Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Rawr...

Oh no! Another Peoplemover Idea!

Oh no someone else has come up with an idea for the peoplemover tracks! Not again! Sorry guys, but you know us Disnerds... we get something in our heads and just have to share it with each other...

I was watching WALL-E this evening and it occured to me that the "trains" that the humans ride on in the Axiom are kind of based on the same idea as the origonal Peoplemovers (I think it was even called the Peoplemover)... Why not theme that puppy to WALL-E? Nothing too heavy... I mean, it could be used as a delivery system for futuristic products instead of the CoP, or maybe follow a light story like the FNSV.... The cars could be redesigned so that all of the passengers face to either the left or right (a'la some of the DLR Cars) and move past show scenes that are narrated by a robot/John Ratzenberger's cahracter/Fred Willard's cahracter (CEO of Buy-N-Large) announcing the wonders of the future!

I know that I may get reamed for puting another Pixar-themed attraction in Tomorrowland, but I think it could help us get out Peoplemover back. Thoughts?
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Re: Oh no! Another Peoplemover Idea!

It's interesting idea - seems like it may have been floated around before, but I would be happy if they just brought back the original.

• Banned User

Wall-E in my opinion is one of my least favorite Pixar movies. Great movie but I don't think it is as good as any other Pixar movie besides Bugs Life, but I haven't seen Bugslife in forever....

Wall-E is very cute but slow. Kind of boring until we get to the part where he leaves for space. All I am saying is that Wall-E is great but it does not need to take the place of the amazing People Mover, a Walt Disney classic.

• back in Austin

LOL. This thread's not exactly lighting up the boards, is it? I guess people feel like they've discussed this one enough, which is odd since we never seem to tire of rehearsing such subjects!

Walt himself was fascinated with urban transportation solutions and I think it's clear that the answer to Tomorrowland's problems is to get back on track (pun intended?) with the "tomorrow" part of the name. It's not the 50s anymore, but even today the "world in motion" theme is still vital, I think. The new peoplemover needs to be about viable solutions to real-world transportation problems, not this or that movie unless it's a happy coincidence that the best PM 2.0 solution happens to resemble an Incredibles pod or a Wall-E PM.

I hated the Wall E movie. So I say leave it bare till we get something grrrrrrrrreat.
    - Grumpy

• Sock Puppet

If the ride needs to have a new theme for it to be repoened, I'd say -
    I'm all for it.

Why not theme it as an Electric Car / Hybrid alternative fuel ride and get it sponcered by Toyota Honda or Ford as these are the leaders anyway? As this ride would be in TL on the same track as PM / RR. You could set up a light four pasenger car and use regenative breaking for Hybrid part heck it could probably even move as almost as fast as RR. Maybe even have some solar panels up on top of the buildings in TL to power the ride. This sure would go along way on advertisement from a marketing stand point for the sponser. Ok now I am done with my dream of filling the empty PM / RR track.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I welcome any idea..as long as they bring it back..everytime i look at those tracks..it saddends me everytime to remember when those cars where making people happy and made them relaxed.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Kawasaki Kreep

IMO Wall-e was the BEST movie Pixar has done to date. That being said I think Pixar should get its own park and leave the original, non movie tie in ideas for DL.

I've had a few ideas for the track but they wouldn't be practical (or entirely safe). One was a ride where you straddled the sportbike of the future and took off at speeds matching those of rocket rods (heck maybe even exceding those speeds). The bike would only hold 2 riders and would bank itself around the turns to keep the g forces from pulling on the riders. Kind of like those old motorcycle arcade games where the bike pivots in a stationary stand. Would it be a blast? Hell yeah! Is it realistic? Sadly probably not.

i love this idea

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by evmo View Post
    IMO Wall-e was the BEST movie Pixar has done to date. That being said I think Pixar should get its own park and leave the original, non movie tie in ideas for DL.

I've had a few ideas for the track but they wouldn't be practical (or entirely safe). One was a ride where you straddled the sportbike of the future and took off at speeds matching those of rocket rods (heck maybe even exceding those speeds). The bike would only hold 2 riders and would bank itself around the turns to keep the g forces from pulling on the riders. Kind of like those old motorcycle arcade games where the bike pivots in a stationary stand. Would it be a blast? Hell yeah! Is it realistic? Sadly probably not.
    Actually, this could be a possibility more than you think. Tron cycles anyone?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

HECK YES!!

IOne was a ride where you straddled the sportbike of the future and took off at speeds matching those of rocket rods (heck maybe even exceding those speeds). The bike would only hold 2 riders and would bank itself around the turns to keep the g forces from pulling on the riders. Kind of like those old motorcycle arcade games where the bike pivots in a stationary stand. Would it be a blast? Hell yeah! Is it realistic? Sadly probably not.
    That would be so awesome!!! But you're right, soooo unrealistic. Plus, the bikes banking themselves would relieve the G forces from the rides but non-tilting part would still add way to many G forces to the track. If only the laws of physics didn't exist......

• Here's my 2 cents

yes it would make a fun amusment park ride, but not well themed to TL. the peoplemover was perfectly themed to TL. Try again.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Senior Minion

Huh, how is a futuristic motorcycle or lightcycle ride any less "tomorrow" than a mass transit system?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• back in Austin

The original PeopleMover didn't have or need a theme, as such. It was relevant because it was functional and you were sampling some proposed transportation technology of the future.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast