• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Those Little Things that make Disneyland Special

I remember reading a thread based on this a couple of years ago and I thought it was great. I want to bring it back so that all of you can share your favorite little things that make Disneyland special. By "Little Things', this is what i mean, here is an example: the 19th century party line phones in the Main Street Coffee Shop or even the chessiar cat on the side of Alice in Wonderland, there are many throughout the park.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Those Little Things that make Disneyland Special

The Haunted Mansion "mystery light"

.....ooooh, it's a mystery
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Iron-Clad Allie

Love making wishes at the Wishing Well in Fantasyland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• =)

I like the little niches, lesser-known areas, quiet spots, stuff like that, for starters. The Court of Angels, Big Thunder Trail, and the HM FastPass gazebo (except during HMH) come to mind.

One of my favorite little things is the Evil Quee which pops out the curtains every now and then aboe above the Snow White attraction.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    The Haunted Mansion "mystery light"
    This one's my favorite. I remember the first time I saw it, I was so excited that I squeed.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• AW THERE U R.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    This one's my favorite. I remember the first time I saw it, I was so excited that I squeed.
    what is this mystery light?!

My favorite thing ever is probially the music in the HM fastpass line or the sails above New Orleans..

• Disneymom

The pay phone near City Hall and the bathrooms. I used them to call my hubby when he couldn't come with us. Just a small memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I like the little niches, lesser-known areas, quiet spots, stuff like that, for starters. The Court of Angels, Big Thunder Trail, and the HM FastPass gazebo (except during HMH) come to mind.
    I love those little places. I haven't been to Disneyland for a few years, though, can you think of a few more?

• =)

Well, back when Space Mountain was closed from 2003 to 2005, the exit area was very quiet. There were a couple times when I went back there to use the restroom, and there was always something eerie about it. I really liked it. I could see a bit into the exit hallway...it was so mysterious. No one there. Wondering what was going on inside. Can't really think of any others for modern times, though...

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Well, back when Space Mountain was closed from 2003 to 2005, the exit area was very quiet. There were a couple times when I went back there to use the restroom, and there was always something eerie about it. I really liked it. I could see a bit into the exit hallway...it was so mysterious. No one there. Wondering what was going on inside. Can't really think of any others for modern times, though...
    Another one of those types of places is the (what is it called?) Harbor Galley. The seating on the far side is fairly unused, and along with that the trail that wraps from there over the the water of Splash Mountain.

It's usually pretty quiet over there, especially now that the Galley is closed.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by dlandjimmy View Post
    Another one of those types of places is the (what is it called?) Harbor Galley. The seating on the far side is fairly unused, and along with that the trail that wraps from there over the the water of Splash Mountain.
    I LOVE that little seating area back there and the trail over the runoff from the Splash hill. It's very peaceful, almost as if you have gone into a whole different world within Disneyland. It's amazing. It's great to sit back there with a tasty treat on a nice warm day with a cool breeze and just revel in the sites and sounds and smells.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

The restrooms are great lol!! Hidden Mickeys are fun. but i think the best thing is the air ducks from POTC on the walk way by TROA. On a hot day just sit in front of one and your set!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by All Ears View Post
    The restrooms are great lol!! Hidden Mickeys are fun. but i think the best thing is the air ducks from POTC on the walk way by TROA. On a hot day just sit in front of one and your set!!!
    What!? where exactly is this!?

By Little Things, I mean little details about the park such as the 2nd story patios with talking voices putting on a little show for the people listening in, I think that's just great.