Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Awaiting Walt's Return...

93 Miles North of The ORIGINAL Disneyland

Indy Ride Wait Time vs. Space Mtn. Wait Time

I will be going to DL Park this Friday or a day next week. Since I am planning for a good day ( I know there will be crowds ), I want to know whether Indy has a longer wait time or Space mountain does. I REALLY appreciate your help, since I have seen nothing but great advice from you guys!
    "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

óWalter E. Disney, July 17, 1955

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

Re: Indy Ride Wait Time vs. Space Mtn. Wait Time

Indy will almost always have a longer wait time than Space, this is of course not to say that Space will not be busy. Indy on a Friday will average anywhere from 45 to 90 minute waits, of course you could get Fastpasses for both Space and Indy, work out which is more important, or if you really wanted to you could do single rider at Indy which will cut the wait time significantly. Space can have wait times anywhere from 45 to 60. Bear in mind that Indy breaks down alot more, at least once a day if not twice to three times for either short or prolonged periods of time, whilst Space might break down just once a day, all in all expect either ride to be down at least once.

• Awaiting Walt's Return...

93 Miles North of The ORIGINAL Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by AdvFroGuy View Post
    Indy will almost always have a longer wait time than Space, this is of course not to say that Space will not be busy. Indy on a Friday will average anywhere from 45 to 90 minute waits, of course you could get Fastpasses for both Space and Indy, work out which is more important, or if you really wanted to you could do single rider at Indy which will cut the wait time significantly. Space can have wait times anywhere from 45 to 60. Bear in mind that Indy breaks down alot more, at least once a day if not twice to three times for either short or prolonged periods of time, whilst Space might break down just once a day, all in all expect either ride to be down at least once.
    Thanks! I was planning to get a Fastpass for the longer wait ride, and then get in line for the other, if you know what I mean. So, with this, I will probably go for a fastpass at Indy, then get in Stand-By line for Space. Thanks again!
    "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

óWalter E. Disney, July 17, 1955

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Are you going at opening?

If so, you can go on both attractions and many others in less than an hour.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Just note that FPs will only get you through the outside queue of Indy, once you are in the temple it isn't fast at all. Then again the same can be said about Space but Space with a FP would be faster than Indy with a FP. That and the fact Indy breaks a lot more can be added into it too. Nothing worse than getting close to the front and then having the ride break and having to wait there for awhile to get it up and running or even worse when they tell you to turn around and reverse your direction and exit the way you came in.

• =)

Both tend to have pretty (understandably!) long lines. I recommend FastPass for both, unless you're there in the wee hours of the day. But I was there yesterday, and when I got to Indy a half-hour after opening, the line was already listed as 30 minutes.

• Rock Star Minion

You can get on both in the first hour of the day. What you do after that is up to you. After about noon or so, it will be pretty busy.

I disagree about Indy queue.
    FP holders usually get a non-stop walk (about 5 minutes) up to the safety film, which is required viewing. The queue after that is maybe 5-10 minutes. Could be longer if you are in line when it breaks down.
    My experience is based on less busy days, though.
    Still, you don't have to wait you get there early enough.
    Optimal would be:
    1. Get Space FP.
    2. Go on Indy.
    3. Do whole Westside.
    4. Go back to Space when you feel like it.

With 16(?) hours to spend, you'll get in 20+ attractions easy.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Both tend to have pretty (understandably!) long lines. I recommend FastPass for both, unless you're there in the wee hours of the day. But I was there yesterday, and when I got to Indy a half-hour after opening, the line was already listed as 30 minutes.
    TAN: trip report, please. (In your "planning" thread.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• ...TWO BITS!

You don't have to use the FP between the time window. FP valid after the time stamped and is okay for the day. At the bottom of the FP ticket, tells you when you are able to grab another FP.

I THINK SM FP runs out before INDY FP usually in the day. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If SM has the usual "breakdowns", it actually doesn't take that long to bring back up compared to INDY.

Also keep in mind, INDY has a nice themed, shaded outdoor queue until merge point it goes indoors. SM before merge is all outdoors and depending on the time & day, will be sunny and have lots of switchbacks. Although SM has "shaded structures" I hear it doesn't help very much?

If you are waiting for INDY FP, Jungle Cruise & Tarzan's treehouse is nearby. Waiting for SM FP, HISTA & Innoventions is nearby.

Also Tomorrowland & Fantasyland are open for Magic Mornings but no FP until official opening.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

The lines for both Space and Indy are very fast. The only reason they're 45 min - 90 min. is because they don't move the lines. CM's will wait for fastpass people to get in first then move the Stand by people. I've seen this many times, my group would go through the fast pass line without any wait and the CM will stop loading the stand by people to let my group in. Then, they'll wait for a few minutes to see if any more fast pass people are coming then continue letting in the stand by people. Both Indy and Space Mountain have outdoor wait areas for the Stand-by and that is where the majority of your wait will be. Once you actually enter the Mountain ( Space ) and the temple ( Indy ) the lines are no longer than 15 min, except when Indy breaks down which is fairly often. I recommend getting fastpasses for both and ride the attractions that are near them or get some food.

• Cal Poly DL Lover

I agree with film... During the afternoon the SM outside area is not that great to wait in. Indy does have more shade and feels cool IMO. And from what I've noticed also, like mentioned, Indy FP don't run out as fast as SM....

Have fun =]

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

• Disney is home

I recommend going on Indy as soon as possible. The back up of fast passes and with the fast pass only allowing you to skip the outside part, sometimes to me doesn't make the fast pass worth it later in the day.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Get the Space FP as you get into the park.. then head to Indy. Why? because if you wait Indy will probably break down for the day! hehe
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Indy seems to ALWAYS have a longer line that Space Mountain. Why? I don't know, but it does. When I was there on Saturday, the Indy line went from 30minutes, to 60 minutes, to 75 minutes, to 85, and finally to 90 minutes while Space Mountain seemed to stay around 50 - 60 minutes. I'd grab a fast pass for Indy, and go ride space. As soon as you can, go get another fast pass to one of the rides. Indy fastpasses go fast it seems, it was 2:15 in the afternoon and when I got a fastpass for Indy it wasn't valid until 9:55 at night.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Indy always has a longer wait time than Space because of its many breakdowns and equal popularity. So get to Indy first and then grab a FP for SM later in the day, is what I would suggest.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast