and detailed scenes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast