Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Disneyland: Have the new Promos Ruined it for the Regulars?

It doesn't ruin it. It just makes it less enjoyable. I don't blame Disney or the promotions for it. Disney is free to do what they want, as am I. So, when it does get to the point of "ruining it" for me I just will stop going.

Awe, but I'm not a local....so this really doesn't apply to me.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post

I've spoken with many friends and Disney strangers and it seems like everyone has the save opinion. For Disney regulars, the promos have made the park attendance extremely unpredictable and those quick little Sunday/after-work trips aren't as easy as they used to be.
    That post "said that" but obviously not in the same way, tomrules. And Anonymouse did say after that that they try to make the best of it.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

That post "said that" but obviously not in the same way, tomrules. And Anonymouse did say after that that they try to make the best of it.
    the difference in the printed word over the spoken word.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Iron-Clad Allie

In line with what mousechild earlie said, you can most always find slow periods during any given week. The main thing to consider about an increasing influx of park guests is this means more money for the resort.

Added capital means new attractions, better refurbishments and increased maintainance. It also will translate into lavish qualitative attractions at Disneyland proper and DCA's Phase 1 & 2. Furthermore less we forget, theme park 3 and a waterpark are just down the road as long as the crowds come.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Don't get me wrong, when we visit the park we try to have the right attitudes and make the best of it.
    Is the OP saying the regulars are better than everyone else? Being put off by the ads, or promotions that Disney does? That's really too bad if that was the intent.

I've been going to DL since 1968. (And, know others here who have been going longer.) Maybe we should pull the "better than" card.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Is the OP saying the regulars are better than everyone else? Being put off by the ads, or promotions that Disney does? That's really too bad if that was the intent.

I've been going to DL since 1968. (And, know others here who have been going longer.) Maybe we should pull the "better than" card.
    Tushe! Me thinks ya better.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Tushe! Me thinks ya better.
    Why thank you!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I read this thread 4 freaking times, and I'm still failing to find any sense of entitlement from the OP, or any sense of "regulars are better than everyone else" or anything even negative about the OP. If I've missed something, please direct me in the right direction, but I don't see it. It seemed like the OP was asking a genuine question.

My answer to said inquiry? Yeah, kind of. While the promos are great for Disney as far as packing the park and filling their coffers, for the "regulars" who come to DL several times a month, it's not as much fun to pop over to the park for a few hours. Seems like almost every time I've gone over the last 2 months, the park has been packed with people, parking has been scarce and frustrating, and it has definitely taken away from my experience. Do I feel entitled to a quiet, crowd free park with easily accessible parking? No, not at all. It just makes me consider possibly using those few hours in some other way rather than heading to the park. I know having an AP has spoiled me a little bit, but I've seen a dramatic difference in crowd levels of late. And it just takes some of the fun out of it for me. Before you call me entitled or tell me to just go elsewhere: Believe me, I am aware of and exercise my options to just not go. That doesn't make it any less disappointing.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Circle of Ancients

I honestly think that having 2 promo's going on at the same time (2fer and Birthday) is a HUGE mistake. They could have easily gone with just the birthday promo this year and probably brought in huge numbers. Now with both numbers the the parking situation especially is ridiculous.

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    ADMIN NOTE

I'm sure it wasn't the OP's intent, but this is a very inflammatory topic which will likely end very badly. Let's resist that temptation.

Thank you!

-Dusty
    This topic is more for a face to face discussion than back and forth posts. Something is being lost in translation, and Dustysage saw this a mile away.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    This topic is more for a face to face discussion than back and forth posts. Something is being lost in translation, and Dustysage saw this a mile away.

I'm not sure what you mean.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean.
    I quoted dustysage because the moderator predicted this would be an inflammatory topic and so far all I'm reading is everyone trying to make sense/rationalize/understand each post. So my thought is this topic is more suited to actual face to face talking instead of short burst paragraph exchanges. For me I have trouble getting my fingers to type the same things my mouth would say. I would love to be sitting on the cigar lounge patio at the napa rose sipping a fine port having this lively discussion, instead of reading it.

I also don't see any entitlement in th op's question, and my answer is also yes.I have lived in this area all my life and used to visit Diseneyland often many years before the AP.The day's of going mid week/off season and the park being empty are gone.I think that is what bumms out a lot of locals.That is all.I understand it is a business and they have to do what they have to do.....But man it was fun when you could almost have the place to yourself.

I think I know what your trying to say. And I do agree. Things are different than it used to be. With the passport payments and the 2Fers, more people have come and the more it has been crowded. I kinna of wished that didn't happen but I just know that I have to deal with it and find others way of beating the crowds.
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I read this thread 4 freaking times, and I'm still failing to find any sense of entitlement from the OP...

Quote Originally Posted by JumboJack
    I also don't see any entitlement in the op's question...
    That's because you didn't have a chance to read the OP before it was edited, hence the confusion. Most of the negativity (yours truly included) was based on that and not the new refined edition.

Personally, I'm glad that Disney's doing what they can to keep the doors open. That way Disneyland will still be open for the Gumball Rally in May.

Of course, with all the "new blood" coming to the Park it may be more difficult to finish the appointed tasks in the Gumball Rally, but that will only add to the pandemonium and paranoia.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast