Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

DCA Concept: Redwood Creek Museum of Monsters

I am still not crazy about the title, but the basic concept is having a new small wood-cabin type structure placed in the Redwood Creek/Golden State area, to emulate the kind of quirky California roadside attractions and serve as a center for info on purported-cryptzoological animals native to the state, such as Bigfoot, Tessie (Lake Tahoe's sea serpent), and the Thunderbirds of Native American lore for a few examples.

The building itself would be in roughly this style: http://www.shawneestructures.com/200...n-16x24bbg.jpg, plus a few more touristy flourishes...signs and the like, and a Bigfoot statue of this sort for guests to take photos with: http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-conten...oot-statue.jpg

Inside, it would be slightly similar in terms of level of exhibits, to a cross between the decor of the Hester and Chester store in Animal Kingdom, and the Yeti museum area of the Everest queue. Drawings and specifically commissioned/fake sculptures and artifacts of the creatures, explanatory boards and text pieces, video clips, along with purported real evidence, like the Patterson-Gimlin bigfoot stills/video and genuine cultural representations of the animals. It would kind of be a mish mash between "scientific" style presentation, replica skulls, information, and weird folk art carvings and plain silly nonsense. I think this could be fun, and unique...it would be kind of a small, not widely-advertised spot for people to come across and explore, comparable say to placement and advertising as the cabin inside Big Thunder Ranch more or less. A couple Cast Members could work it, and have specific "characters" or roles...a skeptic, for example, or a enthusiast/believer, to interact with guests and tell them about the evidence and history of the "monsters" of California. Add in a couple specific, goofy merchandise pieces...a silk-screened, slightly cheesy looking t-shirt, a snowglobe, postcards, all marketed as if it was a real off-beat roadside attraction, and I think you'd have something unique and fun that still fits the California theme.

Your thoughts?

• failure for lunch

Re: DCA Concept: Redwood Creek Museum of Monsters

Why Disney decided against using Bigfoot in an amusement park celebrating California I will never understand.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    Why Disney decided against using Bigfoot in an amusement park celebrating California I will never understand.
    Indeed, it seems odd they neglected the big guy....some presence at least would be nice, somewhere.

• HauntedOne999

I kinda like the idea... there are a few areas were a small shack could go. and California Mythology would be an interesting subject to see "Disneyfied".... heck maybe even a bigfoot AA on GRR. And anyways Brother Bear will only last for so long as part of the Challenge Trail. and i think a better name would be Redwood Creek Myth's and Legends Lodge.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

[quote=Alpoe001;3493138 and i think a better name would be Redwood Creek Myth's and Legends Lodge.[/quote]

That is a decent name for it, yes.....I was trying to think of something that skewed cheesy as well as describing it, but that's a hard balance to get.

• Storyteller

I like this idea a lot. It's smaller scale and wouldn't be extremely hard to do. It would be a nice little addition to the park during a time when it definitely needs something new. Oh, and I've actually been to that Bigfoot Museum that you posted the link to up there, lol. I forget where it is, but my family always used to stop there on our way home from camping trips.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by jfsebastian View Post
    I like this idea a lot. It's smaller scale and wouldn't be extremely hard to do. It would be a nice little addition to the park during a time when it definitely needs something new. Oh, and I've actually been to that Bigfoot Museum that you posted the link to up there, lol. I forget where it is, but my family always used to stop there on our way home from camping trips.
    I have been there as well, The Legend of Bigfoot..fun, if ubertouristy. Good stuff indeed, glad someone else has been

• Senior Minion

I really like it. I'm another one who feels like they've missed out on some great opportunities to use more California legends as a basis for attractions.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Well, DL already has Harry at the Matterhorn, and the Sea Serpeant (now in in petrified form) already. But maybe there should be some sort of "roadside attraction" on the way to Radiator Springs.

• Iron-Clad Allie

How fun a Museum of Monsters would be to run across while exploring the Redwood Creek area. As you have pointed out, California has more than it's fair share of curious creatures embedded in it's folklore. The film, "artifacts" and merchandise would be very cool to experience or buy. Love your idea of having two CM's portraying the roles of critic and believer! The entire idea would be cost effective and totally immersive.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    How fun a Museum of Monsters would be to run across while exploring the Redwood Creek area. As you have pointed out, California has more than it's fair share of curious creatures embedded in it's folklore. The film, "artifacts" and merchandise would be very cool to experience or buy. Love your idea of having two CM's portraying the roles of critic and believer! The entire idea would be cost effective and totally immersive.
    I think it would be fun too, to have as kind of a "hidden gem" attraction back in the Redwood Creek area...thanks, glad you liked it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Well, now that I think about it a little more, since the mermaid got evicted from DL, and is moving over to DCA, maybe Harry should leave the Matterhorn, get a tan, and head on over to Grizzly River Rapids, and then place a Sea Monster in the Seeament Pond at Paradise Pier.

• Drinker of Mad Tea

Brilliant idea! I think a fun tie-in would be a Bigfoot AA on GRR when the rafts leave the first cave and float past the shredded tents. They could easily make a copy of Harold in the Matterhorn, but with brown fur.
    ~The darkness must go
    Down the river of night's dreaming
    Flow morphia slow
    Let the sun and light come streaming
    Into my life, into my life~

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

I like this idea a lot; something different and unique.

GREAT IDEA!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Noctourne View Post
    Brilliant idea! I think a fun tie-in would be a Bigfoot AA on GRR when the rafts leave the first cave and float past the shredded tents. They could easily make a copy of Harold in the Matterhorn, but with brown fur.
    New AA's for the rafts would definitely be good, but having Bigfoot there might be too straight a lift from Knott's Bigfoot Rapids....I think the museum would be the best place for him, and likely not a AA...unless they stuck one of him back in the woods of Redwood Creek, as a surprise, like the real deal...to come out real quick on a interval...that would be awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast