Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

What is The Laughing Stock Co.?

I heard it's a pretty funny "meal and show" kinda thing that is in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon. Is that true?

• Hooterville, USA

Re: What is The Laughing Stock Co.?

It's a free show but you pay for the meal.

Pretty funny and a break from the Billies.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

they are hilarious!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

After i made this thread I found another one listed down at the bottom of the page and according to it, there are four episodes that play throughout the day. How long does a typical show last for anyway?

From what I read, it really seems funny.

I never got to see any shows in the Golden Horseshoe because I've never been in there. I plan on seeing it eventually though.

• Lackey

They are very funny shows, vaudeville style variety songs, jokes... The meal is only if you want to purchase food - from the bar, outside, or anywhere else you want to bring it in from - or no need to have anything, but just enjoy the show. Get there early enough to get a seat - it can fill up, especially with these new shows going on. They pretty much are on Tues and Wed, when the Billies are getting a break now. It all comes from the budget cuts in the Entertainment department. It is too bad the Billies had to be cut, but the variety is nice. It is fun to see this type of show in a venue that is perfect for it. They used to do versions of some of their shows outside the Golden Horseshoe.
    I saw two different shows that they did one day. I was about crying from laughing so hard. Good stuff!
    Shows are about 20 minutes each and times are listed on the Entertainment Guide that you can pick up at the gate with the park map.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• A Weather Eye Open

i've seen a couple of their shows when they were outside the golden horseshoe. they may still play them outside on busy weekends, but i haven't been around much to notice. they seem pretty funny, very silly and slapstick. i don't know how much of their shows have changed since they're now on the stage inside. they do run a few different ones throughout the day! if you see them all, i think it's kind of episodic, like they pick up from where they left off int he last show, so you could watch every show in one day to see all of them.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Future Indy Castmember

There only in the Golden Horseshoe on Tues and Wed. There still pretty much still outside on weekends. Basically the idea is that when the billies aren't preforming, then the Laughing Stock plays inside.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Laughing Stock (think old time wild west show troop) usually puts on shows outside of the Golden Horseshoe from Thursday through Monday. On Tuesday and Wednesday they perform inside the GH. This began the first of February. Their show lasts about 20 minutes and the shows are different, though I have only seen one of them. I went last Wednesday and saw the one where the mayor's daughter Sally Mae is supposed to marry the sheriff. She is "ugly" (because it's a he) and the sheriff doesn't want to marry her. So before she comes out they get three guys from the audience up on stage and blindfold them. One of these guys will get picked to marry Sally Mae. It was pretty funny. Here are some photos I took. (Look closely and you will see that this Sally Mae (different guys play her depending on what day of the week it is) looks like a certain Billy we know )

First off they have a piano player who plays a couple of tunes.

Then the mayor joins him in song.

Isn't she just the prettiest thang you ever did see?

The guy on the end is fed some answers by the sheriff and this is the one the sheriff really wants the audience to pick.

The guys are unblindfolded and some of their reactions were priceless.

In the end she marries the sheriff

and then they end the show with a little song and dance

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Aww, this is just a revamp of the outside show with a piano player added in...

They should go back to the "Frontierland: The Little Town That Could" sketches they worked up the last time they were doing shows inside the Shoe.

Different Mayor and different Sheriff than the regular Laughing Stock crew, and I'd expect Hal on the piano and that's not him either - but everybody is allowed to have a few days off. They've obviously been double and triple casting.

But that cutie Sallie Mae McGillicuddy above has been wowing the eligible bachelors of Frontierland for many years.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

It's my favorite Billy !!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    It's my favorite Billy !!!!

He's radiant! Wonder if he kisses and tells?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

The laughing stock outdoor show harkens back to the old days when gun toting cowboys performed on the street in frontierland. I havn't seen their indoor saloon show.

I have seen one of the Billy teams perform, though. they were an absolute riot! Especially love the hilarious skit where Billy get the fiddle stick stuck up his nose. giggle giggle snort
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Shag lover

They're pretty funny, though I'll admit I've only seen their outside show. Frontierland is unfortunately only a pass-through for me, not a destination.
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

Theirs shows are hilarious and I can't believe that Billy is playing Sally Mae! Maybe the rest of the Billy crew that got cancelled are still with Disney and maybe are now skippers on the Jungle Cruise. lol

The Laughing Stock Co. is one of the best shows I've seen. Very funny especially the jokes made about Sally Mae. I've watched all the shows that they've done ( all 4 parts ) and believe me, they're worth watching as their all different. Just like with the Billies, there are different groups that perform each day and each group has a different set of jokes.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfanatic View Post
    Theirs shows are hilarious and I can't believe that Billy is playing Sally Mae! Maybe the rest of the Billy crew that got cancelled are still with Disney and maybe are now skippers on the Jungle Cruise. lol

The Laughing Stock Co. is one of the best shows I've seen. Very funny especially the jokes made about Sally Mae. I've watched all the shows that they've done ( all 4 parts ) and believe me, they're worth watching as their all different. Just like with the Billies, there are different groups that perform each day and each group has a different set of jokes.
    The Sallie Mae above (cough John Eaden cough) was in Laughing Stock before he became a Billy Sub, and then a Regular on the "Billy's Green Team" that did Thursdays and Fridays.

I don't know what happened to "break up the Green Team", but someone in there probably got a TV gig or a concert tour, or something... The rest are still going to show up around Disneyland and DCA, there's the Miner 49ers at DCA and several musical combos at Disneyland. Most of these guys are musical Triple Threats or better - playing three or more instruments at a pro level. And they can act at least a bit...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast