• Im the fun mommy :)

no more 7 or 8 day park tickets?

Will Disney loose money by not offering a 7 or 8 day park ticket? People who do not go often enough to get an Ap or live to far to go more then 1 time a year, will go else where for the extra days they can no longer get a 7 or 8 day park ticket. To those who have a vacation set on 7 or 8 days will disney loose money by not getting that one day more of foods, snacks, gifts and meals? or are they banking on people buying more days , or an AP ?I think it was a mistake for them to no longer do the longer day passes.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Missing Main Street

Re: no more 7 or 8 day park tickets?

I didn't realize they weren't doing them anymore - we usually go for five.
    My guess is that they're hoping folks will bump up to the AP, and possibly even use that as an excuse to come again. I've considered it before. Although we rarely can make it twice in one year, we think.. hmm.. maybe if we got the AP we could squeeze in one more little visit...

Just a thought.

Ya never know what those big-wigs are thinking!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
    -Roald Dahl

• That's a lot of look.

The resort just isn't big enough to keep one entertained for an entire week, like WDW. Buying an annual pass seems to be the more economical option if you do choose to stay that long. Guests who travel to So Cal for that long of a vacation usually choose to see Universal Studios or the like on a few days.

• Anaheim Born & Raised

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKimmie View Post
    I didn't realize they weren't doing them anymore - we usually go for five.
    My guess is that they're hoping folks will bump up to the AP, and possibly even use that as an excuse to come again. I've considered it before. Although we rarely can make it twice in one year, we think.. hmm.. maybe if we got the AP we could squeeze in one more little visit...

Just a thought.

Ya never know what those big-wigs are thinking!
    It probably has something to do with all the e-bay ticket scalping that was going on. Disney was having a huge problem with people buying the 7/8 passes from travel agents and scalping them online. There were several busts this past year of a couple different travel agents and pass holders who were meeting people in the morning, getting them in with the tickets and then coming back the next day with a new group. There were probably other reason too but I know that this was a contributing factor.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Not much more in cost from the old prices of 7 and 8 day Park Hoppers and the Deluxe pass. Also with the Deluxe pass you get discounts on food as well.

... not to mention if you come back before your pass expires, your admission is already paid for.

7 and 8 day Park Hoppers were discontinued around a month or so ago.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Pineappleprincess View Post
    It probably has something to do with all the e-bay ticket scalping that was going on. Disney was having a huge problem with people buying the 7/8 passes from travel agents and scalping them online. There were several busts this past year of a couple different travel agents and pass holders who were meeting people in the morning, getting them in with the tickets and then coming back the next day with a new group. There were probably other reason too but I know that this was a contributing factor.
    yeah, that was pretty sketchy. all of the DL tickets on ebay were a few days out of a 7 or 8 day pass, and you had to meet up with people to get your tickets. it would end up cheaper for the parkgoers than buying a 3 or 4 day park hopper, but whoever bought the 8 day pass int he first place was making a ton of money off of it. kind of creepy.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Guests who are interested in adding more days to their pass can upgrade to a 7/8 day PH upon arriving at the park.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"