Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Why is this DLR's policy?

Went to Disneyland on 2/21. Got an AP because mine had expired the month before. Anyway, got the pass, made the mistake of putting it in my front pocket because I somehow misplaced it. I was carrying around my 2 year old niece so it just must've fallen out between carrying her around during the lines or getting up and down from rides.
    So I realize I lost the pass. Figured, I just got it that day, they can make me a new one. Go back to the AP place. They tell me I must report it lost at Lost and Found outside the park and then when they found it, they would mail it to me. They gave me a temporary day pass for the rest of that day. Went to Lost and Found to report it and they gave me a whole different story from the AP Processing Center. They said if it's turned in (because it hadn't shown up yet), they'll hold it for 24 hours then destroy it. I ask why? Why couldn't they just give me a call to let me know they found it so I could come pick it up. Nope. They can't do that. They just destroy the passes. They said next time I come to Disneyland, I have to get in line at the Ticket Booth, ask if it was ever found then have them give me a new one. The girl mentioned if I hadn't lost my AP before, it would be free of charge to replace it. If it wasn't, there was a $20 fee.
    Luckily for me, in the eight years I've had an AP I have never lost one so it'll be free when I go get it replaced. But why do I have to deal with the hassle of getting in line again? I don't get why I couldn't just pick it up after being notified they had it or even better, had it mailed to me as the AP Processing Center had promised. Anyone know what the deal is? Why the different info from both departments?
    I'm going next Saturday with my niece again but it's going to be interesting because since I do not have my Premium AP on me, I won't be able to get free parking. How do they reimburse that? Store credit for $12??
    Just wondering...

• Disney is home

Re: Why is this DLR's policy?

I would call Guest Relations to ask about the parking situation. As far as everything else, I'm not too sure.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    But why do I have to deal with the hassle of getting in line again? I don't get why I couldn't just pick it up after being notified they had it or even better, had it mailed to me as the AP Processing Center had promised. Anyone know what the deal is? Why the different info from both departments?
    Most systems are put into place after you see what works and what doesn't work. Setting separate "appointments" to pick something up within a certain amount of time obviously has not worked for them.

Call the AP hotline with your other concerns: 714-781-4567
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

My daughter lost her pass once. It was her first time losing it. They charged her $20 to replace it. This was early 2008. We went to Guest Relations outside the park, not the ticket booth.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

My boyfriend lost his pass once. I don't remember if he had to get a new one or if it was found, but I remember the replacement being free.

Getting reimbursed for parking is easy (as long as the people at Guest Relations know what their jobs are - a few times my boyfriend and I have gone through this hassle from getting our APs and there have been times we've been told to get the money back next time we go to the parking garage, but they're not supposed to give the money back to you). Just go to City Hall and tell them and they'll give you back your $12 at the desk.

As to why...they probably don't want anyone potentially getting duplicate passes and then potentially giving someone else a free ride into the park.

• That's a lot of look.

There are no freebies when you have to replace the pass. Each time will cost you $20.

I wish I had some insight as to why you got so many different stories. It's frustrating to try to follow procedure when it changes depending on the source.

Have you considered contacting customer service? It's possible each office doesn't know what the other is saying. You may, at least, point out the discrepancies so that they can be fixed.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by missmonkey View Post
    There are no freebies when you have to replace the pass. Each time will cost you $20.

I wish I had some insight as to why you got so many different stories. It's frustrating to try to follow procedure when it changes depending on the source.

Have you considered contacting customer service? It's possible each office doesn't know what the other is saying. You may, at least, point out the discrepancies so that they can be fixed.
    i find it weird that they'll hold your sunglasses for two weeks and mail you something you lost if you fill out a lost&found form, but they won't hold your pass for you. perhaps they make too much money on $20 replacements passes?

i was under the impression that the 1st replacement for the year was free, and each one after was $20.

my sister dropped her pass somewhere outside or in a store in frontierland last time we were there. we were retracing our steps to where she remembered having it last, and went into a shop we had been in. we asked the CM behind the counter, and he had it! So if you ever loose a pass, the quickest way to get it back would be to ask CMs near where you thought you might've lost it, because chances are they haven't sent their Lost & Found stash out yet.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

From the AP website's FAQ:

Q What do I do if my Annual Passport is lost or stolen?

A Please report the situation immediately to a Main Entrance ticket booth at the Disneyland Resort, or contact the Annual Passholder Hotline at (714) 781-4546†. You will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of $20.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

They have been charging for replacements (and waiving the fee the first time you do it honestly - usually...) for many years.

They don't want duplicate valid copies of AP's running around out there, you "find" your lost card, and now you have two...

Moral of the story being: It's not your School Library card, treat it more like your Drivers License or Social Security card, or things you Do Not Want To Lose. Stuck in a shirt pocket does not cut it.

Put it away in a secure place like a wallet or purse, or get one of those neck lanyard holders and tuck it away under your shirt.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

When I had my wallet stolen and my pass was inside, I reported the stolen wallet to the Police. Since I had a police report number and officer name to give DLR Guest Relations, I did not have to pay the $20 replacement fee.

• Off to Neverland

When I first got my pass, my aunt was holding all our tickets and mine was the only one that ended up getting lost. It was Christmas time so the AP line was SUPER long. After waiting there for about an hour, the guy gave me a new one right there. He told me since it was the holidays he'd give us the replacement for free

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

When I first lost my AP they either gave me an option to either replace it or get a free temporary pass for the day just in case it was found. I bought the replacement.

• Cove Bar Official Dj

I like it when the cheap thin passes that they have now either crack or something physically is wrong with them like the barcode etc... i am not going to pay $20 for your barcode not being able to last halfway through the year.
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by SiRocket View Post
    I like it when the cheap thin passes that they have now either crack or something physically is wrong with them like the barcode etc... i am not going to pay $20 for your barcode not being able to last halfway through the year.
    But that's not lost, that's damaged and/or worn out. You have the current one to be turned in and destroyed after they replace it, so there is no charge.

Been there, Done that, More than once.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Closed Account

Ok, here's the deal with lost passes.

If it is found and turned into Lost and Found, it will be held for 24 hours and then destroyed. Although I'm not entirely sure of the reason for this, my guess would be that its because annual passes are valuable personal properly that can be misused easily, and its not a good idea to have them floating around Lost and Found forever.
    If it is destroyed, a note will be put on your file saying that it was found and destroyed, and you will not be charged for a replacement. If it was not found, you will be charged $20 for a replacement.
    The "free" pass being discussed is a courtesy pass, which you can obtain once per pass. It's meant to be used if you leave your pass at home or there is some other temporary situation where you only need it for that one day. If you know you lost your pass and you're never going to find it (i.e. you're sure its not in the car or somewhere at home), you should just purchase the replacement pass.

Hope all this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast