Thread: First timer

First timer

Hi,

I'm going to Disneyland this weekend and staying at the Paradise Pier. Its my girlfriend's first time to Disneyland. Can anyone give me any advice on anything special/nice I can do for her first time?

Also, is there anywhere in the Paradise Pier hotel or downtown Disney where I can get flowers?

Please give me some ideas for this weekend to make it memorable. Thanks!

Re: First timer

Just take your time and enjoy! The first visit to Walt's magical little park is a wonderful thing.

• Young Padawan

I've never actually ordered flowers, but according to MouseSavers.com - Disney Discount Source - Disney World Discounts, Disneyland Discounts, Disney Cruise Discounts, "If you will be staying at one of the three official Disney resorts, Disney-themed gift baskets and flowers can be ordered for delivery to your room through Disneyland Vacation Planning. Call (714) 300-PLAN (7526."
    Other than that, you might want to make a nice dinner reservation; I recommend Blue Bayou in DLR, or the more reasonably priced Wine Country Trattoria in DCA.
    Show off your Disneyland knowledge by entering my photo contest:
    http://ocregister.upickem.net/engine...contestid=2557

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
    Also, is there anywhere in the Paradise Pier hotel or downtown Disney where I can get flowers?
    I don't know if the hotels sell them, but you could always do a floral delivery from somewhere local to your hotel. You might even be able to arrange it that they show up when you are in the park and have the hotel take them to your room as a surprise.

But the best advice was what was already said take your time and enjoy her first experience.

Good Luck

Oooops, Small Fry beat me to it......
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

If you're looking for something truly romantic (and expensive, upscale) hit up Napa Rose for dinner at The Grand Californian Hotel.

Also, the flowers in the package can be expensive ... if you can sneak away for about an hour, there's an amazing and well-priced florist/nursery (that's HUGE!) just up the road a couple miles from Disneyland, on Lincoln Blvd. It's called Vissers ... call or Google directions:

701 W Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA‎ - (714) 772-9900‎

• nș 103

Taking her to dinner is a must. Napa Rose/ Steakhouse 55 are very good, check online for menus so you know which one has food you guys are more likely to enjoy, and of course make sure you have a reservation.

Fireworks are good to take her to if she enjoys fireworks.

I know this will sound stupid, but why don't you call Paradise Pier Guest Services, tell them what you've told us, and see what they can do for you. No one is more informative than the people who work there and who's jobs are to help you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There is a "1st Visit" button that they can give to you at City Hall.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

Going the inexpensive route, because times are tough -->

+ Make her feel like a princess! Get her a nice tiara or hat in the beginning of the day to make her feel special.

+ There are also light up plastic red roses that you can purchase in the park. It's not as romantic as real ones, but it can be carried around the park without any inconvenience. As long as you are sweet when you give it to her, she'll appreciate the gesture.

+ And be sure to visit the Snow White wishing well next to to the castle. It's a nice spot to make a wish and share a kiss -- make sure to have some pennies for both of you.

+ Try to get a ride on the Lily Belle. I hear you can request a special ride from City Hall.

+ Take a BUNCH of pictures. It'll show her that you cherish the memories you are making if you initiate all the photo ops. Suggest she pose with characters or anywhere that's a great shot. She'll adore the attentiveness.
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
    Yana
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

• Zephyr Pilot

The Paradise Pier Hotel itself may have things to offer. They have a fireworks viewing area, I believe. I always hear the music coming from the pool area as I walk past the hotel during the fireworks.

Supposedly the Kabuki Japanese restaurant is good. I've never been.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Yana_Neko View Post
    + Try to get a ride on the Lily Belle. I hear you can request a special ride from City Hall.
    For this, go to the Main Street station and ask. They will let you as long there is enough CM working. You can also ride in the front with the conductor also.

You can also get some free items in the park:
    Ask to drive the Mark Twain.
    Death Certificate from HM
    Jungle Cruise Map

These items are unique and only few people know about these items.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Vissers is THE florist in Anaheim. Call them as they probably deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Yana_Neko View Post
    Going the inexpensive route, because times are tough -->

+ There are also light up plastic red roses that you can purchase in the park. It's not as romantic as real ones, but it can be carried around the park without any inconvenience. As long as you are sweet when you give it to her, she'll appreciate the gesture.

+ And be sure to visit the Snow White wishing well next to to the castle. It's a nice spot to make a wish and share a kiss -- make sure to have some pennies for both of you.
    +1. I did the same exact thing when my fiance and I were still dating and weren't officially a couple. The plastic roses aren't real, but they last forever and the thought is just as priceless as a real rose.

Visit the wishing well in the evening once it gets dark, very romantic.

And like everyone says, take your time and enjoy. Nothing like being at the Happiest Place on Earth with your special someone.

One night, take her over to Chino Hills to indulge in some Buffalo Wild Wings.... It's worth it..... It's delicious....

• Rock Star Minion

Dark rides. IYKWIM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."