View Poll Results: Nobama. Where's George? Your Thoughts On Returning Scaled Down Mr. Lincoln Show?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happy just to have a modest Mr. Linclon show return.

57 54.81%
  • Would rather have show return with audio 3-D headphones.

4 3.85%
  • Would rather return with both Abe and George Wahington.

5 4.81%
  • Would rather have show return with both Abe and Obama.

4 3.85%
  • Would rather have show return with Abe, Washington and Obama.

9 8.65%
  • Would rather have show return with all the presidents.

6 5.77%
  • Would rather have show return with both Abe and Stitch.

6 5.77%
  • Would rather have show return with both Abe and the Disney toon characters.

2 1.92%
  • Have other ideas.

3 2.88%
  • Really couldn't give a care.

8 7.69%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Nobama. Where's George? Your Thoughts On Returning Scaled Down Mr. Lincoln Show?

As Al recently reported, Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln will return later this year. Prior to the downturn of the economy, Disney had planned to upgrade the attraction in line with the Hall of Preidents in Liberty square at WDW. Now with the recession on, the budget has been cut and the upgrades have been scaled back. Even, the headphones/audio 3-D elements added in to the dineyland show in 2001 will be eliminated.

Upgrade plans were in place to add president's George Wahington and Barack Obama. This idea of course has been dropped. I must say, that I will be plenty happy to get Abe back ..regardless of how modest the show is.

As much as I like George Washington, I believe that I will enjoy the show more with complete attention being focused on the life, times and inspiration of Abraham Lincoln. Don't care for Obama much. But, even if I did, I would feel the same as I do with Washington. Perhaps this economy indused modest version of the attraction is all for the better, anyway.

Your thoughts...
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Re: Nobama. Where's George? Your Thoughts On Returning Scaled Down Mr. Lincoln Show

I'll take the show either way I can get it; while I would have loved the addition of Obama, I'm equally as happy to have an old-fashioned Lincoln show back.

In all truth, the idea of Obama never got hugely off the ground ... and not as much influence of the economy played into its dismissal as you might think. The idea of Obama (by many people, a controversial president AND addition) was something that was a 5-second idea, got leaked, and made to blow out of proportion (purposefully) for the benefits of attention, hits, and conversation.

Essentially, spin and hyperbole.

• Artistic integrity

Re: Nobama. Where's George? Your Thoughts On Returning Scaled Down Mr. Lincoln Show

Well .. the original 1965 show sent chills up my spine. 1984 and 2001 makeovers never did.

So ... if they do a '65 restoration .. with that emotional ending with the sky morphing into the flag ... with a full chorus of Battle hymn of the Republic .. I'll be happy.

I would like to see imagineering tackle this .. the same fashion they did with Sleeping Beauty Castle's walk-thru. They dismantled the 1977 remake .. and restored it pretty much they way it was when it first opened - 1957.

Do it for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - the ORIGINAL 1965 show ..... please.

If they want to change his speech around a bit .. fine ...
    but restore the original ending I just mentioned.

Battle hymn of the Republic is a very strong melody .. with a very patriotic, emotional resonance.

My request .. don't truncate it .. like they did for the 2001 makeover.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.

I'm a traditional guy. I'll love having Lincoln back. I think the current president thing is best left to WDW and the hall of presidents.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• When Will It Return?

I think blaming every single cut made in the last year on the economy is not accurate. Unless you know for a fact that the economy, specifically, was the reason given by Disney to change their plans, it shouldn't be dragged out as *the reason* for whatever change in the plans have happened.

As of now, no one really knows exactly what will & won't be in the new Lincoln show, except that Obama will not be in it.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Im the fun mommy :)

I loved the original and wish it was back! the ear phones and all.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• U. B. Bold

Pretty sure the Obama thing was misinformation that Al bit on.

Would love to see the original show make a come back ala the Tiki Room and Sleeping Beauty.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Disney Secrets Master

Obama and Lincoln would have been a nice touch.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

I am happy that it is coming back. But i only went to the show once before. i will prob go again when it reopens, but i am not sure how much more after that

• Fancy that...

I think it's totally fine...though it would of been cool to have a Hall of presidents kind of thing since that was the original idea before they took it down a notch with just Lincoln. I like Obama, but it would be strange to see him in AA form, and he hasn't been in office long enough to be THAT iconic...you know?

I wouldn't call it a 'scale down' since the Washington/Obama thing was only an idea/rumor.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I am very happy it is finally returning. I am all for the original 1965 version with the flag morphing thing and Battle Hymn. No headphones, please.

• Artistic integrity

I would also be very happy if they go back to the score they used in the 1965-1983 version of the show.

Clean up the audio tracks.

I'm not a fan of the somewhat bland musical arrangements used in the various music scores for the various shows in the DLR today. I cringe at the elementary sounding "Remember" .. and OHHHHH "Light Magic". OICH!

Frank ... I have a sick headache!!

I don't know how many have ever noticed this .....
    but musical arrangers pre 1970 .. have more complex "bells and whistles" to their overall sound.

Just play the opening of "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" on your main stereo .. and then play "Remember" ... Maybe you'll get the idea.

Back on topic ....
    I can remember that spirited "John Phillip Sousa" rendition of Battle Hymn in the Lincoln show .. and I just melt! I do to this day!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    I am very happy it is finally returning. I am all for the original 1965 version with the flag morphing thing and Battle Hymn. No headphones, please.
    The flag morphing and Battle Hymn gave me tingles and chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I would also be very happy if they go back to the score they used in the 1965-1983 version of the show.

Clean up the audio tracks.

I'm not a fan of the somewhat bland musical arrangements used in the various music scores for the various shows in the DLR today. I cringe at the elementary sounding "Remember" .. and OHHHHH "Light Magic". OICH!

Frank ... I have a sick headache!!

I don't know how many have ever noticed this .....
    but musical arrangers pre 1970 .. have more complex "bells and whistles" to their overall sound.

Just play the opening of "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" on your main stereo .. and then play "Remember" ... Maybe you'll get the idea.

Back on topic ....
    I can remember that spirited "John Phillip Sousa" rendition of Battle Hymn in the Lincoln show .. and I just melt! I do to this day!

Though not from the Mr. Lincoln show, here is a link that relays the feeling of the show ..a history in pictures of our 16th president set to a powerful rendition of Battle hymn of the Republic (orchestra and choir) -

Abraham Lincoln: Battle Hymn of the Republic
    YouTube - ABRAHAM LINCOLN : Battle Hymn of the Republic

..and for those who might like to reminisce, here is a video of the theme songs for the 1964 Walt Disbey's Wonderful World of Color, the 1970's The Wonderful World of Disney, etc. -

YouTube - 1964 Opening to "Walt Disney's The Wonderful World of Color"

Remember is a captivating and exciting show, for a large part due to it's musical score. But, the Wonderful World of Color theme song touches me deep inside, as did the Wonderful World of Disney theme song.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• The line's too long...

Just Lincoln please... though the addition of Stitch as a lark in the choices was inspired.

And the original 1965 show but no headphones please, those things can be a sanitary issue as well. The theater speakers work fine.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast