• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Trip Booked for September 2009

I have spent today booking my trip to Anaheim California for later this year. The plan is to be in town for the D23 Expo and than spend a few extra days visiting the parks and possibly some outside attractions like Universal. The dates are from the 8th to the 17th of September 2009, staying at the Anaheim Plaza Suites. Anyway I have a few questions...

1) How is attendance at the DLR during this time?

2) Anyone stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Suites before?

3) Is there any construction involving DCA that I should be made aware off, as I see the lagoon is currently being drained for World of Colour?

4) How is the weather during September?

5) Is Knotts still worth a visit, as I've not been in about 10-12 years!

6) Any idea on what attractions are schedule for refurbishment during this time?

That should do for now.

• Done with MC.

Re: Trip Booked for September 2009

Thats a great time to go and I'll be there at about the same time.
    The weather is great or even a bit on the hot side sometimes (like last year). After the 3 day holiday crowds are minimal. DCA will be a mess of construction but it will still be fun and I think its well worth the price of a park hopper. I cant comment on that hotel ~ haven't been there yet.
    If you go to Knots, go there first so you wont be as dissapointed in it. Don't get me wrong, Knots is fun but it's a distant second to DLR IMHO.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    1) How is attendance at the DLR during this time?
    Generally, after Labor Day, attendance slows down at the resort, as schools get back into session. Weekends will still be busy, the the majority of the crowds will be gone.

Notice I said generally... this last year has been anything but typical, and since no one I know of has a crystal ball, many things can affect the attendance between now and then.

2) Anyone stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Suites before?
    I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza twice. Its an older property, but the times I've stayed there the rooms have been clean, are spacious for motel rooms, and the staff as always been very friendly and helpful. Its not fancy, its just basic, but its not a bad walk to the park.

3) Is there any construction involving DCA that I should be made aware off, as I see the lagoon is currently being drained for World of Colour?
    Construction will be continuing for the next 3 years or so... check out the DCA project tracker here:

Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker III

4) How is the weather during September?
    Generally beautiful. Warm days, coolish nights... seldom any rain but monsoons from the south can happen. Average weather here:

Average Weather for Anaheim, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

5) Is Knotts still worth a visit, as I've not been in about 10-12 years!
    This one I can't answer. Its been even longer than that since I've been there.

6) Any idea on what attractions are schedule for refurbishment during this time?
    Other than checking with the DCA project tracker and the Disneyland tracker... Disney doesn't release that info on their website much more than 2-3 months in advance. So unless someone else has some insider info, nothing is certain at this time. But September is the beginning of the so called "off" season (as much as it exists anymore), so rehabs and closures are not unusual.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• The one and only

The 40th Haunted Mansion event is scheduled for the 9th, so it will probably be pretty crowded.

• Im the fun mommy :)

go to knotts, we love it there and the wait times are so much less. the rides are great to!!
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

If you go to Knots, go there first so you wont be as dissapointed in it. Don't get me wrong, Knots is fun but it's a distant second to DLR IMHO.
    Cheers I've been to Knott's in the past before it was sold to Cedar Fair and my concern is that the place will lack the charm it once had. Knott's use to have a great Ghost Town area with some very nice Gift shops, but I suspect these areas have moved on in favour of more coasters, in which case I'll likely spend my spare days at Universal and SeaWorld.

Thanks by the way to everyone who has taken the time to reply.