Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Question about food/souvenier prices

So my husband and I are planning on going to DL in October for 5 days for our anniversary. I have the hotel/hopper tickets/airline all priced out, and I'm just wondering, how much on average would 2 young adults spend on food/other stuff in a park in one day? I just want to have my prices as acurate as possible, and to put a little extra ontop of the total, just incase.

I have been to DL twice, and this will be my husband's first time So excited!!

Any suggestions/tips/whatever?

• Sock Puppet

Re: Question about food/souvenier prices

Too many variables to get an exact figure.

Your tastes in both food and merchandise might not be the same as others.

A lunch at the Blue Bayou will cost you triple the amount of a lunch at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Artwork from the Disneyana store will be at least 5 times that of a poster from the Emporium.

I would guess that food might run you two about $100/day. On avg, that should work out for two people when you figure in a nice meal or two during your trip.

Merchandise is totally up to you and your spending habits/budget.

Oh, and be sure and pick up an anniversary button at City Hall!

Have fun!

• nș 103

You can find fairly extensive menus and prices online. I'd say $40-$65 if you don't go anywhere expensive.

Disneyland Resort Menus
    Last edited by dmcman; 03-20-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Grammar error

Thanks both for your tips! And especially for the list of Disneyland menus. I think we would only want one expensive meal for the whole trip, other than that we're happy to eat at more inexpensive places throughout the day. And I think as far as souveniers go, we'd want mostly clothing. Neither him nor I are big on "dust collecters".

• A Weather Eye Open

clothing: say, $60 for a sweatshirt. Don't know about t shirts though. $12-$20 for fun souvenir hats from the mad hatter, mickey ears are like $13.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

For my peeps, I budget $100/per person per day. Souvenirs can be had for dollars to thousands of dollars, depends on your tastes.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Thanks!

I think what I'll add to our budget is $80/day for food for the both of us, and $500-$600 spending money, and we'll wait till the last 2 days to buy stuff, so we really know what we want.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vccharisma View Post
    Thanks!

I think what I'll add to our budget is $80/day for food for the both of us, and $500-$600 spending money, and we'll wait till the last 2 days to buy stuff, so we really know what we want.

That is a good idea and what we usually do - it really does help to keep you from overspending. THe onlt thing I buy right away is certain pins.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• =)

I can't be of much help with specific prices, but I highly recommend bringing a hefty amount of outside food with you. Disneyland is amazing, but the food there would be overpriced even if a lot of it weren't so mediocre or downright bad. Sandwiches can be lifesavers...PBJ, deli meat, whatever floats your boat. That and some crackers or cookies. Just pack it in a backpack and eat it when you please. Since you'll be staying in a hotel, there should be enough room.

Oh, and do NOT buy water bottles in the park. Buy some less pricey bottles outside the park, one for each of you, and then just refill them for free at restaurants like Rancho Del Zocalo.

This part is just my personal opinion, but I'd encourage you to cut out the souvenirs if money gets tight, or at least drastically reduce spending on 'em. Souvenirs are fun, particularly if they're something you'll really enjoy, but the most valuable lasting result of a Disneyland trip is all the memories you'll have. Have fun and take lots of photos and/or video. If it works out financially and logistically to get some souvenirs, that's awesome, but if you're finding that this is all pretty pricey, my recommendation is that they be the first thing to go.

Have a great trip!

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oh, and do NOT buy water bottles in the park. Buy some less pricey bottles outside the park, one for each of you, and then just refill them for free at restaurants like Rancho Del Zocalo.
    Another option is to ask for icewater at food locations like the Coke Corner at the end of Main Street. No other purchase necessary, icy cold, same size cup as a soda, and completely free of charge!
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I can't be of much help with specific prices, but I highly recommend bringing a hefty amount of outside food with you. Disneyland is amazing, but the food there would be overpriced even if a lot of it weren't so mediocre or downright bad. Sandwiches can be lifesavers...PBJ, deli meat, whatever floats your boat. That and some crackers or cookies. Just pack it in a backpack and eat it when you please. Since you'll be staying in a hotel, there should be enough room.

This part is just my personal opinion, but I'd encourage you to cut out the souvenirs if money gets tight, or at least drastically reduce spending on 'em. Souvenirs are fun, particularly if they're something you'll really enjoy, but the most valuable lasting result of a Disneyland trip is all the memories you'll have. Have fun and take lots of photos and/or video. If it works out financially and logistically to get some souvenirs, that's awesome, but if you're finding that this is all pretty pricey, my recommendation is that they be the first thing to go.

Have a great trip!
    Thank so much for your help.

Our hotel is within walking distance to the parks, so we have decided not to rent a car. Do you know if there are any grocery stores/markets/places to buy food from within walking distance of the parks as well? That would definitely make life at the parks much easier (and less expensive!).

Oh, and we for sure plan on bringing our own bottles. It's a must if I'm going to be outside for long periods of time!

We were at the parks the week before last. My wife and I bought zip up hoodie sweat shirt/jackets that ended up costing $65.00 each after taxes. T-shirts were running about $22.00 each in adult sizes before tax. We averaged about $15.00 per head for meals in the park. We stayed at the Peacock Suites and took advantage of their continental breakfast along with food we brought with us. We even left the parks on a few afternoons to go back to the hotel for an hour or two to relax and get something to eat, then went back in until closing. We had a fairly conservative budget for food and souvenirs and came in under budget when all was said and done. I actually came home with a few bucks in my wallet that I had forgotten about until this morning. For us, when it comes to souvenirs a t-shirt/sweatshirt is a must have and possibly a mug or two. We find out the price of the items we really want and figure that into the budget. Everything after that depends on what catches our eye and what's left in the budget. We also wait until the last day to buy souvenirs. It gives us plenty of time to wonder through all of the different stores in both parks and Downtown Disney and zero in on the items that we really want.
    Last edited by JangoFett; 03-20-2009 at 04:07 PM.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Another option is to ask for icewater at food locations like the Coke Corner at the end of Main Street. No other purchase necessary, icy cold, same size cup as a soda, and completely free of charge!
    That works too, but I personally prefer water bottles - they're easier to stow in a backpack and use throughout the day.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by vccharisma View Post
    Thank so much for your help.

Our hotel is within walking distance to the parks, so we have decided not to rent a car. Do you know if there are any grocery stores/markets/places to buy food from within walking distance of the parks as well? That would definitely make life at the parks much easier (and less expensive!).

Oh, and we for sure plan on bringing our own bottles. It's a must if I'm going to be outside for long periods of time!
    Unfortunately there's no grocery stores within walking distance. The non-Disney restaurants around the park are as or more expensive than the food in the park, as far as I've seen, and they get so much business because people think they'll spend less there.

There must be some smaller markets within walking distance, however... But I always drive in Anaheim so I don't really know!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Unfortunately there's no grocery stores within walking distance. The non-Disney restaurants around the park are as or more expensive than the food in the park, as far as I've seen, and they get so much business because people think they'll spend less there.

There must be some smaller markets within walking distance, however... But I always drive in Anaheim so I don't really know!
    Hm....well that's unfortunate, but alas. Not every vacation can be perfect! That's okay, even though bringing my own food would be great, I'm totally prepared to spend a little extra on munchies in the park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast