Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Disneyland Today 3/20/09 - CAPACITY ALERT!!!

HIGH CAPACITY ALERT. POSSIBLE CLOSURE OF DISNEYLAND DUE TO CROWDS. DISNEYLAND IS EXPECTING HIGH CROWD LEVELS TODAY!!

Hello all

For anyone that is interested in visiting the Disneyland Resort today, please read the following:

I tried taking Aiden today for a few hours, and it was busy. First of all, they were handing out leaflets at the parking structure booths giving tips for guests during the times when the park is highly crowded. And second, one of the two elevators at the M&F parking structure was not working, leaving only one and a lot of people with strollers and wheelchairs inconvenienced. Three times when we were waiting the elevator would stop on our level, but it would be too full to board. It was basically passing our level going up (despite the fact that the button was pushed) and going to the higher levels. So if you use the elevator, and if there is still only one working, push the up button to get it to stop. But once inside, make sure that the 1st floor button is always pressed, or the elevator will go back up. Our ride turned into the tower of terror, minus the sharp drops and terror. I did however called to guest relations to let them know, but they couldn't get through to the techs.

Typical long crowd down below to board the tram. Once at the park, very long lines for the ticket booths. Getting inside Disneyland was ok, but the only ride we went on was Jungle Cruise. Getting off, I overheard a cast member use the words "They're expecting 62" and going by other words that they were saying, they had to have been talking about crowd levels, and were meaning 62,000. What I found out as I was leaving the park, only added to this speculation.

Wait times for Indy & Space before I left were already at 55 minutes. I hadn't seen the fast pass wait times for any rides. Peter Pan was already 40 minutes. Small World had the end of the line halfway down to the Matterhorn, and that is with the line crossing the parade route into their extra queue. Toontown was even busy, with both Minnie's & Mickey's houses having long lines outside. The end of the line for the Matterhorn was all the way to the back across from Tinkerbell's Pixie Hollow.

As we were going out the exit, they were stamping everyone's hand. And I MEAN EVERYONE! Because I told them I was an annual passholder, which does not require the handstamp for re-entry on normal days. But they told me they're even hand stamping AP's because if the park closes due to crowds, the handstamp will allow re-entry if you've already been inside.

We were going to go to DCA, but the lines were long to get in there, so I said forget it and we came back home. And the 2nd elevator was still not working when we left.

So I HIGHLY recommend that if you are planning on visiting Disneyland today, please call ahead to 714-781-7290 to reach guest relations and check to see if the gates are open or not, before wasting a trip down here and finding them closed due to high crowd capacity.

But if you do decide to go today, get there ASAP to get there before they close, and take advantage of FastPass because they will run out quickly. I expect Space Mountain and Indy to be out of Fastpasses by 2 or 3 at the latest.

Re: Disneyland Today 3/20/09 - CAPACITY ALERT!!!

Boy, this Great Recession is really hurting business at Disneyland, isn't it?!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

While I'm 400 miles away and not planning on hopping in my car for a quick visit, I still wanted to say I appreciate your taking the time to give everyone this update.

It's why I love this site!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    Not if they're allowing guests to purchase annual passes and make monthly payments on them to pay them off.

Most of the times during high crowd levels such as today, the percentage of annual passholders in attendance is usually pretty high.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I'm so glad that I went yesterday!..although it wasn't crazy bad like today, wait times for indy and space were at 70mins for inday (and this was like 11am) and 50mins for space aroudn 1030 am...I'm so glad we go those fastpasses for my nephews b-day yesterday. for the rest of the rides (maybe because it was morning or thursday) all were like 5 min rides..and matterhorn was working when we left but there was a huge line like you mention today.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post

DL & DTD were packed last night too. I arrived for a short time around 8:45 and the DLR was humming with conventioneers, high school & college groups, punks headed to the HOB and everyone else. Obviously nobody watches the news!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Well thank goodness it's the busiest time of the year.Good to know it won't
    get any worse.....

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I thought it was great out there this morning. We got there at 8:30, parked in DTD, and got on 8 rides before we walked out at 11. Not bad, IMO.
    Mike

Yea, I was there Wednesday night and it was pretty crowded...SPRING BREAK!!!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    I thought it was great out there this morning. We got there at 8:30, parked in DTD, and got on 8 rides before we walked out at 11. Not bad, IMO.
    You left 30 minutes before I did.

• Sock Puppet

Im heading there around 6 hopefully it dies down by then

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by DLLocal View Post
    Relying on past experience with busy Friday evenings, it probably won't die down until after 11 PM.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Relying on past experience with busy Friday evenings, it probably won't die down until after 11 PM.
    My thoughts exactly! But if you still want to go there DLL, then call ahead just to make sure they're open.

It's Friday night, and it won't slow down till AT LEAST after the fireworks or after the 2nd Fantasmic! show at 10:30.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Just adding to 2DieFr said, that's when people are off work usually and being a Friday expect it to get VERY crowded.

Thanks for the update, AidensDaddy. I hope it's like this on Sunday

• Sock Puppet

alright Ill give them a call before I plan on leaving the past 2 times ive gone these past few weeks on weekends me and my friends got there at like 7 and got to park in the first parking lot not even the parking structure

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast