Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pixar Play Parade...1st Anniversary!

Count down to fun! 5, 4, 3, 2, FUN!

Today marks the first birthday of a favorite parade, for most of us...the Pixar Play Parade.

Join the celebrartion with photos, comments, etc.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Pixar Play Parade...1st Anniversary!

It's cute, but not a big fan of it. It just doesn't have the same energy as BPB.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

I saw the parade 3/17/08..Loved it..thought it was a colorful,energetic,and wonderful parade and something worth watching in the hot season(given the parade had tons of waterworks in it

hard to believe the parade been in DCA for a full year. O.O

• Shubisha

In that time they've had a the showstop and an entire unit removed prior to its debut, a couple incidents causing a float to be removed for safety and reconstruction, a unit removed for cost cutting measuresermm... play play it's the play parade!!!

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    good job

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• Banned User

There was a show stop and another unit?

• Yeah.....

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    There was a show stop and another unit?
    Yeah, the parade was originally planned to include a show stop along with an entire Cars unit. They even created the song mix for it, but it never got used.

ALong with the show stop, the cars unit there was also a few more Monster Inc units that were cut at the last minute.

Now one of the best floats, Ratatouille, has also gone missing.

Also the water effects were toned down from its original design.

A nicely designed parade was downsized by the folks in TDA hopefeully come summer the ratatouille section returns

• The Monkey's Uncle

Here's a video in honor of its 1st Anniversary....
    Still enjoy going out to DCA and watching it with kids...

5!....4!.....3!....2!....1! FUN!!!

BTW....if you've never here the SHOW STOP music... I used it at the end of my video (PT 2 link). 4:59min mark.

And again... a THANK YOU to our PHOTOMATT for the use of his pics...

Enjoy.

Part One:
    YouTube - Pixar Play Parade PT1 !! HI RES !! -Disney's California Adv

Part Two:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arW1wvczImI
    Last edited by Skunkwerx; 03-14-2009 at 08:18 PM.

• The Monkey's Uncle

After filming PPP multiple times last year and through the process of editing the video I became familiar with the cast member faces and even today, its nice to see a lot of the same cast members still out there performing, creating the magic and giving it their all.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The units look nice, they ones they still have. It's too bad they have had so many issues plagueing this parade. And it really is too bad the Cars float never made it. The Bubbles are a nice touch, but the water in the parade is just darn annoying. Hopefully they never try another soak'em parade, most people don't watch parades to get wet. The music in the parade is just lame, and it has too short of a loop. It is nice that the Incredible are represented better, that they were in BPB, and I really like Jack Jack. And the Rat. float is very clever, sad that it's not in right now - probably one of those repair thing problems, that have been a continual problem with this entire parade. Not sure why so many problems have continually been hitting PPP

• Following the Second Star

I love Play Parade. It's so much fun and I have some great memories with it.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Koubu Pilot

I enjoyed this parade back in October. At first I didn't want to wait for it, but sitting on a bench was far too seductive on my tired feet.

I covered it in my vacation slideshow. My camera doesn't have a mic, so using the video setting only produces silent avi files, so I always have to overlay music. In this case, I used the Kingdom Orchestra version of Sanctuary from Kingdom Hearts 2. Mine probably isn't nearly as impressive as what was posted in an earlier post though.

YouTube - Disneyland 2008-Part 5 (Finale)

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    In that time they've had a the showstop and an entire unit removed prior to its debut, a couple incidents causing a float to be removed for safety and reconstruction, a unit removed for cost cutting measuresermm... play play it's the play parade!!!
    I'm not a big fan of the parade, but...

Whatever decisions were made concerning a parade prior to its debut should not change anyone's opinion of the parade. Just about every parade has things cut in the planning stages due to cost or simply not being feasible. And regarding the "CARS" Unit, it's still there, it just doesn't have its own separate music (except for Mater's lines). Lightning McQueen and Mater were going to be together at the end of the parade and use the "Life is a Highway" music. But it works a lot better the way they are. The actual larger float idea for the CARS Unit was modified a long time ago. And things breaking... it happens in every parade... you simply don't hear about it most of the time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

As I mentioned the lack of a sufficient music track for the parade IS something that does make a big difference in the quality of a parade. And parade units going completely missing for extended periods of time, is not typical of Disney parades, but has been typical for this parade. (and yes, issues of other parade floats is often a topic that pops up, and PPP has been getting the attention because of the numerous multiple issues with many of the floats for a variety of issues, and when things go wrong with other parades such as Geppeto breaking, and various other floats getting towed, the Genie Sleigh in the Christmas Parade issues are all talked about as well. But PPP parades problems have been too many to count. And really, it is too new of a parade to have had a record number of problems.) The Waterworks have been an issue with many visitors too, not to mention with the Cast member who perform in the parade. Disney doesn't advertise to complaints, but it gets discussed here. And no, splitting Mater and Lightning McQueen just doesn't work at all. Roz is suppose to be the leader of the parade, It doesn't make scense for Lighting McQueen to lead this parade.

That said, it doesn't make for this being a successful parade, not yet, anyway. It still has potential, and floats do look good (when they are functioning - minus the water) and the costumes and performances of the cast members is mostly good. It's just too bad that after a full year - they still haven't got the kinks worked out with the malfunctioning floats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast