Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Am I the ONLY person that LIKES Disney's California Adventure???

Hi everyone. My post is all about the title "Am I The ONLY Person That LIKES Disney's California Adventure??? And I'm looking for an answer to that question.
    I moved to the LA area this past Spring and purchased an Annual Pass and I'm 31. I have visited Disneyland Park dozens of times before Disney's California Adventure opened and before I moved here. I have a special place in my heart for Disneyland, its like visiting the Mecca of the Disney World, it is where it all began and I love it. But, since I have moved here and have had the priviledge of having an Annual Pass, I feel the need to say, I LIKE DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE!
    In addition, Im really getting tired of hearing how BAD it is. Yes, I realize and understand that it has been a large miscalculation by the TDA and its former self. And, YES, I realize that the 'numbers' are bad every day, every weekend and every year. But you know what? I don't care.
    I really enjoy that park. It reminds me a lot of EPCOT and of course Disney (MGM) Studios. I like Tower of Tower and the differences it has from the one in Florida. I like the "Golden State" area. Grizzle River Rapids is a wonderful raft ride, probably the BEST I have ever ridden and I have been to many parks across the continent. The movie Golden Dreams is amazing. The could not have chosen a more perfect host for that film than Woopi Goldberg. I am a single white man and I must say that that film really opened my eyes to many things. That 'white' men didnt create or build the state and that 'equality' comes in many different colors, creeds and beliefs. I wish many many more people would take the few minutes to see that film. It is well done and has a very powerful message. I'm a big man, with friends and family and I'm not afraid to say that the first time I saw it, it moved me to tears. It is a MUST see. And, when I look across the lake to the Paradise Pier area, I don't see many people on the rides or walking around but you know, it is a beautiful site, that is hard to find in the Los Angeles area. I know the California Screamin' is closed and that the park is REALLY struggling. But, I wish more people would go, enjoy the attractions, enjoy the lack of people (its a wonderful feeling to walk down an empty corridor and just relax and take my time, enjoying the sites), and take it in for what it is worth. I didn't even mention "Soarin'" which is an amazing attraction in itself. And, each time I go on it, people are verbally amazed at its size, ability and visual intensity. Also, if you havent been this summer because you dont like the park it didnt think it was worth you time...check out the Block Party Bash, it really does perk you up and makes you feel good.
    Ok, so most of you will think I'm crazy and that is understandable and fine, I respect your feelings. But, PLEASE enjoy it for what it is. It has potential and its a great way to relax and beat the MASSIVE 50th crowds at Disneyland.
    Ok, please leave your comments. I hope I have opened some folks minds to walking across the esplanade and giving it another chance.
    P.S. I don't care if Monster's is going to be a silly childs dark ride, I CAN"T WAIT! (And, I thought that is what makes Disney great, making us ALL feel like kids again.)
    I really hope I'm not the ONLY person who likes the park as it is...but I'm ready to be the only won and NOT be ashamed.

• Minion

Re: Am I the ONLY person that LIKES Disney's California Adventure???

I kinda like it. I dont hate it as much as others.

The people who made it slashed the budget. Its no wonder people are let down. But it has some great rides. GRR, Screaming, and ToT.

>>Am I the ONLY person that LIKES Disney's California Adventure???<<

No, you're not the only one. There's at least a dozen other people who like it too.

• Minion

Am I the ONLY person that LIKES Disney's California Adventure???
    UHHH ... YEAH!

Just kidd'n around with ya!
    You should check out the DCA Lovers Alliance topic

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Nevermind Mr.Negative above me...There are a bunch of us folks who like DCA...there's even a DCA lovers alliance! I think it's got a negative rep because A:it's not as well-stocked with E-Ticket attractions as DL, B:it's got a theme to it and wasn't necessarally maintainted thru the whole park, and C:it was built across from the most amazing place ever! So hopefully people will continue to pay a little more for those park-hopper passes and will one day realize that DCA's a great place to go....even if it's only when DL is too crowded! ;D

I have some friends who just visited Disneyland for the first time in 20 years and it was the first visit for their kids. He came back this week and said that they had the best time there, but they liked DCA better than Disneyland. He said the kids liked both parks, but he and his wife were impressed with DCA. Having read so many of the posts on this board and others, I tried not to laugh. But I always have a good time at DCA, too.

Enough people that there is a 'DCA lovers Alliance' on this board.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Minion

I have loved DCA since it opened. Everyone talks about the lack of theming, but I think that it is a beautiful park. My kids love it too. It is so nice to have the alternative when DL gets over crowded and it really makes DLR a resort instead of just a theme park.

• Banned User

Join the Alliance, its free and we are lovers of DCa

• Who's your DaddyB?

I heard there's a DCA lover's alliance somewhere... um, on this board?

I thought maybe it should be pointed out again.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• =)

You're not the only one. I like DCA. I simply prefer Disneyland. Most people don't really have grounds for HATING the park, I believe. But that word is used an awful lot, and I for one don't really understand that. Is DCA a bad park? Of course not. It just doesn't live up to the incredibly high standard set by Disneyland, which is okay.

Well, it's okay as long as you're not with a group of teenagers with park hopper passes who want to spend all day in DCA or Downtown Disney while the Happiest Place on Earth is right across the esplanade...

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

My husband loves DCA. He hates crowds so it's a match made in heaven.

I think the #1 problem with DCA is that it was built next to Disneyland. I mean, hellooo?! That's like building a Joe Schmoe's coffeehouse next to Starbucks.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• My Children's Father

It sure beats a sharp stick in the eye or a mild bout of the "runs".

But seriously, I like DCA. I love Disneyland. I HATE that those in charge at the time created a park that is so undeserving of my love. And every time I hear "It's new, give it time, Disneyland didn't have many rides when it opened, I want to scream 'Baloney Sauce!' ."

When DCA was planned and designed, the Disney Company had over 40 years of institutional experience in theme park design. When a new freeway or a new subdivision is built properly, the infrustructure includes all of the "bells and whistles" that have been developed/invented over the years ..... they don't have the features of a freeway or subdivision built in the 1950's. Theme Parks should be the same way (unless you want to go cheap).

Reading Al's report on how Disney altered the design features of Intamin's California Screamin' design reminds me of a story my FIL told me. When he worked in the foods industry, his company was attempting to make a deal with Wal-Mart. In an effort to sell their product for a cheaper price, Wal-Mart wanted my FIL's company to "modify" their product .... "cut corners" if you will ...... my FIL's company refused, since they didn't want their company's name associated with an inferior product. So no deal was struck ......

The best things that DCA has going for it is the food (but how many meals can you eat there when the hours are limited and you're hard pressed to spend more than four hours there) and the effects of low crowds (but what does that tell you?).
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

My wife and I really like DCA - not sure I would say "love" though. DL is hard to beat (at least in the U.S.), but DCA is OK and can become much better through time.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• no flash photography...

no you're not the only one..., I love DCA!!!. we usually spend more time there than at DL.

...and don't worry even those who claim to hate it the most still visit it on EVERY visit to complain about it or hit the bar or something...to be honest I don't know why they go if they hate it, but whatever...LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast